Computer Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread II

Well, the Jun 5 is there today. Besides that everything is 100% working and correct.

Hey... at least none of my programs ever crash on me.

Are there any programs I can use to convert GeoTIFF's to other image formats (.png, .jpg, etc).

Preferably with a GUI and/or point-and-click interface.

Command line programs and crap that requires being built/compiled before use will be shot on sight. :trouble:

I just plugged in a second monitor, works like a charm. However I am wondering if there is any way to make Monitor 2 work while Monitor 1 is full-screened? I'm afraid it doesn't allow me to switch without minimizing the full-screened application.

Anyway to force hardware acceleration?

Possibly, depends on what browser you use, they have differing hardware acceleration support for flash/webm/h.264.

I just plugged in a second monitor, works like a charm. However I am wondering if there is any way to make Monitor 2 work while Monitor 1 is full-screened? I'm afraid it doesn't allow me to switch without minimizing the full-screened application.

Not really, it's an OS limitation.

Hi, I just posted a new thread with a VBA question, but maybe it fits better in this thread:

Hello,

I have a list like this:

Code:
ID	X	Y	Z
K01	1448	1270	33
K02	1778	1820	18
K03	1301	1098	30
K04	1730	1899	29
K05	1993	1410	13
K06	1947	1796	10
K07	1662	1431	40
K08	1177	1508	39

I want to create a .xls file for each of the IDs/rows. I also need the information in the XYZ columns to be copied over to the new file (in specific cells, e.g. cell A1, C3, C4).

I guess this can be easily done with VBA, but I have no knowledge of it. And I don't have the time atm to learn it. Could anyone direct me to a site where I could find scripts dealing with this problem? Or maybe one of you can write it in 5 minutes?? ;)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=464549

It does partly depend on the type of fullscreen thing -

Fullscreen videos, you should be able to use the other monitor no problems.
Fullscreen games where your mouse controls the camera, you wouldn't want the cursor tracking offscreen when it gets to the edge anyway.

Is it games with an in-game cursor you're playing?

Binding of Isaac, Age of Empires 2, games like that.

As you said, it works fine with full-screen videos.

Okay so Im finally upgrading from Firefox 3 to ... whatever version it is now. Some of my old addons are incompatible so Im using a portable version to find replacements for those addons. So, when I get that figured out, how do i get the profile out of the Firefox Portable and replace the one i got so i can upgrade.

This doesnt make any sense does it?

Edit: Okay one of my addons is unavailable. I have it on the current profile though so Ill try and see if its compatible ... so how do you export an addon?

Another edit: Ok so I got the addon I used FEBE to export all my addons then got the one I wanted as an XPI. I think Im doing good. But i should go to bed now.

Okay. I figured out how to transfer the profile over. So Ive finally gotten around to upgrading. Im probably the last person to do that. Heh.

For addons: With some tweaking it is possible to get some older ones working. Also if you do a search sometimes other people patch the addons to make it work and then post those. Theres only a few I had to find complete replacements for. I also had to find another one to fix a behavior I didnt like. Also another theme because the default one was crummy.

With a bit digging around on the addon page, you might be able to find a beta version of the addon that isn't yet supported by the newest version. Those wont show up in automatic updates, so you have to search around

Well the addon wasnt updated in years so I didnt expect there to be a beta.

Peculiar problem happening with my desktop: if I turn the computer on before the monitor, it loads quickly as you would expect it to and without problems. But if I turn the computer on after turning on the monitor first, the computer will hang for upwards 10 minutes in the loading screen before starting, and sometimes won't start at all (will come back with the "Windows failed to start, repair?" screen). What the heck would cause something like this? I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting this. The monitor doubles as my TV and works just fine otherwise.

Spoiler :
Peculiar problem happening with my desktop: if I turn the computer on before the monitor, it loads quickly as you would expect it to and without problems. But if I turn the computer on after turning on the monitor first, the computer will hang for upwards 10 minutes in the loading screen before starting, and sometimes won't start at all (will come back with the "Windows failed to start, repair?" screen). What the heck would cause something like this? I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting this. The monitor doubles as my TV and works just fine otherwise.

What kind of monitor is it? It would seem that it works as more than just a monitor.

Is Microsoft Security Essentials good enough for anti-virus or should I be using something else?

Avast! and Malwarebytes' Antimalware are a good addition (and they're free),

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the combination of those three make the best protectionm but am not sure.

Top Bottom