Great General.

kkapalk

Warlord
Hi guys. I am currently playing as China on small continents, King. I have Morocco next door to me. I am advancing well in the game, having the overall lead. The only problem is that Morocco have a very strong culture/tourism position. They also just won the World's Fair. My military is still slightly smaller than his, but I am fast catching him up. I am planning an attack, and want to plop a Great General citadel next to his border to allow my Artillery vital positions. My question is this- Is the stealing of his land likely to lead to him declaring war on me? He is already hostile, sending insults my way. I just need to know whether the citadel land steal has a heavy effect on his attitude toward me. Basically a war now would not be good, but with a few Artillery in place and a few more acquired the story would be different.
Thanks,
Kev

Yeah, you'll get huge diplo hit for stealing his land. You'll even get diplo hits if you steal it during war (once you accept peace).

but... since he's already hostile, who cares? If Morocco has bigger army and his cities are in desert, I would even provoke him to attack first. With good defenses you can wipe out his units, then counter attack. :) CKN are lot better at defense then offense too. They will eat up any ground units if you have good city location. (let's say hills\river)

It might be a better option then going into war on Morocco on his terrain, since his UU get bonus for fighting in desert (and in friendly territory if I am not mistaken. Haven't played to much Morocco games, so I am not 100% sure, but I am sure UU get extra strength on desert)

Thanks for the info. To make matters worse I chose Autocracy and Morocco instantly chose Order. My happiness plummeted! Then Morocco declared war on me anyway! So I had no time to plant the General. I did manage to win the war, though, and took his culture rich capital and another large city. Now his influence on me is waning and mine is rising against him. Nobody else is influencing me to any degree so it looks like I should be triumphant. Surprisingly the Zulu across the water have been badly battered by the Germans and the Inca. So their mass army threat is now also gone.
Thanks again,
Kev

Surprisingly the Zulu across the water have been badly battered by the Germans and the Inca. So their mass army threat is now also gone.

Not uncommon. Their behavior often leads to their neighbors ganging up on them, and by the mid-game they tend to lag in technology.

Top Bottom