City state mission - build a road

I had probably fewer bugs but way more crashing/stability issues. My CivIV disks don't even have the right labels on them.

As far as the new road bug goes, yeah, it sucks, but fixing one issue really often leads to unintended and totally unforseen consequences. It's not as if that has only ever happened with Firaxis and this patch.

Does the bug actually prevent a connection being formed (so that you don't get the extra distance for caravans), or just affect the completion reward for what's now a fairly rare quest? If the latter, it should obviously be fixed (but not before the resurrected scrolling bug), but nokmirt's response seems an overreaction if the actual mechanics of the road (extra caravan distance and quicker movement for units) still work.

I do wish they'd add some more relevant bonus for roads connecting civs, perhaps a tourism modifier, to offset the cost of the roads, however. Extra caravan range is nice enough, but you can't rely on not already having access to the best cities by caravan - I usually don't build roads to other civs and don't notice the difference.

EDIT: Somehow this thread seems to have been resurrected from 2010, when the original complaint was more relevant (roads had no advantages at all to city-states other than quests).

Probably just the completion. They broke that quest previously (and then fixed it). Around G&K release CS would request you build a road and not credit completion until THEY unlocked the Wheel (which could take a long time in Extended Era type games).

Wow, a three-year necromancy. A new record! :goodjob:

For a minute there, thought it was my fault... been on a 40ish hour binge working on getting my mod ready and wondered if I'd posted in the wrong area due to lack of sleep...

I haven't seen the road to CS bug in a long time. In my current BNW game a number of CS requested roads and every road I built completed it's quest properly. I wonder if some people are building the road to the CS's borders, not all the way to the city itself?

I haven't seen the road to CS bug in a long time. In my current BNW game a number of CS requested roads and every road I built completed it's quest properly. I wonder if some people are building the road to the CS's borders, not all the way to the city itself?

No clue. Sometimes CS complete the road in the borders, sometimes you have to do that. On slow tech games, like mine, it's possible to complete the road and not get credit for a while because it will not credit until the CS has unlocked the Wheel even if you complete the road all the way to their city.

Top Bottom