Graphics Bug

BLiTZWiNG

Chieftain
Ok, I'm pretty sure this is a bug, unless someone knows something I've done wrong.

All my settings are on low for this shot, running in DX10/11 mode on my GTX 275. Civ5Screen0000.jpg

I got the exact same thing when I put the settings on low. If I played with higher settings, it looked fine, but ran like crap (not that it ran great even with low settings, but it was at least somewhat playable).

Since the game doesn't let you change any video settings in-game (WTF??), and it takes so long to load, I haven't bothered trying to isolate the exact problem.

Have to agree on both points. I tried isolating the problem but there are so many things to change. It's obviously a texture issue but the cause... /boggle

I just started playing it like that regardless to help performance, then the game crashed on me again :/

It seems ok with those settings in DX9 though.

Turn Tessellation to highest. Setting it to anything else causes the same bug on my Geforce 260. Strange, since as we both have DX10 cards tessellation should be irrelevant, it's a DX11 feature.

Yes, this took a long time to isolate. Including an 8 hour hard-drive check in case it was caused by the texture files being on a corrupt bit of disc. Also including a 4 hour re-download. :(

I experience this issue with my nvidia 9800GTX+ as well on low settings and dx10/11 mode.

My workaround is to play in dx9 mode instead because I get inadequate performance and excessive GPU load with anything other than low settings.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I've been having this issue since release on my Win 7 x64 system, nVidia GTX260. Setting Tessellation to Low causes the terrain textures to start wigging out exactly like the screenshot in the OP, but Medium or High works fine. It's just the terrain textures, too. City/unit/wonder graphics are just fine (again, like the shot in the OP).

I've got the latest drivers (260.99), didn't fix it. I've put my CPU through OCCT/Prime95, Memtest on the RAM, and OCCT VRAM/artifact tests on the GPU, everything checks out. My GPU temperatures in-game sit nicely around 55C or so. It seems like very few people are having this issue, since I haven't been able to track down any posts related to it elsewhere.

Maybe this belongs in the bug forum now? Seems like a few people found out how to reproduce it on their own hardware at least by changing the Tessellation setting.

Seem to be a problem specific to the G92/GT200 cards, and probably most people simple won't bother, as setting tesselation to medium will solve this problem without any noticable performance impact ;)

Interesting... I just got issue very similar to this, and it only happens if I put tessellation to low. If medium or high, there is no corruption.

Using laptop GT 540M graphics.

Top Bottom