Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Hi

Is it possible to update a mod insida a combination of mods?

Like K-art includes K-mod 1.41, blue marple etc. How could I just update the K-mod to version 1.42 and play the K-art mod? Could it be simple enough for a newbie to do...
It isn't that simple. You would need to merge all of the different files from the new version K-Mod into the K-Art mod. To do the C++ files necessary, you would need a copy of one of the versions of Visual Studio Express (available for free) in order to compile it, and a working knowledge of C++. Then there is the Python and XML that has to be merged.

You might be able to just copy the CvGameCoreDLL over the old one and then merge the Python and XML after that. It might work.

My advice is to start smaller, and learn how to tweak the game slightly by making small changes to some of the code. Once you're comfortable making small changes, find a small mod component that you like and merge it into the base game. That's how you learn to mod.

You could also hang around the Creation and Customization forums for some good tips on modding. You can also ask a lot of your modding questions there. :)

How do I turn of tech trading for my vassals?

So that they don't trade that tech I just gave them to prepare them for war, to the enemy I plan on declaring war on :rolleyes:

You can include a "Stop Trading with . . . " in your tech trade with your vassal. You give them the tech and in return they stop trading with your target. You probably want to do this shortly before the war so that it doesn't wear off before you DoW the target.

It induces a "I refuse to talk to you" for a while, at least when I accept an embargo offer it does, it may be a player-specific thing.
So theoretically, the enemy wouldn't talk to your vassal

^--- That was my thinking.

In addition it makes them like your vassal less and therefore decreases the chances of tech trades between the two, but there are no guarantees. There is no way to just turn off tech trading only for your vassals.

The leadership promotion offered thru a great general provides 100% XP from combat. My question is does that apply to the single unit or the entire stack of units lead with a great general?

Hi civ fanatics,
my question is about the order of building profitable buildings. If i build a market, i get +25% gold from income. is that right?
then if i build a bank, i get +50% income. Does the extra 25% i get from the market included in the +50% i get from the bank? or do they each work off the same base income separately?

also, how can you see what civics other civs have at the current time?
(i'm using vanillla)

cheers

Hi civ fanatics,
my question is about the order of building profitable buildings. If i build a market, i get +25% gold from income. is that right?
then if i build a bank, i get +50% income. Does the extra 25% i get from the market included in the +50% i get from the bank? or do they each work off the same base income separately?
The bonus works only on the base value, and they are additive. So with a market and a bank you get +75% to gold regardless of which order you built them in. The same applies to all buildings.
also, how can you see what civics other civs have at the current time?
(i'm using vanillla)
I don't have access to vanilla right now but IIRC the AIs civics are shown above their picture when you contact them (mouseover the icons), and one of the advisor screens shows an overview of all AIs civics. (One of the tabs under the foreign advisor I believe.

Yep cool found the AI's civics above their images, thank you!

Another question:

In city screen, under 'Trade Routes', i currently only see two cities in that section for each city (if that makes sense). I believe i have roads that connect to all my cities, and most of my cities have the trade route icon. Is there a way to increase the number of trade routes per city? or is the limit two?

Yep cool found the AI's civics above their images, thank you!

Another question:

In city screen, under 'Trade Routes', i currently only see two cities in that section for each city (if that makes sense). I believe i have roads that connect to all my cities, and most of my cities have the trade route icon. Is there a way to increase the number of trade routes per city? or is the limit two?
The limit starts at 1, i'm assuming you had Currency already as that adds 1 route to the limit.
Having The Great Lighthouse adds 2 potential routes to coastal cities before it obsoletes, and a bunch of other techs (corporation? Not sure if this tech is in vanilla!), civics (free market?) and buildings increase the route count through the game. There's also a UN resolution that adds a further one.

By games end you will usually have 5+ routes in your cities. 8 is the absolute most you can get in BTS, but I don't know if vanilla is the same.

why do some of the AIs not have any resources to trade when i do? I have astronomy so i should be able to trade resources with them right? (they are overseas).

here is a screenshot of the trade-screen...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 2.59.21 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 2.59.21 AM.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 60
or do both parties need astronomy in order trade?

why do some of the AIs not have any resources to trade when i do? I have astronomy so i should be able to trade resources with them right? (they are overseas).

here is a screenshot of the trade-screen...

Only one party needs astronomy. They just have no surplus resources.

got it. thank you :)

In vanilla, the trade screen will not show AI resources that you already have access to. In BtS, the trade screen shows these but except for vassals or corporation resources (when you have the appropriate corp), they will be red with the hover-over message "You must be joking!"

Top Bottom