How do these people do so well so quickly???

The most double-swaps is easy to set up, just spend a few moves to get each one. Highest puzzle score is easy too, remember to use the 5x button.

This is such a great tip! Someone else posted the same thing in the 2K forum yesterday and I tried it and it gives you and your team such a massive boost!

Just line up the swap with a X1 and then double swap them with X5...bam!

Everyone will be doing this soon!

This is such a great tip! Someone else posted the same thing in the 2K forum yesterday and I tried it and it gives you and your team such a massive boost!

Just line up the swap with a X1 and then double swap them with X5...bam!

Everyone will be doing this soon!

I "abuse" this only when the "Most Double Swap" contest is out. Otherwise, I find that it's more efficient (if you have a couple of hundreds of move saved up) to combo it up. I've gotten 40x5 on a move before.

Though this requires a board mostly to yourself.. and later on the board, you will double swap by accident and it'll only trigger 25x5..

Yes, combos do get more culture; use that for the highest score. At one time a lot of people thought 125 was the highest possible but you can get more this way. Can double swaps be combined if you set a load up in advance? I haven't tried it yet. Hard to do on a busy board. I think you can lock people out with the civbucks, not that I ever intend to buy any!

Yes, combos do get more culture; use that for the highest score. At one time a lot of people thought 125 was the highest possible but you can get more this way. Can double swaps be combined if you set a load up in advance? I haven't tried it yet. Hard to do on a busy board. I think you can lock people out with the civbucks, not that I ever intend to buy any!

Well, the doubles do continue the combo, but they are (bugged, perhaps?) at a constant 25 (x5), and uses 2 spaces, so after a moderate combo it's not quite efficient.

Well, the doubles do continue the combo, but they are (bugged, perhaps?) at a constant 25 (x5), and uses 2 spaces, so after a moderate combo it's not quite efficient.

ya they are bugged so 125 is pretty much the max right now i believe

I have to say again, that people obviously playing to be the #1 player are obvious, and are not going to be supported for very long by teams. People in your civ can tell when all you are interested in is getting fame for yourself, and they are not going to ask you to be part of long-lasting teams.

I think it's very bad design that there is a conflict between winning with your civ and winning altogether. Teamplay isn't really supported by the score system. If you do helpful stuff like adding 2k beakers to a tech, you are not rewarded at all, it's MVP or nothing. That means, you have to find the balance between commitment to your civ and stuffing your own pockets to win.

That's quite idiotic...

It works fine in our current game, pretty much all of the top ten is in our civ. You can have common goals (research medals and war medals and wonders) and individual goals (contests, population medals, construction medals). There isn't much conflict between them. It isn't mvp for era wins via science as far as I can see, only for the medal. The era is worth much more. I think the state of the horrible slow buggy chat system is a much bigger issue.

It works when the enemies are pushover, so you can care only for about yourself, or it works when the enemy is equal, then you fully have to concentrate on your civ. But everywhere between, there's a conflict which shouldn't be.

ya they are bugged so 125 is pretty much the max right now i believe

I've seen higher but I don't know how they did it. Maybe doubles have there own multiplier so you have to do several doubles in a row to increase it.

I think it's very bad design that there is a conflict between winning with your civ and winning altogether. Teamplay isn't really supported by the score system. If you do helpful stuff like adding 2k beakers to a tech, you are not rewarded at all, it's MVP or nothing. That means, you have to find the balance between commitment to your civ and stuffing your own pockets to win.

That's quite idiotic...

Ya, the incentives aren't always there for a team/civ win, especially if your civ is full of strangers. I had a few things to do in the market guide, and a few others I omitted because I thought it was somewhat maybe against the spirit (waging wars purely to increase production cost, or selling research practically to your fellow civ-mates, etc)

In my previous game, our civ was so far ahead in fame that I think we all played for ourselves near the end, which is kind of unfortunate.

I've seen higher but I don't know how they did it. Maybe doubles have there own multiplier so you have to do several doubles in a row to increase it.

I think the confusion here is the highest value you can get on a double swap is bugged? at 125, but you can get a higher score on an individual swap by increasing the bonus multiplier and then doing a x5. The highest I've gotten on a single swap is 225. This basically requires you to solve the whole puzzle by yourself without making any mistakes along the way.

Has anyone tried single swapping x1 to get a x8 or x9 multiplier, then swapping to x5 mode and waiting to ninja the final swap on in the puzzle (guaranteed double swap). That would seem like a viable strategy for getting a high double swap value.

Regarding players who skyrocket from playing the market, I think such a player would have a place on a "competitive" civworld team. Since a large majority of the gold and resources the player gains comes at the expense of other civilizations.

Theorycrafting on this a bit, at the beginning of a new game, a team might use all their starting gold to buy up resources at once, inflating their price for their "market player" to sell, essentially bankrolling him with the entire civ's starting gold. This player could then build up a large amount of whatever resource to distribute back to whichever teammate needs it. If timed correctly, the market could be used as a way to trade between teammates.

Has anyone tried single swapping x1 to get a x8 or x9 multiplier, then swapping to x5 mode and waiting to ninja the final swap on in the puzzle (guaranteed double swap). That would seem like a viable strategy for getting a high double swap value.

Regarding players who skyrocket from playing the market, I think such a player would have a place on a "competitive" civworld team. Since a large majority of the gold and resources the player gains comes at the expense of other civilizations.

Theorycrafting on this a bit, at the beginning of a new game, a team might use all their starting gold to buy up resources at once, inflating their price for their "market player" to sell, essentially bankrolling him with the entire civ's starting gold. This player could then build up a large amount of whatever resource to distribute back to whichever teammate needs it. If timed correctly, the market could be used as a way to trade between teammates.

I've seen this happen on the market. I was there to snap up all that food when I saw the price plummet to 200 :D.

If I had to guess one thing most players do that would hold them back, it'd be that they upgrade all their buildings. Don't upgrade your buildings unless you are certain they can service at least 3 or 4 houses efficiently (very close with good happiness). Lumber mills in the midst of a lot of forest are often good candidates. I've gotten to the point where I think its only good to create one ginormous granary in order to get one food house very high and hope to lure in some dowries in addition to the extra production it gives you.

Rather, build more small buildings that maximize efficiency (adjacent to the resource and a house which has at least a couple happiness sources) and save all that excess production for troops. That is the path to domination. Build up your stacks of 100's of troops while the people you fight that are busy upgrading every little building throw up much smaller ones because they have very little production left.

Obviously a university should always be upgraded, but the one above is not ideally positioned. He did it because he must have created a ginormous library before village green was available, then built a ginormous village green, and then replaced the library with a university because he didn't want to move the village green or build another. But you should want to build your university in a spot where you have space on all sides (with a ring of forest/water around), and here the palace is eating up a quarter of the territory. I've gotten to the point where I often won't even bother building a library for precisely that reason, cause I'd rather just wait til code of laws / university are available and find the most ideal location.

I build a small one early so I can pop some blue bubbles. Small recycles for 100% =)

Yeah, early library next to the palace makes more in bubbles than harvest, but is worth it for the first couple techs.

The first part about the puzzle is exactly what we said was bugged.

Top Bottom