9 Most Wanted Civs Post BNW

Hittites, separate Greek city-states, Judea(a Jewish civ), Prussia, Parthia, Holy Roman Empire, and to play as barbarians!

USSR with Lenin and Katyushas
Transylvania with Vlad the Impaler
Yugoslavia with Tito and Non-aligned movement UA
Israel with David
Illirya with queen Teuta
Franks with Charlemaigne
Armenia as first caucasus state, first to adopt christianity, before Rome and Constantine

Pick any from my sig, I'd like to see any represented.

Most to least wanted (I still want them all very badly!)
1. Olmec
2. Nepal
3. Sudan
4. South Africa
5. Vietnam
6. Hungaria
7. Nigeria
8. Split india!
9. Congo

Ancient:
- Hittites (warmonger/science civ)
- The Inuits (food bonus civ, can thrive in snowy areas considered hostile for other civs)

Classical:
- Thrace (warmonger/religious/cultural civ)
- Macedonians (Move Alexander to Macedonia and make Pericles as leader of Greece. Warmonger UA that provides reduced unhappiness penalties in captured cities)

Medieval:
- Teutonic Order (warmonger/religious civ)
- Switzerland

Modern:
- Australia (wide bonus civ, golden age boosts production further)
- Canada (diplomatic civ, additional influence gained from CS quests)
- Mexico

I truly do not see how this idea of Australia and Canada is being entertained, they are both new civs that havn't done anything signifficant or of note and both only got independence just before WW2 so neither of them are even a century old. Not to mention Queen Elizabeth II is officially still head of state of them both and the Australian flag still has the Union Jack on it.

I think Haiti would be cool, probably with Toussaint L'ouverture as a leader, but I feel their likely UA (but not building or unit) is covered by Ethopia - they fought off several large empires.

I truly do not see how this idea of Australia and Canada is being entertained, they are both new civs that havn't done anything signifficant or of note and both only got independence just before WW2 so neither of them are even a century old. Not to mention Queen Elizabeth II is officially still head of state of them both and the Australian flag still has the Union Jack on it.

It's quite simple really: Many Civ players are Canadians who don't like to admit that they function as little more than Cold America and Australia is required to fill a space on an unofficial map that Firaxis had no part in creating. :crazyeye:

Ryukyu Kingdom led by Sho Hashi or Sho En

UA: "Great Days of Chuzan" sea trade routes double :c5gold: gold and :c5science: science; unit maintenance increased 25%

UB or UI: Gusuku (replaces castle or fort) +3 :c5food: food

UU: Pechin (replaces pikeman) bonus vs. melee units, not mounted

SPARTAAAAAAA

UA: Double unit maintenance cost and twice the production cost, but double strenght for all units.

UB: The well. Defensive building that can be used to trap enemies. Includes kicking animation.
LOL me gusta :goodjob:

This only matters if you think we should only have civs who 'deserve' to be in the game, or something. Australia isn't at the top of my wishlist, but I'd quite like to see them in the game, just for the sheer stupendousness of a Menzies, Curtin or Deakin led raging horde of horsemen.

Looks like someone's got 9 Most Wanted Broken Bones, too :trouble:

But yeah, I'd say my nine would be Sumer, Hittites, Israel, Kongo, Kilwa, Sioux, Gran Colombia, the Phoenicians, and the Khmer. In no particular order.

Serbia (Never gonna happen)

But on the 9 civs:
Hungary
Bulgaria
Sumers
Kazakh Khanate
Kongo
Mali
Mexico
Apache
Gran Colombia

I've been campaigning the Haida for quite a while. They have totem poles, and giant, ocean-going, whale hunting canoes, among other things. Plus, some representation for the west coast. They could probably do some cool stuff with great works.

I truly do not see how this idea of the Shoshone is being entertained, in the scheme of things, they are a relatively new civ that hasn't done anything significant or of note and both was never really a country - they didn't even play a role in WW2. Not to mention they were overtaken by the US government who now owns all of their lands and there were never really more than 12,000 Shoshone people historically...

I truly do not see how this idea of the Zulu is being entertained, in the scheme of things, they are a relatively new civ that hasn't done anything significant or of note and both was never really a country - they didn't even play a role in WW2....

I truly do not see how this idea of Polynesa is being entertained, in the scheme of things, they are a relatively new civ...

I truly do not see how this idea of Brazil is being entertained...

=====

Civ V is all about hypotheticals, worldbuilding and ludicrousity. Civilizations like Venice, the Maya, the Iroquois or any of the aforementioned civs didn't really a contribute amazingly vast amount to Global society, but they are there anyway for flavor and unique playstyles. The Polish never invaded Mogadishu or built the CN Tower, the Dutch never conquered China and razed half their cities and the Aztecs sure as hell didn't nuke the Babylonians because they disliked their Communist ideals. Australia and Canada can offer and provide unique and interesting gameplay experiences and would subsequently make quite a bit of money if Firaxis were to include them.

To say that Australia/Canada shouldn't be included because of the reasons you mentioned is pretty darn stupid and has been discussed to death a million-bajillion times.

On topic though, top 9 civs:

Hittite Empire
Australian Commonwealth
Canadian Dominion
Mughal Empire
Argentine Republic
Kingdom of Kongo
Olmec Peoples
Indus Valley/Harappa Civilization
Nepalese Empire

You asked for 9, but IMO it's only crying out for

Vietnam
Tibet
Uighur or Gokturks
Hittites

The following could be thrown in, we've established we can't have the Pueblo and I feel Mesopotamia is crowded enough without Sumer:

Tamil, Chola or similar
Hebrews
Hausa / Yoruba / Ashanti / Kongo or something from West Africa
Gran Columbia or similar
Chimu or similar

Top Bottom