World leader delegate calculation?

Standard game settings:

It's 32 if everything's in the game. Each city state that gets removed is -1.
Assuming you are host on a standard game, you have 6. Each CS has 2. There are 16 CS to start. There are 38 votes on the table. If you own all CSs, then each CS removed from the game is -1 to you (since it's -2, but your requirement for victory is also -1). Therefore, only when 7 CS out of 16 are taken out of the game (or 5 if you are not the final host) will you actually need to do anything else like Globalization or Forbidden Palace or World Religion/Ideology to win the game.

This is why it's stupidly easy to win Diplo on all difficulty levels, unless you happen to have at least one of Greece/Siam/Sweden, and at least one of Austria/Venice/Mongolia/Songhai/Aztec.

So something like

#original cs+ # current cs?

Obviously its
X + # current cs (due to the effect of removing a cs)

The question is how X depends on
Original CS
Original civs
Current civs

Because other civs will vote for you if you liberate them.

I heard they vote for you if you liberate their capitol. Not necessarily bring them back from the dead. Can anyone confirm this?

This might open up the tactic of razing all of the AIs cities leaving only their capitol to be taken by the pointiest stick AI that you should leave alone. If they take the capitol and you liberate them later you get their vote. But it is never necessary to go that far since votes are pretty easy to come by and that the challenge comes from the technological race and being able to buy all the city states.

But the original question remains, where does that number of necessary delegates comes from? Is it a fixed number from size of map and number of CS? Can anyone look into civ's files and see if it's a formulae or fixed number?

Only recalling a civ to life gets you their core votes for world leader. You also get 2 votes for every world leader attempt that you were either first or second in. This continues until a victory condition is met. I once had 50 votes before I won, with only 39 needed, and I was using my spys in CS.
As mentioned earlier when a Cs gets taken out the requirement goes down by 1, but you loose a potential 2 votes.

Thanks, but the question is not where you get your votes from, but what makes the minimal number of votes?

For instance on standard maps and normal speed, you need 39-40 votes to win, it would be interesting to know if this is a hard coded number for each map size, or if it is calculated from number of AIs and CSs.

Standard game settings:

It's 32 if everything's in the game. Each city state that gets removed is -1.
Assuming you are host on a standard game, you have 6. Each CS has 2. There are 16 CS to start. There are 38 votes on the table. If you own all CSs, then each CS removed from the game is -1 to you (since it's -2, but your requirement for victory is also -1). Therefore, only when 7 CS out of 16 are taken out of the game (or 5 if you are not the final host) will you actually need to do anything else like Globalization or Forbidden Palace or World Religion/Ideology to win the game.

This is why it's stupidly easy to win Diplo on all difficulty levels, unless you happen to have at least one of Greece/Siam/Sweden, and at least one of Austria/Venice/Mongolia/Songhai/Aztec.

As mentioned by others and how I remember it myself, 32 is pretty low (usually around 39-40), are you sure everything was standard? Or was a there a patch that upped the minimum number?

The number of Delegates to win should be in the victory progress screen and should be there since Ancient, and it says 40 right there. Same story with starting in Atomic. Everything standard (8 Civ, 16 CS, Standard Size, Standard Speed)

What, does Steam not update its game automatically?

It says 40, and in a previous game i eliminated all AIs but one and it said 39.

Top Bottom