Why aren't there any screenshots of Civ1 on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultraworld

Emperor
Why aren't there any screenshots of Civ1 on this site?
Civ2 and especially Civ3 have lots of them.

What would you want them for?

Most people on this site come for civ 2 or 3. That's also the reason there's only 1 civ1 forum and more civ2 and civ3 fora.
I think there should be some Civ 1 screenshots of course, it's the game that started it all!

Perhaps Ultraworld or any other people that feel strongly about it should create them and post them to Thunderfall.

Originally posted by addiv
Most people on this site come for civ 2 or 3. That's also the reason there's only 1 civ1 forum and more civ2 and civ3 fora.
I think there should be some Civ 1 screenshots of course, it's the game that started it all!

Yes. And to make it complete of course.

First, this really isn't the place to ask the question of "why aren't there any?" The applicable forum for such a question would be "Site Feedback" and a better suggestion would probably be to simply ask TF.

That said, there are some shrunken screenshots at http://www.civfanatics.com/civ1.shtml and other bits and pieces of screens throughout the civ1 section of the main site. There are also screenshots in several threads in this forum (e.g. the SG, the one about extracting graphics, and the one about unhappy people just to name a few.) Frankly, I don't think there's any great need for civ1 screens, but if you want there to be more, follow stormerne's advice: Make some yourself and petition TF for someplace to put them.

And this gets back to my original point (which I was told was apparently not the question)...

Let's suppose we discussed here and now what would make up a set of Civ1 screenshots that would have its own part of this website. What would you put on there? Diplomacy screens? Your personal favourite battle array? Overview maps? Civilopaedia screens? Showoff pictures of your biggest ever city? ...

You see you can't answer this question unless you know what the screens were to be used for. What you choose would need to be different depending on whether you want to try and sell the game, or get more posters to this forum, or illustrate battle tactics, or teach people the game basics, or show off a high score, or... the list is endless.

Well?

Originally posted by stormerne

Let's suppose we discussed here and now what would make up a set of Civ1 screenshots that would have its own part of this website. What would you put on there? Diplomacy screens? Your personal favourite battle array? Overview maps? Civilopaedia screens? Showoff pictures of your biggest ever city? ...

You see you can't answer this question unless you know what the screens were to be used for. What you choose would need to be different depending on whether you want to try and sell the game, or get more posters to this forum, or illustrate battle tactics, or teach people the game basics, or show off a high score, or... the list is endless.

Well?

argh . . . . . just like the screenshot-section from Civ3. Is it that difficult?

btw: I dont got civ1 so I want to see the screenshots. (if anyone ask WHY I want to see them I will give him a punch-in-the-face smiley)

See. It's easy to answer the question when you try! :)

God those screenshots are sooo cool! Is there a way that I could post a screen shot from an old mac? How would this be possible? I have so much juicy stuff I post on here!

Ummm...Ultraworld? How is it that you're asking for screenshots and then you post screenshots???
Covok--On PC's you can just press 'Print Scrn', but that doesn't help you much, does it?:rolleyes: So, you can get screenshot software off the net, but don't ask me where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom