EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

If you're really dyslexic I could look over your civilopædia conscientiously.

To Show More Tips for Game Play:
Here is a Screen Shot showing the Survivors Just captured Paradise resort.

Notice the Old War Vet Chains and that all surrounding Building Tiles are covered with Units to Block the Zombies. Sam Hammer and Vuldacon (Invisible Units) are placed on one tile by their Buildings. The Zombies will try to send Hordes of "Coffin Units" to their Tiles "thinking" those tiles are empty and those Zombie Units will die trying :lol:
...as long as a Dog or other Unit that Detects invisible Units is not close enough to "see: your invisible Units, this is a VERY Effective way to deal with the Hordes of Coffin Units as well as Morticians and Paradise Morticians.
All Human Factions have invisible Units for use. But beware that they can start a War if another Faction runs into them so best to keep them surrounded if another Faction is close by so that cannot happen by accident.

SurvivorsCaptureParadiseResort.png

How to Capture Sam Hammer and the TARDIS:

Spoiler :
This is for the Authorities, Farmers and Survivors. The Company does not need nor have a Special Unit starting by the Research Center.
1st Move, Move your Unit that is by the Research Center to the Street Curve shown.
In this example I am using Freddie from the Survivors.

2nd Move, Run your Special Unit to the Skyscraper indicated to reveal more so you will see the TARDIS better your next move, then turn to Capture Sam Hammer.

Still 2nd Move, Fortify your Special Unit then Use Sam Hammer to Reveal the Company Top Secret Lab.

Shows end of 2nd Move with these Units. Top Secret Lab is Revealed.

3rd Move, Use your Special Unit to Capture the TARDIS (other than the Company who Owns the TARDIS) on the Skyscraper. Load your Special Unit into the TARDIS and in this case as the Survivors, pick up Sam Hammer and move to the Skyscraper below the Detective Agency. Move where you like. This is simply my way:)

Still 3rd Move, Shows Moving the TARDIS with Your Special Unit and Sam Hammer to the Skyscraper below the Detective Agency.

End 3rd Move with these Units, Fortify your Special Unit and use Sam Hammer to Reveal the Map as you make your way around and eventually to one of your Buildings for Safety. In this Case, I use these Units to Reveal quite a bit more of the Map around the Radio Station, City Hall and Police Station then take all to the Garage.
... If you are Using one of the Other Units, playing as another Human Faction, you would go to one of your Faction Buildings after using the TARDIS and Sam Hammer to reveal more of the Map as you go.

Special Note: It is important that you do NOT run a Unit around the Detective Agency or Sales and Marketing, revealing more than I have shown in these Screen Shots Before Capturing Sam Hammer or the TARDIS. IF you do, the AI will not move those Units where I have shown above.
*Also, IF the Zombies move a Zombie from the Detective Agency toward Sam Hammer on a Skyscraper by him, the TARDIS will Not Stop on the Skyscraper shown above. In that case, you can start over or try to capture the TARDIS Later.
... as the Company, you can easily Capture Sam Hammer with a Security Guard placed in a Car and driven out one tile so your security unit has the needed moves to capture Sam Hammer. You can then load Sam Hammer into the Car and take him either to Sales and Marketing or another Building as you see fit.

Last edited:
Ha! Now that is interesting. Will the zombies always attempt to land within one tile of a city? Because I have oftentimes seen them appear two tiles out.

Anyways, in my second attempt, I have started off much better than my previous game, probably more due to the fact I know more what to expect and what kind of strategy I should use beforehand than it is to the lower difficulty. The Sated Alpha Zombie List has been invaluable in determining which buildings I should target first I have made far more progress, now controlling 17 buildings, with the Paradise Resort and Camp Paradise under siege. I think the hardest long term goal will be making sure that once I have a solid perimeter established that zombies don't break through, especially once they reach the Omega and have loads of fast moving units. The greater mobility via movement points and "parachuting" is by far the greatest increase in difficulty from the previous game, at least in my opinion.

While the whole concept of combationg this incredibly mobile foe is exhilarating and challenging, I do feel it loses a bit of the "zombie" feel. Where once the challenge lay in overcoming enormous amounts of relatively slow moving hordes, one now has to focus on killer hornets, worms, and Omega Zombies that can all quickly zoom past the perimeter to the least defended city faster than they can be eliminated, meaning the strategy has changed from a static defense to a mobile one. And drawing away the amount of troops needed to prevent these stacks of fast moving creatures from the border means it becomes that much harder to go on the offensive.

Not that I'm complaining, simply making observations, and that challenges such as these have really revolutionized the way civ combat occurs.

Ha! Now that is interesting. Will the zombies always attempt to land within one tile of a city? Because I have oftentimes seen them appear two tiles out.
Bengal Tiger... No, the Zombies will "Un-Earth" in ANY Tile that is remotely close to your Buildings... especially if they are Not defended well. The Use of your invisible Units will simply allow the Zombies to believe that the Closer Tiles they are on are available and they will send the Coffin Units and Morticians there.

Yes, this is a Different Game in many ways from the previous versions but in order to have Many Champions and all of the Lethal Shooting Units against the AI that will not use those units as a Human will... it was necessary to provide the Zombies with the Strong and fast Units with programing I set up for them so they could contend with all of you Smart Humans :)

The Real Key to being able to handle the Omega is to capture Adventure Island and Upgrade the Annihilator by at least sometime soon after the Zombies reach the Omega. Other than this, it is the use of the Voyagers and all or the Units a player has, combined with a Good Strategy that is based on Knowing what is going to happen as the game progresses. That requires some time to learn. This is why I placed the Tips in Game Concepts in the Civilopedia and have offered more here on this thread.
I don't believe it will hurt the game play for players to understand what I have divulged. On the contrary, I believe knowing those factors will enhance the ability for players to have a Better time Playing because that comes from Understanding. I did not want players to have to suffer through many long games just to discover how to capture Sam Hammer or the TARDIS for example. Those Units are not Only Fun but VERY Helpful.

It is all a "Chess Game"... meaning one must know the game factors and "pieces", what to expect and decide on a strategy that fits them and their play. I merely offer what I do as an example but the game will accommodate many strategic styles. That said, do listen to the essence of what I have said because I know and understand more about this game than anyone, naturally :)

To me, it is almost too simple because Anything become easy when we know all about it.
Anyone who plays this game enough to really understand it well, will Win every time but I hope they will continue to have fun with it anyway.

One thing I wanted to accomplish was to have the game continue to be a challenge until the end as well as provide some surprises and challenges without causing players to feel that the game is too complicated or difficult. Some of the simple pleasures are in the details of the game and units... being able to Play "Your Way" coupled with Re-playability.

I suspect that many players will post their methods and tips... I look forward to reading those and the many unique ways players go about getting through and Winning their games.

Probably the Most Flattering thing I could hear from a Player concerning this game is that they had Fun Playing it because after all... that is what it is for.

Played for about an hour this morning as The Company. Great stuff. As Balthasar said somewhere, I will enjoy reverse engineering it to see how you did certain things, and may 'borrow' a few concepts. For now I am just enjoying playing though!

I just befriended myself - Survivor Justin from the Furniture Store :)

Well I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak. Playing as the Survivors on Mature level. I thought once the zombies reached Omega it would be over but it hasn't affected me as much as I anticipated.

The Company is destroyed. I have my original buildings as well as Snorkel Beach, Paradise Resort, Graveyard, Coastguard, Hospital, Dog Pound, Wild Boar Inn, North Shore, Armory, Paratrooper Base, Machine gun place (I forget the name) and marine base (I forget the name). I've razed the Church, Sanitation, and City Utilities. I probably should have razed Wild Boar it appears worthless. I was hoping I could get some drunks or strippers from it. Instead I lost Vuldacon, super Tokagawa, Rushmobile, scraps, and super Coupe defending it. Doesn't seem to have any buildable wonders, though if the farmers make peace with the zombies I could give them Wild boar and wait until they build Booze Imports then take it back.

The authorities have the military base and the farmers hVe Zeb's Farm and Coffe Plantation. Basically the good guys got 1 side of the map and the zombbies got the other side.

I'm currently researching sewer strategy and the plan is to build my think tank, get grand finale and get off this island!

I've got a champion squad led by Hero Hannibal and Sniper KA headed toward the airport now but I'm trying to knock out the radio station first which is proving harder than I thought for a city with no alpha zombies. I'm going to have to send more champions via sewer to the furniture store to meet up.

Most of my core buildings are producing supplies to keep my research rate steady. With so many zombies around my tiles are being blocked from producing.

I left the marine base very lightly defended to keep the zombies focused there while I have two Voyagers sitting offshore killing 18 zombies each per turn whenever zombies get close, as well as 3 cruisers. I haven't seen any squids in a while so I'm assuming I got them all.

North shore was zombie-bombed down to 1 pop after I took it so it is taking forever to build oil production and chemical factory. I've got the oil barrel bombs now but still working on the factory

CoastGuard falls by 10 am. Graveyard threatened, Fast Food joint under constant bombardment from whatever can be spared. I wish I could mount a push for the North Shore Industries, but there's too many people in the middle. One good point though: I left Charlie, Freddie and Sam Hammer around Zombie grounds proceeding at a leisurely pace. This diverts their attention and for every tile advanced I reconnoitered around, combined with the observation balloon, means I've got almost the entire island mapped out. IMO the balloon's got too many movement points.

@Nwoll. The Wild Boar Inn gives you Booze imports, so that gives you a free drunk every 3 turns. That is quite valuable in the scheme of things. I find as a general rule not to raze any building, since even I you are just doing supplies, then you are getting more than what you'd be getting.

Yes, but the North Shore Industries' output of disposable weapons is far better IMHO.

@Nwoll. The Wild Boar Inn gives you Booze imports, so that gives you a free drunk every 3 turns. That is quite valuable in the scheme of things. I find as a general rule not to raze any building, since even I you are just doing supplies, then you are getting more than what you'd be getting.

Yeah i'd love to get the Booze imports, but it's not available. I haven't checked the civpedia but I assume it's because only the farmers can build it.

Paying the maintence cost for 20 units to hold a building generating 10 gold of supplies is not economically efficient by the way.

The church is close enough to my base that it would have been useful but at the time I didn't have any units to hold it. Sanitation and city utilites are so far away that with corruption they are only producing about 2 shields a turn so there is no point in keeping them.

...it is not simply the units... it is the other benefits that also make the Key Locations worth keeping.

Being able to see the Island by Revealing it with Balloons or Helicopters is one of the Things players can do. The Movements of those Units are intended.

Yes, North Shore Industry does offer stronger Units than the Wild Boar Inn but take a look at the other Perks gained from Booze Imports :)

Point is... all are important and serve there purposes. Razing a building seriously limits the player. That said, IF you want to play that way...go for it.

The point is to see IF You can Win with your strategy and have Fun doing so... each to their own method and game play strategy :)

playing my 1st game, difficulty - restricted, faction - farmers. turns out these guys are totally immune to mortician coffin sneak attacks, crop duster owns them. it can kill those swimming things, too - very helpful. somehow things seem too easy, i am in very good shape even after commiting gazillion errors. pic -

Attachments

• zxcvvzc.jpg
    zxcvvzc.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 307
iPwn... Oh, the Farmers are Not "Immune" to Mortician and Coffin Attacks and yes, "Old Buzzard" is Very Helpful... especially in the hands of a Human Player. I am sure you have read what Zombie Buildings you should Not Bomb due to their having an Auto Defense System. They can destroy Old Buzzard.

Yes, the Farmers do have an easier time because they own Zeb's Farm and the Coffee Plantation. Both of those Buildings will produce serious Food and Shields. The Farmers start out not at War with the Zombies and have the ability to make peace. Because the Farmers can gain such a Large Population, they can afford to produce many early Prospectors. If the Farmers are played well, they can certainly "get their land back" and from the Screen Shot, it appears they have High Hope to Gain the Entire Island... Good Luck with your Farmers game :)

EDIT: I meant to say that I like your use of the Fortresses and Barricades. Have not seen anyone use them as much.

Can they paradrop into barricades? After I get the ability to build them and have rebuilt all the roads I tend to go barricade-crazy, at least to bog down the faster zombies and make bombing runs and drivebys easier.

Yeah i'd love to get the Booze imports, but it's not available. I haven't checked the civpedia but I assume it's because only the farmers can build it.

Paying the maintence cost for 20 units to hold a building generating 10 gold of supplies is not economically efficient by the way.

The church is close enough to my base that it would have been useful but at the time I didn't have any units to hold it. Sanitation and city utilites are so far away that with corruption they are only producing about 2 shields a turn so there is no point in keeping them.

Don't forget that you need an electric Generator and Fridge before you can build it, that means the location has to be a size 7 before it will appear, since you can only get the fridge after you have grown past size 7. Maybe you forgot about that, but even still the production that comes from the location is much better than the Church.

Hi Vuldacon, I'm very glad you finished this and could put everything you wanted in it. People may not know you really made an amazing job with this, modding every part of it, correcting tons of units and other artworks, putting you heart into it. I had a chance to test it a while ago and "hell yeah" I had a hard time!!! The difficulty is amazing, but if you guys follow Vulda's tips, you should do a great job. Have fun guys, and Vuldacon: have a rest now!

Yeah, go play some EFZI, agent Vulder.

Oh God! I have just found this new version, and I'm amazed.

Two weeks ago I was playing the previous version of this mod, and since it was tamed for me I was whising for a new version to appear.

It seems this time I wished hard enough! XDDD

I can't express how much fun was the previous mod for me and my friends, not only because of the setting and strategy, but also because the "easter eggs" and pop-culture references. Up until today is one of my favorite games, period.

This new version has arrived like a Christmas Miracle itself!

Thank you gentlemen, for all your effort and dedication.
And merry Christmas!:D

Can they paradrop into barricades? After I get the ability to build them and have rebuilt all the roads I tend to go barricade-crazy, at least to bog down the faster zombies and make bombing runs and drivebys easier.
Takhisis... Yes, If they are unoccupied.

Nowell... Even the more corrupted Buildings will produce well as you improve them and increase the Population. The Wild Boar Inn is indeed well worth keeping. Read the Civilopedia about Booze Imports.
...Personally, I find All Buildings worth Keeping and I never Raze any of them. Having Many Buildings allows the player to Choose what Buildings they want to place producing Supplies for example. This is not to mention the Key Locations that many can or do have that provide more power and better position for the Faction that Owns them.

***As I have mentioned, many players will exploit what ever is possible for their own reasons and if that is what they want to do, that is their decision. One example is shooting out Roads. That is not a desirable or realistic game factor but because there are Shooting Units, any of them can shoot out Roads even though this would not be possible in reality with most of the weapons used. That said, IF a player shoots out roads, it will not destroy the Zombie Building connections or prevent them from having the Zombie Goo Resource that is needed for stronger Units. That and when the Building is captured, the player would have to Repair the Roads they shot out.

There were a few factors I could not change in the game due to Hard Coded programing but I managed to work around most undesirable factors. Shooting Out Roads with Minor Weapons was one factor I could not eliminate but I did limit the end results of doing so.

I provided all Factions with invisible Units they can certainly use effectively against the Zombies when handled correctly. Champions are Very Much Needed and players who understand how to gain them will fair far better in their games. Voyagers, Cruisers, Snipers, Military Units and all Special Units are there for the Player to gain and use as they like.

It was my intention to create this game with enough factors that they would accommodate and allow players the ability to play their Own Strategies in their Own Way, so whether a player especially enjoys playing a particular Faction or wants to shoot out Roads or Raze Buildings, Personal Game Play is naturally the Players Decision.

Thank You All for your kind words and what I am seeing as a vote of approval... That is a Great Christmas Gift and means more than I can say.

Top Bottom