Something you don't see in your Every Game

I have only seen it once, either during the Fall Patch beta or right after it was released, I was on a Huge map and several CS built forts, I was not paying attention as to what terrain they were making them on. Hmm, now that I think about it, it might have been that time where the CSes helped win the dominion victory.

Heh, this is cool. I've seen this before, but the city states were literally adjacent to each other and one of them took out the other. I've also seen city states take over an AI town, but they always burn it. :(

I feel like city states used to be more aggressive, too. I liked watching them kick butt, they were more interesting that way. Especially the warlike ones, which would raise big scary armies.

I saw CS building forts after barbarians kept invading their borders... was rather pointless since they didn't park a unit in it and the next barbarian just pillaged the damned thing.

I've also seen CS get locked into war with each other. In my last game even after the Major Civs did peace deals, sometimes their minor civ allies remained war-locked. Had this happen in several games and it was quite entertaining watch three of my CS allies on a small continent constantly attacking each other (even though all three were now allied with me).

Speakin' of Barb invasions... seems like Askia has some barb trouble. :D
hint: never left barb camps unchecked when you play with "raging barb" setting. :D

Spoiler :

No, it's icon for barb camp quest. I am using custom interface mod, so it shows up CS quest (on them).

anyway, why does AI left barb camps unchecked? I always clean mine, but they seem to left every barb camp that's no right in front of them or ones that are not in the place they want to settle.
I mean, there were three camps below the Celts.

:lol: I hope Askia picked Honor for culture farming! I noticed today that hand-axe unit is quit powerful, if you don't have the 33% bonus against barbs.
Strange for me to see barbarian sword, I tough they couldn't have strategic units?

In my last game, the city of Babylon itself was under the control of a city state.

I was wondering: what if a CS manages to capture a city with the Great Wall built in? Does its effects work on CS territory?

In my current game I'm about to lose a city to Geneva (there's another pikeman nearby); adjacent to me, allies with England, and my army is defending against England (not to mention out of position, and at this point I'd just lost one bowman to an English knight). It happens to be my Machu Picchu city, and as CSes usually raze cities they capture I'm not hopeful of getting it back.

I was wondering: what if a CS manages to capture a city with the Great Wall built in? Does its effects work on CS territory?

I was wondering the same. :D Would be funny, but I don't think barbs can take capital (assuming Great Wall would be built in Capital).

I had a screenshot of barbs knocking down one of Siam's cities (new, 1 pop), and it was reduced to 1hp, but they never took it. Barbs started chasing other units, including my scout which was about 6-7 tiles away from them. Will post it later. ;)

Dunno, maybe barbs are scripted only to bug AI, but not to hurt him much, like taking his city. Never happen to me either, sometimes they will attack city, take around 3/4 of health, but then start chasing something else, like scout for some reason, which makes me think they are scripted only to pillage title and annoy in general. In early games, their pillaging is lot more troublesome then AI rush attack.

and I've seen often that AI runs around with his settler freely and no barb even capture it (rarely). but if my scout or missionary walks five titles away, of course they chase him around half the world. :rolleyes:

I was wondering the same. :D Would be funny, but I don't think barbs can take capital (assuming Great Wall would be built in Capital).

I had a screenshot of barbs knocking down one of Siam's cities (new, 1 pop), and it was reduced to 1hp, but they never took it. Barbs started chasing other units, including my scout which was about 6-7 tiles away from them. Will post it later. ;)

Dunno, maybe barbs are scripted only to bug AI, but not to hurt him much, like taking his city. Never happen to me either, sometimes they will attack city, take around 3/4 of health, but then start chasing something else, like scout for some reason, which makes me think they are scripted only to pillage title and annoy in general. In early games, their pillaging is lot more troublesome then AI rush attack.

and I've seen often that AI runs around with his settler freely and no barb even capture it (rarely). but if my scout or missionary walks five titles away, of course they chase him around half the world. :rolleyes:

Given that there's an achievement for ransoming a city back to barbarians, there presumably is (or was intended) to be an ability for barbarians to capture a city and 'sell' it back - I don't think there's anything that lets them keep cities, and I've never seen a barbarian city, so perhaps this is what happened with Siam.

I've never seen barbarians take a city below the yellow in health, though.

Top Bottom