Technologies Stolen

Convict

Warlord
And by that I mean having them stolen after building the Great Firewall. I guess the AI had a spy in my capital for a long time prior to the Great Firewall being built and it only delayed them a number of turns. This has happened twice to me now, although it doesn't happen often.

Just venting. I already hated Egypt in the game anyway.

Well... technically it says 99.9%... wich is one on a 1000 times... if they did twice in a row... in means 1 a million! That sound freakin impossible, but hey... someone have to win the lottery I guess... If you are sure it was in your capital, then its the only explication I can see.

ohhhh ok its not in a row?
Its in 2 different games?

Oh yes, it was different games and quite a few games apart. Rare, but annoying.

I know when I manage to steal a technology I seem to get archery or something and the AI gets acoustics- the AI must be far more patient than I am. I can't see much point having a spy sitting around for 70 turns- with a chance they will be killed or get a technology you could research in a couple of turns when they could be rigging an election. Even worse is if you wait 50 turns and then get told there is now nothing left to steal.

A spy planted before GFW sometimes can steal one more tech after GFW is completed. I have benefited from this many times. But other games my spy is mostly done -- and GFW makes it pointless for him to stay. I have not been able to figure out the pattern.

I have never benefited from the theft after the GFW, but by them my spies are normally being used as diplomats or in CS.

Top Bottom