Complete list of Steam Achievements

I just checked my achievements and I have one for using a mod. Only, I do not have any mods.. Very strange

I just checked my achievements and I have one for using a mod. Only, I do not have any mods.. Very strange

I got that achievement for doing a tutorial mission... but whatever. It's mine!

I love those achievement lists that have humor. It's WAY better than: "Gain the Game.", "Domination" and "Culture". :lol:

Discovered something useful to help track progress on those longer marathon type achievements.

Edit \My Docs\My Games\SM Civ V\config.ini and set: LoggingEnabled = 1

Now the game will start updating this log file: \My Docs\My Games\SM Civ V\Logs\achievements_debug.log

That file contains a list of stats that track things like # roads built, # temples built, build counts for each unit, each wonder, etc.

Discovered something useful to help track progress on those longer marathon type achievements.

Edit \My Docs\My Games\SM Civ V\config.ini and set: LoggingEnabled = 1

Now the game will start updating this log file: \My Docs\My Games\SM Civ V\Logs\achievements_debug.log

That file contains a list of stats that track things like # roads built, # temples built, build counts for each unit, each wonder, etc.

This is so helpful! Thanks!

This is so helpful! Thanks!

I've been wanting access to these stats since I first saw the list of achievements :) When I found that log file a few days ago, I started hunting around for a way to get it to update. Dreamer over on the 2k forums posted a reply to me that his was updating, and we isolated it to this setting.

One thing I've noticed with that log file is that it's contents only update when the game first loads even though the file's timestamp will show the time you exited the game.

Basically, if you exit the game and look at the log it won't include any stats accumulated during your last session. You have to launch the game again, then quit to desktop right away to have it include stats from your last session.

About the achievement that asks you to build every unit possible, apart from unique units, anybody knows if you have to build the same unit with every civilization (egyptian horseman, japanese horseman, etc) or just once?

About the achievement that asks you to build every unit possible, apart from unique units, anybody knows if you have to build the same unit with every civilization (egyptian horseman, japanese horseman, etc) or just once?

The log file mentioned above tracks each basic unit type and each unique unit. So the answer seems to be that no, you don't need to build basic units with each civ.

However, like others on the hidden achievement thread, I have been unable to get credit for building any Lancer units (Sipahi is credited) so I can't confirm what needs to be done to get the Model of a Modern Major-General achievement.

EDIT: Some quick testing revealed the following:
- Building or buying a unique both give credit.
- Upgrading does not count.
- You can quit immediately after the unit is completed to get credit, you do not need to end turn or save.
- Mods, at least some of them, do not stop you getting credit.

I think it's funny that more people have got the achievement for playing with a mod than have gotten the achievement for downloading a mod.

I think it's funny that more people have got the achievement for playing with a mod than have gotten the achievement for downloading a mod.

Heh, I'm almost certain that the tutorial counts as a mod for achievement purposes. It shows up in WorldBuilder as a mod. Unfortunately I can't test this since I've already gotten credit on my Steam account.

Heh, I'm almost certain that the tutorial counts as a mod for achievement purposes. It shows up in WorldBuilder as a mod. Unfortunately I can't test this since I've already gotten credit on my Steam account.

I can confirm since I didn't have the achievement. I started up the tutorial and instantly got it.

There's a myth about Catherine the Great and her, um, love of horses and the manner in which she died.

In case it's not obvious, the very next thing I did was set out to win this award.

Is anyone else experiencing lag between 'achieving' these awards and their showing up on the Community tab. Could just be my shoddy internet connection, though. Dropouts every 15 minutes ahoy!

Must be my connection, my most recent one is Experementer for using a mod. Or maybe that negates me winning Give Peace a Chance or Bollywood in my Australia map game.

Anyone achieved this? My path around the world seems not to have worked.

A connected loop.. I'm wondering if this requires not only exploring the entire map, but also getting lucky and having a map where there is a single "row" of hexes straight across without any non-ocean tile.

Then.. do you have to have a ship take that entire straight path?

Top Bottom