Tech mazes are overpowered

It is true that many of the 'open beta' games have not been filled up with 200 players, not even by the time the game is ending.

Well, the way the joining/friends thing seems to work is that in you available games, it shows you ones your friends are in, which still have space. Open joining seems to cut out about 170ish.

Well, the way the joining/friends thing seems to work is that in you available games, it shows you ones your friends are in, which still have space. Open joining seems to cut out about 170ish.

Tech mazed just got nerfed. Also, my maze moves now useless, as the update changed my 28 late game moves to 200 moves, but of course I can keep 30 of it.

Also changed from a mini game I can play one-twice a day into another Caravan game, 1000 tech at a time. Bah.

Yep, tech mazes massively nerfed, now only 1000 science per completion. Unless the value of them increases over time, they are almost worthless now.

Yep, tech mazes massively nerfed, now only 1000 science per completion. Unless the value of them increases over time, they are almost worthless now.

I hope so, because it's not worth a damn. I mean, I think it's like a 50% boost, effectively, for me, but it's going to be harder for a 4 player civ (well coordinated) against these 20 player civs on tech..

However, maze moves also got massively buffed. Collecting some 900 science in a single harvest gave me 22 maze moves (on Mass Media tech).

This balances out the massive nerf you get when completing a maze. In fact, using my 15 harvests, I was able to complete 12 tech mazes in about 40 minutes (and win the Complete most tech Mazes contest).

However, maze moves also got massively buffed. Collecting some 900 science in a single harvest gave me 22 maze moves (on Mass Media tech).

This balances out the massive nerf you get when completing a maze. In fact, using my 15 harvests, I was able to complete 12 tech mazes in about 40 minutes (and win the Complete most tech Mazes contest).

Ya, I think it's not super bad, just that it's now another Caravan game, where you do it once in awhile.

It's just very annoying because of the 30 max move, because that means you have to micro manage your moves a bit more..

Did they undo the last update?
Mazes have their old value back.

Edit
Confirmed by Firaxis :
This morning we will roll back the game version to prevent further problems of population and resource loss that some players are reporting. This reset will take approximately one hour. We appreciate everyone who took time to provide information about what was happening, and for your help in honing the CivWorld Beta!

2ok rewards for a maze is overpowered. 1k is way underpowered. It's a shame there aren't some numbers in between 1,000 and 20,000 that could be used. :p

More moves = good
1k reward = not good

Game needs more work. I think I'll wait till Beta is over before I try again.

2ok rewards for a maze is overpowered. 1k is way underpowered. It's a shame there aren't some numbers in between 1,000 and 20,000 that could be used. :p

More moves = good
1k reward = not good

Game needs more work. I think I'll wait till Beta is over before I try again.

Actually, I think it's not bad, in the sense that you can have better control how to give your teammates moves and not pop techs by accident. (And they need to raise/fix the 30 move carry over limit..)

The only problem is now to do a 14k maze, you're doing 14 1k mazes. Too much time. CivWorld is like having a second job.

Is it just me, or did the mazes also get more difficult when they made that last update? Maybe it's a separate issue, but I think the mazes require way more moves to complete than they did a week ago. Back then there was a reasonable chance that I could reach a beaker with 6-12 moves and that would be enough to chain some beakers together and solve the maze. In recent days, the beakers have been useless and it takes 25+ moves to solve a maze. Anyone else experiencing this?

Is it just me, or did the mazes also get more difficult when they made that last update? Maybe it's a separate issue, but I think the mazes require way more moves to complete than they did a week ago. Back then there was a reasonable chance that I could reach a beaker with 6-12 moves and that would be enough to chain some beakers together and solve the maze. In recent days, the beakers have been useless and it takes 25+ moves to solve a maze. Anyone else experiencing this?

I think that's just sadorandomness. In one of my games, the mazes were horrible, and in another, I kept losing extra moves over 30 because they were so easy.

As of today, it looks like they backed out the change that was meant to "de-overpower" the maze. I'm seeming rewards that are much higher than yesterday.

And they've nerfed it again. Don't get me wrong, I can do these mazes again and again and again, but it's pretty tedious to say the least.

I lost 229 moves this morning, which is seriously stupid. They need to fix this so moves can carry over.

If that. In Multimedia, 1k prize is hardly even worth bothering with. It's like when you get 10 gold from the caravan.

1k science is worth from 5k early to 20k end game
so its like 500 to 2000 times better than a caravan 10 gold

Was getting bored of the game already... and the maze change was the final straw. Took me 10 minutes of doing the "new" mazes for them to go from being a FUN game mechanic to being extremely tedious. Didn't even bother to play much for the last couple days of the last game I was playing. Still ended up second because the game was close to the end and I did so well early on... it just took an extremely long stupid time for the other civs to finish the last couple tech victories because they were all that was left in the way of era victories.

Top Bottom