THE My most freequent occurence of.... THREAD

Simple Simon

Simpleton
You know how some thing seem to happen several times in a row, then don't happen forever?

Well, here's a thread to post
your weird coincidences from BtS.

I'll start with 'my most frequent occurrence of slave revolts' ever:

man, did that piss me off! It revolted faster than it could grow back!

Attachments

• revolts.jpg
    revolts.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 573
nonsense revolts are the main reason I turn random events off ... it just pisses me off .

Not an event, but I once founded a city (I think it was the Cap) that had 7 Silver Hills in the BFC - most of them riverside, as well. I think that's the only time I'ver ever seen Silver in bulk and wher it wasn't surrounded by Tundra.

Not an event, but I once founded a city (I think it was the Cap) that had 7 Silver Hills in the BFC - most of them riverside, as well. I think that's the only time I'ver ever seen Silver in bulk and wher it wasn't surrounded by Tundra.
Rome, right? I hope you built a Colosseum. :p

Not an event, either, but I had a string of games (6 consecutive!) where I had Shaka next door.
Also, for too many games to count, I wound up playing against Cathy. These were consecutive as well. Now I haven't seen her in 15 games.

I have this feeling, that your opponents are somehow same or very similar, when you play certain leaders. Like I chose Huyana and it is always similar, then I chose Elizabeth and again different set of opponents but very similar to the previous game with her. Same thing with Augustus...
It is like, you chose this leader and the game has like a list of the opponents which are more probable if you play certain leader. I swear I'm not imagining this:)

Those are not several slave revolts. This is just a single revolt which proceeds several turns.
Basicly you have the option to stop the revolt ASAP killing 2 population; stopping the revolt ASAP killing 1 population + spending some gold AND doing nothing in which case the revolt will proceed 1-5 turns.

I swear I'm not imagining this:)
I don't think you are. I play on two different machines, and occaisionally three. On my two machines, I get similar leaders and relations modifiers (except for Cathy) on vanilla BTS. If I play on my roommate's computer, I get different results. And it gets really strange if I use my profile to play and not his. I know that the AI is not smart enough to adjust leader reactions and selection based on the name of the player, but it sure seems that way...

Rome, right? I hope you built a Colosseum. :p

Not an event, either, but I had a string of games (6 consecutive!) where I had Shaka next door.
Also, for too many games to count, I wound up playing against Cathy. These were consecutive as well. Now I haven't seen her in 15 games.

The last Rome game had 7 hills, but The Seven Hills of Silver Game was as Brennus, and ended up being a big dud (stranded in crappy land near the poles and surrounded by Cathy). But I did get to build a Dun. :woohoo:

Oh, and Cathy will be back with....A Vengeance. :D

Those are not several slave revolts. This is just a single revolt which proceeds several turns.
Basicly you have the option to stop the revolt ASAP killing 2 population; stopping the revolt ASAP killing 1 population + spending some gold AND doing nothing in which case the revolt will proceed 1-5 turns.

No those are 5 different revolts. One way to tell is that the message for a beginning revolt is different from a ongoing one. Plus the turns aren't consecutive.

I've had 3 mining accidents knock my copper mine out in the BC era. Sucks when huts are off and you don't have access to gold...while pulling an axe rush...on immortal.

Loss.

Did you like forget to sacrifice your firstborn to the RNG gods or something, TheMeInTeam? Everyone else can enjoy random events but whenever you leave them on they completely screw you over. :crazyeye:

Did you like forget to sacrifice your firstborn to the RNG gods or something, TheMeInTeam? Everyone else can enjoy random events but whenever you leave them on they completely screw you over. :crazyeye:

Chanceons; gotta be the chanceons. :)

Heheheh. Actually, I just play games really fast, which means I play more games. For every game you play the chance of RNG screwing you is static. However, as you play more games the odds of it happening in at least one goes up a lot! Even if there's only a 5% chance of getting screwed by a random event, if you play 15-20 games you're more likely to get hosed by one than not.

I have had a run of bad luck with them though. Part of the problem is that when I try to move up in difficulty I'm playing on thin margins too - for example while axe rushing on immortal you're not going to have banked much $$$ unless you just took a city, otherwise you could pay the event off.

I actually play tight to margins a lot, because I hate to play suboptimally in fear of some event that may never come. This does, however, increase the odds of being screwed by early events further.

I usually play with them off because of this, but in forum games they're on sometimes. I often get away with them on scott free, but you just can't forget the "locusts that ruined the game" or the 3 separate slave revolt instances :p. I don't like chance elements affecting decisions or killing games.

Another part of the problem is that I sold my soul elsewhere already and the RNG wanted it too :lol:.

I've had the same camp on an Ivory tile near my capital get washed away like 5 times:wallbash: In another game I got a stupid trireme mission 3 times while playing a landlocked empire, never having built a costal city the entire game.

You know how some thing seem to happen several times in a row, then don't happen forever?

Well, here's a thread to post
your weird coincidences from BtS.

I'll start with 'my most frequent occurrence of slave revolts' ever:

man, did that piss me off! It revolted faster than it could grow back!

I guess you didn't pay them off ?

I built a forge by whipping in a city and then had it burn down 2 turns later. Not the end of the world but funny i think

its not an event but I had random resources appear on mined hills multiple times in my current game. Everything from copper to silver, to gems. Iusualy only get it in one city, but this happendin a few differnt places

yikes! Did you have good AI trading partners available?

No those are 5 different revolts. One way to tell is that the message for a beginning revolt is different from a ongoing one. Plus the turns aren't consecutive.

What NarutoAvatarDBZ says.

3 games in a row. 1) i pop *two* copper resources right next to an enemy city. a few turns later they're inside its borders. 2) i'm first to copper again. there is absolutely none on my continent. 3) copper again. on a hill in an ice field to the south of my capital, and the distance of the moon to another.

so, i thought, i'll just get iron.... no.:(

3 games in a row. 1) i pop *two* copper resources right next to an enemy city. a few turns later they're inside its borders. 2) i'm first to copper again. there is absolutely none on my continent. 3) copper again. on a hill in an ice field to the south of my capital, and the distance of the moon to another.

so, i thought, i'll just get iron.... no.:(

hehe, yeah, I know that one, too! Copper all over the place, 8 res for 4 civs. Guess how many of them in the AIs' 21 tiles?

and that for 3 straight games in a row: each and every AI had at least one copper right in their capital, while each time I had no chance to get one.

Top Bottom