RFC & RAND ModMod Request Thread

ZachScape

King
Hello,
I was planning on making a thread just for my requests, but with the huge ModMods in this thread, the place is getting a bit hectic. So I'm making a generic thread, where requests go into one place, and everyone is happy. Anybody can post a request here.

And here are mine:
*Now note, now some of these aren't really realistic

-New Conquerors Units for the Conquerors events. These can be replacements for Pikemen and Knights, but having the same strength as them/ lower set values then expected.

-New Wonder: Sydney Opera House: Negates City Distance Stability Penalty for all cities on the Continent (continent other than where capital is located)

-Statue of Liberty: Small fix, can only be built on coastal city, appears on coast

-(RAND ONLY) Korean Civilization: This doesn't even have to be a big fix. There just doesn't seem to be enough Asian civs, especially with Khmer usually spawning a world a way.

EDIT: PRINCE POST!

Well that makes more sense, but I just want more ocean side wonders. We only have 2 from the same era and that bugs me.

I thought I had made a no stability mod. Did I not, or did you not find it?

Or you found it and it did not seem to work. The mod-mod that I made still computed stability, it just never made any difference for anything in the game (no collapse/independence).

-Statue of Liberty: Small fix, can only be built on coastal city, appears on coast

why is it a fix ? It was constructed in France, deassembled for transport, and reassembled where it is now. But it could have been (almost) anywhere else. There are other smaller statues of liberty accross the world which are not in a coastal city.

@3Miro: I put them there because they are request threads. Just as examples and for organization's sake.

@OneDreamer: Not really a fix, but an edit. Maybe, a modder (not just for RFC) could design the SoL to be built anywhere, but when it is built on a coastal city it appears on water. I can wait for all these (as I don't expect half), so it's no big deal.

yeah that would be cool. I guess though that it could be in the XML, maybe just looking at the options for the Colossus and copying them could do the trick.

I'd like to request a no stability mod similar to 3Miro's for RAND. I tried to simply put 3Miro's into RAND but it didn't work quite right.

stability maps are different in RAND since there is not a fixed map.

I don't want a change to the stability maps in RAND, I just want a mod that disables stability from being able to collapse nations. Would this be possible to do in RAND, or is it really that difficult?

I got an idea:
Less but larger empires

Description:
When a civ collapses or loses cities due to instability, the civ's cities will have higher chance of becoming other civs' own, rather than becoming independents.

Why it might be good and how it might work:
(1) More dynamic changes in civs' territories. AI Rome might be able to control it's historical territory if other civs near Rome has collapsed (possibly due to Roman invasion), and China might be able to get its lands back when Mongolia collapsed.
(2) Bigger and more dangerous wars. Larger empires can hold more soldiers, and an AI player might be able to really scare human players. Imagine your neighbor Germany is controlling most of Europe, holding tons of nukes, and furious with you.
(3) More AI territory expansion in general. Currently, England or Netherlands almost never controls India, while they might (rarely) build a city near there. How about letting Indian cities become theirs if India collapses and if they have a city near there.

Potential issues:
1) Players might get unwanted cities.
2) Some non-expansive AIs might collapse by getting too many cities.

Maybe I can code by myself, if someone can tell me which files to change and if no changes to the DLL is necessary.

Top Bottom