Moia tourism question - math looks a little odd

I've been goofing around with K-haha and the tourism I'm getting at end-of-game, while awesome, is a little confusing.

Here's the Tourism bump I see from a given Moia:

2 culture: +6 Tourism
3 culture: +10 Tourism
4 culture: +14 Tourism

and so forth -- this is with Internet, Hotels, Airports, of course, but no Visitor's Center (for which all these numbers double). And it holds whether I have the S. Opera House in there or not, and I'm pretty sure I had these numbers pre-broadcast-towers.

According to the text, I should be getting only +4, +6, +8 Tourism from these, right? Where's the extra Tourism coming from?

(Also, minor brag -- 1250 Tourism on Deity without Louvre, Sistene, Uffuzi, or any city conquering, just have 5 cities -- woooot! I love those silly heads.)

----
EDIT: Looks like the +33% for a WW (from Aesthetics) isn't doing anything. Also looks like if I have only a hotel and not an airport (theoretically +50% of culture) I'm getting a straight 100% of culture, which then doubles (i.e., a 1-culture Moia gets me 2 Tourism, 2-culture gets me 4, 5-culture gets me 10, etc.)

When the Airport gets added, then it goes into the crazy addition where it looks like I get 2 Tourism for the first, and then +4 for every culture bit after that -- for instance, 18 tourism for a 5 culture Moia, 22 tourism for a 6 culture Moia.

That's definitely not how Airport reads, but as a Polynesia fan, I like it! Unfortunately I can't sell a Hotel and see what happens with just an airport.

Holy city of world religion? IG winner? Broadcast tower with freedom?

Well it looks like for some reason the first culture must be giving you two tourism, and the rest adds on 4 each (6,10,14, etc)

Very interesting....

I haven't looked closely at Brazil and France's numbers. I wonder if they do the same thing.

Have you looked at your landmarks, or maybe your great prophet plants (if you have any) and see if the math is the same there or if it's just the Moias?

I don't have any prophet plants or landmarks, I'm afraid. I wish I could sell Hotels! Next time I play Polynesia I should track what the Tourism output is for each tech step.

Top Bottom