Share Your First BNW Experiences Here

Just played as France and looked at every leader's screen, introduction, and reaction to DoW. Pedro and Casimir had the best reactions IMO. Also, one thing that I really like is the fact that when you're about to declare war, the game shows you who you will piss off and what CSs will go to war against you. Really nice.

Uh... Wow. This might take some getting used to.

Moderator Action: Merged this with First Experiences thread because we do not need a separate thread for every feature.

Shoshone music is deadly, popping your first goodie hut is quite enjoyable to take the culture bomb since your going to build pathfinders off the bat

OMG!!!
O
M
G

BARBARIANS JUST ATTACKED MY CITY. THEY FINALLY DO THAT!!! WOOOOOW! YUUUUUS!!!
I am so overjoyed. :D

The Shoshone are BEAST!! I went ahead and started immediately building a second pathfinder, and I bet I've found nearly 10 ruins within the first 30 turns! Very beneficial to use you first but of hammers to get a second pathfinder

And yeah the barbs don't mess around, they come in and just start attacking your city!!

The Shoshone are BEAST!! I went ahead and started immediately building a second pathfinder, and I bet I've found nearly 10 ruins within the first 30 turns! Very beneficial to use you first but of hammers to get a second pathfinder

Yeah, this seems like a wicked UA:

ETA: Sorry I jacked up the width for you. Hopefully it was worth it. :)

Shoshone goodie hut, I went
Culture-Population-Tech

seems to have reset and I can pick culture and religion now.

I play marathon, still haven't finished first tech (AH) was given Mining for my free tech earlier.

Damn Casimir seems to be only other one on my continent

So after 50 turns (promised myself I wouldn't go over tonight) as Assyria, I found Lake Victoria on Turn 3, have two cities up, met China, Brazil, and Arabia, made friends with Pedro, and am building my first siege tower while I decide that China will be the first green civ to die. After I take out China I hope to start setting up some trade routes.

Pathfinder does keep its abilities when it upgrades. I waited and he upgraded to a Composite Bowman as id already teched Archery

It was all going great. It seemed as if everyone on my landmass (Eurasia and Africa) was peaceful... Then I wandered into Africa and met Shaka. Well, time to build up that legion of mine.

Playing Poland vs. the other new civs, great so far, the new music is amazing but The Shoshone didn't explore ruins clearly visible from their borders, quite odd to me.
(First post on cfc too)

So far, I learned that Venice is going to be a challenge to learn to do right, but it will be fun learning!

Most impressed with improvements in the executable for the game. My GPU is running 3-5 degrees cooler than it was before, staying in the 60's for a change.

And I already want some TSL world and Europe maps set up ASAP for BNW! Yesterday! :)

Shoeshine cities are really big, and really noticeable. On the first few (3?) ruins, there was no option to spawn a great prophet, but afterward there was. After a few ruins, you can pick the same option again.

I have made a trade route with a city state civ, but I have now settled a few cities close to my capital, how do I change the trade route? I can't seem to do that?

Shoeshine cities are really big, and really noticeable. On the first few (3?) ruins, there was no option to spawn a great prophet, but afterward there was. After a few ruins, you can pick the same option again.

In G&K you couldn't find a faith ruin before turn 20. So that's probably it.

Top Bottom