Expansion packs

free_cat

Chieftain
Hello, I bought Civ V in 2010 and played quite a lot for a year. Didn't play anymore and recently I knew about the expansion packs.
My question is, if I buy the Brave New World expansion, the Kings and Gods expansion minus the scenarios is included?
Should I buy both expansions... just one of them?

Also, I've been playing a bit without an expansion and I noticed that they made the game harder via updates, I can't win on Deity now, when I used to be able to win some of the games on Deity. Is that so, or I just lost my ability this year that I've not played?

The BNW expansion did get harder from vanilla and GnK. However, there are videos in youtube that show that you can still be victorious.

BNW doesn't include most of G&K (I think it carried over religion and possibly espionage but that was it - you still need G&K for the civilizations and scenarios).

I believe that, if you buy BNW, you get all of the features from both expansion packs, but you don't get the civs or the scenarios from G&K. I think I did hear somewhere, though, that you do get Ethiopia(a G&K civ) if you only buy BNW. Could someone tell me if this is correct?

Thank you, I'll think I'll just buy the BnW as it seems it contains all the features except the Civilizations.

@Otaman1 what do you mean by "just upgrade it for 20 bucks"?

Go to the Civilization V page on the Steam Store. Scroll down and there'll be a version of the game titled "Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition Upgrade" for 20 bucks.

Gold doesn't give you BNW. It gives you everything EXCEPT BNW & the scrambled maps.
If you have base/vanilla Civ 5 & BNW the only things you're missing are civs, scenarios, and map generators.
Just buy BNW and forget about the rest, at least until there's another big sale.

Civ 5 has gone through NUMEROUS changes since you last played. Not just the additions from the expansions, but rebalancing, AI tweaks, etc, etc. Just the recent "Fall Patch" made BNW noticeably harder for many.

or just wait for the last big collection on steam where they give everything created for around $20 on sale... Might be a year out though.. It's all about how much time your willing to wait. I would however pick up Babylon as they are an OP civ that's fun to play on every level.:king:

Top Bottom