Naval Support? Other Questions

RevolutionVA

Chieftain
1. How does naval support work?
2. Can ships fire at targets several squares away?
3. How are resources in the water managed?
4. How many naval units are there and what are they?
5. How do naval units fair against air units?
6. Are there any anti-air land units?
7. How many types of air units are there and what are they?

This is my first post. Looking forward to the US release. Thanks.

1. not sure didnt get to fight enemy ships in the demo
2. not sure
3. well you can either get gold or science from the squares
4. well i built the gully (exploration only near coast), galleon(explortion everywhere on water, attacks, and defends), and the cruiser(attack ship, 5 movement)
5.not sure there was no air units to attack
6. yeah the riflemen i assume
7. i was only able to build the fighter
picks included
Spoiler :

Thanks for the reply but you didn't really answer anything. I know most of the answers now too. But how do you manage a whale resource or something if it is outside the area of workable tiles of your city? Even with a courthouse built it is out of reach.

Thanks for the reply but you didn't really answer anything. I know most of the answers now too. But how do you manage a whale resource or something if it is outside the area of workable tiles of your city? Even with a courthouse built it is out of reach.

You can't use resources outside of your BFC.

im not sure but i think get a big enough population or just build a new city.

Resources don't matter other than to help your nearby city right? There's no more happiness or health bonuses or anything else like that from them, correct?

Resources don't matter other than to help your nearby city right? There's no more happiness or health bonuses or anything else like that from them, correct?
That's correct. Resources in CivRev give bonus to production, trade, science, food, or culture.

or gold

as for naval support

a few facts, the bonus is added in After all promotions, etc. to the unit's base strength(not sure if promoted Naval units offer more bonus)
Naval Support is from the best Unit available (navla 'fleets' ie armies count as 1 unit, so a cruiser offers 3 Naval support, a Cruiser Fleet offers 9)

Naval Support is not available if the unit is landing (attacking amphibiously)

Naval support is AUTOMATIC
as long as your ship is adjacent to the tile that is being attacked, you get naval support.

Top Bottom