Best Civ for each Victory

lolsen

Chieftain
What would be the best seperate Civs for each of the four victory types?

Science: Chinese
Economy: Zulu
Military: Depends on your playstyle (Arabs technically have the most direct military bonuses)
Culture: Rome (or France if you don't like playing an overpowered civilization)
All around: Russia

Don't take these as law: most civilizations have a variety of victory conditions they are good at pursuing and no civs are realy underpowered or that much overpowered towards one victory conditon or another (except the Romans). All of these are mearly suggestions.

Science: Chinese or Japanese
Economy: Spanish or Zulu
Military: Arabs
Culture: Rome or Germans (because of their production bonus)
Good at everything: Aztecs and Americans

These are my personal choices, partly dictated by my playing style, but any civ can be used toward just about any victory condition. The Aztecs, Chinese and Americans are good all around civs that I like to use when I just want to go with the flow.

Science: Greece or Egypt
Economy: Spanish or Zulu
Military: Germany or Arabs
Culture: Rome or France

Sorry for not sticking to the question, I had to choose two options for each victory type, based on the playstyle.

Military is a hard catagory to choose because there are so many ways to aproach a domination victory so it can easily be achieved by almost every civ in a different fashion.

Science: Chinese or Japanese
Economy: Zulu
Military: Arab, Germany, or English
Culture: Egypt or Roman

As has been said, you can use any Civ for any Victory.

I actually got most of my early wins with "non-obvious" victory conditions. For example, my first Military win, was also my first win with the Indians. I was going for Culture, but Shaka started launching spaceship parts. So.... ;)

I actually got most of my early wins with "non-obvious" victory conditions. For example, my first Military win, was also my first win with the Indians. I was going for Culture, but Shaka started launching spaceship parts. So.... ;)

Yes, you are right and still wrong. You can of course win any victory type with any Civ, but several Civs are built up through their bonuses to have a specific victory condition as preference. If you maximize the benefits and focus your efforts towards one goal (instead of trying to build a large, strong empire) for a quick victory then some Civs obviously are stronger than others.

Then of course, there are exceptions. One example from my last victory. I went for military victory with the Germans, building tons of warriors early in the game (in cities with barracks) to get them upgraded later on. Once I had feudalism I went aggressive and got 2 other capitals quickly. When I got to rome and was about to get my third capital I stumbled over a city with tons of wonders and great persons and woops I was 1 great person from a cultural victory. I finally won by building the united nations.

OK so the learning from this is? You can win through different conditions with all Civs but sometimes through bad strat or pure luck (as in my case). I was about to have a military victory (in line with my strat) but it was quicker to finish off the game cutlure wise.

Of course you can win any victory with any Civ, but the question was what Civ is the best for each victory. Obviously a Civ with 50% gold production is better for an economic victory than other Civs. It doesn't mean they're the only Civs that can win an economic victory, but they're the best at it, which is what the question was.

Top Bottom