Conquests Unofficial Data Patch Project

Chieftess said:
Yes, the AI would build no nationality units like there's no tomorrow if given the chance...

Yes, I remember in a custom game I made the Guerilla unit hidden nationality. The AI went insane and built about 20, landing them on my island and pillaging to hell.

And thanks for the patch, that bug with the wrong tech descriptions was REALLY anoying.

It was a problem in one of the DyP releases too. 1.50x I think it was. They loved snagging workers. And you couldn't snag them back without declaring war, unless you had your own HN units. Made for some interesting game play.

Not a bug, but I think it would be nice if you put the scenario music in the epic game. Not sure how you could do that without making another scenario, however.

You should just be able to rename the scenario music to the epic music. No scenario required.

The civilopedia entry for Outposts gives incorrect, or at least misleading, visibility ranges. They should be decreased by 1.

Found in both #GCON_Outposts & #TFRM_Outpost

Hmm...

I'm thinking about adding additional readme for various workarounds of exsiting bugs.

These come to my mind:
-barbarian fix by NoAIPatrol=0 flag
-ability of selecting Allow Scientific Leaders rule for scenarios (by switching between 1.15 and 1.22 C3C editor)
-problems with custom maps and OCN and tech rate parameters (and similar problem with barbarian settings)

When you make scenario, which has some game options preselected (like Acclerated Production or Respawn AI Players), Allow Scientific Leaders rule will always be off (v1.22).

On the other hand when you do same thing in 1.15 editor, Allow Scientific Leaders rule will be always on.

This is good to know since there is no option in editor to toggle on/off this rule (bug or lack of feature?)

Want it on?
Resave scenario in 1.15 editor.
Want it off?
Resave scenario in 1.22 editor.

Will the 1.15 editor correctly load and save a mod made with the 1.22 editor?

And yes, this is all good stuff for a separate file called Workarounds.txt or something.
:)

(now i just need to find a 1.15 editor)

That's easy. Uninstall. Patch to 1.15. Copy to C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests1.15. Then patch to 1.22. You now have 1.15 and 1.22 on your system.

The whole point would be to have 2 editors in the 1.22 installation. One a normal 1.22 and the other could be renamed to reflect the 1.15 version. Will get around to trying it IF i ever have a reason i guess.

"Well, that goes in cathegory of changing BIQ files (or moding game rules).
And I'm against that, since then high scores won't be recorded."

I'm curious, are you talking about multiplayer high scores, or single player too? How come they won't be recorded if you modify the BIQ files?

There is a conquests.mb file in Conquests folder.
It is a checksum of original conquests.biq file.

If BIQ gets modified it won't match the checksum, and game won't record the score.

even though the chances of a new patch for Conquest is slim is their still a chance, that Firaxis has hinted upon, for a new patch?

Regarding you patch: this is a very good idea and i fully support you and thank you for your efforts

Top Bottom