Building Made Fun!

I only play civ V using BMF v.11 & CSD
have no problems to report LOVE the mod

Thank you Sir! :)

I'm back in the country again, will get back to civ in some days. Is there anything you need help with? The only issues with the current version I think would be some descriptions & effects that don't match anymore. And early happiness might be in somewhat too short supply, yes. I could do a patch for v11 to fix this...

I like the "Project Phoenix" moniker :) Some great artwork for it in your wonders topic too!

Hey, glad to see you're back!

My Project Phoenix will be drastically different - Sukritact is redoing all the art, with Sneaks doing some work on the Wonders. I have OrsonM working on some banners and such for the project, and I'm working on a complete overhaul and update. In some ways it's an entirely new mod using BMF as a base. There will be brand new features as well!

(Moriboe, if you want to know some details feel free to PM me to see previews of some of the new features, at this stage just the icons)

You can still get this mod (version 11) through the mod browser.
It has some slight inconsistencies due to its age, but according to Brave Sir Robin there are no problems worth mentioning. I will do so anyway: I believe some policies in the Commerce branch will add additional effects (added in a patch) on top of those described, and maybe the odd building will do so too.

Alternatively, you may want to check Uomo Universalis (which includes BMF in full, see signature) or Project Phoenix (when it becomes available).

Hi,

I just downloaded and played about 100 turns of your latest version 13, so wanted to give you some feedback.

The game installs and plays very well, and I like the new wonders you've incorporated into the game.

However, there are two bugs I'd like to report:

(1) a minor bug is that when you go to the savegame menu feature, it does not give you the normal option of being able to rename your saved gameturn. Also, when the turn gets saved, it appears simply as the civ name plus the turn number, rather than also showing the year information.

(2) a major bug is that after playing 100 turns and locating six other major civs, I still had not discovered any neutral city states. (I was playing on a Pangea plus map). Unless all the city states were on islands far out to sea, something is seriously wrong here.

Please see what you can do to fix major bug #2, as I used to enjoy playing this game in the past, am looking forward to playing it again.

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work. (I really enjoy Civ-5 mods, but am not clever enough to do any modding myself.)

Thanks for reporting! :)

1. is actually a feature; it's part of the code I use to save additional data. I liked the change, but I'll see if I can single out savegame behavior and maybe make it optional.

2. might be just bad luck? Did you meet any city states after turn 100? I did a test game using the ingame editor, and all looked fine: the correct number of city states appeared, in all flavors.

v17 crashes game as soon as i click start game v16 used to work perfect. using latest patch 511

hey wondering if anyone know how i could get past a bug i have, when i enable this mod and start or load a game, the tech tree won't show up and the unit actions interface (place with buttons like settle/fortify/embark/etc) doesn't appear either, now the tech tree isn't a big problem, as i never use it. However the unit interface is a big one as every time i wanna do an action i got to alt tab to check hot keys which make for an extremely frustrating experience. To top it off, BMF isn't what i want (no offense i didn't even check the features out xD) i only installed it to use Fill The Map, if anyone know of a fix I'd appreciate it.

I have same problem as You guys.

Can I plz link to older version? For exemple v16?

A little late, but: the older versions are still available on the mod browser; the version information is a drop-down menu that lets you choose the version.
As for the cause: no idea; I didn't change much really. It could help to do a fresh install of the mod: delete old versions, delete your cache, then install the new one(s).

Top Bottom