Civ 5 Confirmed Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a lot more info than listed confirmed. Check out the eurogamer article. Oops didn't see that, thanks ;)

bite, great thread - keep up the good work!

One comment - I think that's not an icon of the Oracle wonder. Rather, it's one of the art deco icons for a technology (probably a religious one, equivalent to Mysticism or Meditation). Compare the next screenshot in the IGN gallery, which looks like Writing.

I thought people said that that picture was of Bismark and not of Stalin. I could be wrong though. I also though they mentioned in other articles that there was only 1 leader per Civ.

There's a screenshot of Bismarck, but there is also an artwork that is definitely Stalin...

And the OP miss the fact that cities can defend themselves without unit in it...

1UP first look:

city states have own tech-tree

barbarians have own tech-tree
barbarians can have machineguns...

From the Gamespot article:
Instead, Civ V will offer you a new alternative to send settlers to a desired area and plunk down a huge sum of gold to simply annex that zone and its resources.

Cool new feature! Allows you to expand your borders manually without having to build a new city!

Ruins are the new version of goody huts apparently. Sounds cool.

And it seems that religion is not utterly cut from the game, but will be implemented very differently than in Civ IV. No news on espionage it seems, though.

There's a screenshot of Bismarck, but there is also an artwork that is definitely Stalin...

And the OP miss the fact that cities can defend themselves without unit in it...

I think that is an artwork for Staline too. But everybody told me it's Bismark.
But if you look at his clothes , there are less buttons than those of Bismark...

I've Updated it with all the info from 1up and Gamespot which I believe covered everything mentioned in the eurogamer review.

Well now there is only one civ left, which one will it be?

Surely its Spain...

Are the mods sleeping? Why isn't this thread a sticky...

Barbarians gaining access to nuclear weapons sounds like an interesting scenario, I hope they have a limited form of 'diplomacy' going aswell, but more in the form of threats and asking for tribute & such, or bribing them to temporarily focus their military on one of the AI civilizations.

Surely its Spain...
No no no..

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new land,
To fight the horde, sing and cry: Valhalla, I am coming!

It's the Vikings! :)

Barbarians gaining access to nuclear weapons sounds like an interesting scenario, I hope they have a limited form of 'diplomacy' going aswell, but more in the form of threats and asking for tribute & such, or bribing them to temporarily focus their military on one of the AI civilizations.

Yes. It'd be fun to be able to interact with the Barbarians diplomatically. It'd be cool if they had a 3D animated Attila the Hun to converse with. :p

Hopefully they'll be no pushovers and you'll be able to have grand wars with them.

Being able to bribe them to attack other people would be very cool. :D

No, this is Bismarck, for sure.
And Catherine has already been mentioned as leader for russia, so it can't be Stalin.

I wonder if you will be able to get more out of a strategic resource with technolgy. For example, we can mine deeper and drill deeper now vs 50 years ago.

So in the game after you research, the dry well is active again (or you see a new source of oil)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom