Evil Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
...lolwut?

There have been some very corrupt US Presidents. Harding comes to mind. However, Jackson and Wilson outpace the rest of that list pretty damn heavily and even those examples could be considered morally gray, not evil.

Saying "Nixon is most evil!!!oneoneone" shows a very narrow-view of history. There are few "evil" leaders in the world. Does Mao Zedong or Stalin really compare to the Black Pajama Party of Cambodia or Hitler? No, they don't. Not in the slightest.

Mao Zedong has killed many more people than Hitler. So actully he should be considered more "evil."

...lolwut?

There have been some very corrupt US Presidents. Harding comes to mind. However, Jackson and Wilson outpace the rest of that list pretty damn heavily and even those examples could be considered morally gray, not evil.

Saying "Nixon is most evil!!!oneoneone" shows a very narrow-view of history. There are few "evil" leaders in the world. Does Mao Zedong or Stalin really compare to the Black Pajama Party of Cambodia or Hitler? No, they don't. Not in the slightest.

Yes, they do. Mao Zedong (as previously mentioned) killed far more people and destroyed many more lives than Hitler could have hoped. He regularly engaged in what was essentially massacre and put hundreds of millions into unending famine. Keep in mind, these were his own people.

Stalin isn't much better either. He also killed many more than Hitler over the decades he controlled the soviets. He also committed acts of genocide far greater than Hitler's genocide over the Jews; an example is the genocide in the Ukraine, where there were potentially 8 million casualties alone. Not to mention his complete subjugation of both his own people as well as many other states that could do nothing to stop him.

At least Hitler cared for his own and didn't slaughter them. Most casualties in WWII were because of the USSR indiscriminately sending in soldiers to die. Maybe you shouldn't be labeling what is or isn't "narrow-minded". You might not be too far from that yourself.

In any case,
I dont think this is a good idea. Few leaders should be labeled as "evil" and fewer should be labeled as "good". For America we might have Washington/Lincoln/FDR, but in Russia they never had a leader that wasn't autocratic (the closest was Catherine). The same applies to Germany, which has no post-WWII leaders that are popularly recognizable. This also applies to many other civs.

-Deleted. I missed the moderator warning-

Sorry. I guess we can agree to disagree here, Sonoreal. It comes down to a matter of what is moral and what is not; if we think that the ends are what is evil, then I would be correct. Under your argument, it is rather the means that are the determining factor. There can be no end to this argument as a result.

As for gameplay, I think that it would make the game far more stale. You would end up with each civ having one "nice" leader and one "warmonger" leader. So basically everyone would end up having one Gandhi and one Alexander. There are also other questions given civ5's mechanics. Would each new leader have its own UA, or would it just be an AI personality change? There are no leader traits like civ4, so the only way to differentiate it for humans would be to double the number of UAs... which might be troublesome.

Why not just get rid of leaders? Creating leaderheads is a waste of resources when people are perfectly fine with still images or, better yet, dealing with Germany and America as opposed to dealing with Bismark and the United States. The resources are better spent on another things, like improving AI.

George W Bush, before the invasion to Iraq, he secretly visit and talk to the Mongolian tribe, probably he ask how Hulagu able to Genocide baghdad and force the Abbassid King to eat gold, and his prince to eat his own body till death. And Bush nearly do exactly that.

Hitler (I never see Hitler as leader in all civ game, is it because the ESRB?)

Caligula (Rome) or Nero The Fallen Poet :D

Dracula (son of Draco) the Impaler (impaling his own citizen, also many hungarian-the one who give back his power, also thousands of the Ottoman solider) Romania/Wallachia

Soeharto (Indonesia) massive killer

Assad (Syria) also sado genocide lover

about Nixon, my argument about him I will present it with these line : he is really nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere land, making up his nowhere plan, for nobody, doesn't have a point of view, know not where his going to. :p cheers!

If you add Hitler to the game, you can't sell the game in Germany.

Moderator Action: There are no signs that this thread is going to go anywhere remotely positive. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom