Enhancing your religion super early

phillipwyllie

Wannabe Deity
I've been playing around with Spain and settling on the first NW I find(usually only 1) by rush buying a settler with the 500 gold you get. So far I've managed it on turn 50, using the "At one with nature" pantheon.
Has anyone managed to deny a civ a pantheon because you enhanced before they were able to pick a pantheon?
What do you guys think is the best NW for Spain? I now like Ularu.

Unless 5 religions are all founded, AI can still found their pantheon

I've been playing around with Spain and settling on the first NW I find(usually only 1) by rush buying a settler with the 500 gold you get. So far I've managed it on turn 50, using the "At one with nature" pantheon.
Has anyone managed to deny a civ a pantheon because you enhanced before they were able to pick a pantheon?
What do you guys think is the best NW for Spain? I now like Ularu.

#1: That's standard Spain tactics.

#2: AI does that to other AIs all the time *. But note that if not enough Pantheons have been founded to max out allowed number of religions that additional pantheons are still allowed.
* A bit less now with BNW due to Piety having increased speed of AI pantheon founding; but it still happens.

#3: Best BW for Spain is the same as it is for every other civ: Deep Sea Rift. (This natural wonder has 2 tiles) As Spain with One with Nature it's an instant I win button.

Here's a nice place for the GBR:
I settled it anyway

Attachments

• epicFail.jpg
    epicFail.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 359

#2: AI does that to other AIs all the time *. But note that if not enough Pantheons have been founded to max out allowed number of religions that additional pantheons are still allowed.
* A bit less now with BNW due to Piety having increased speed of AI pantheon founding; but it still happens.

#3: Best BW for Spain is the same as it is for every other civ: Deep Sea Rift. (This natural wonder has 2 tiles) As Spain with One with Nature it's an instant I win button.

That would be Great Barrier Reef.

Any Faith Mountain I also consider an I win button for Spain. You get One with Nature in a few turns and then you have 16-24 Faith per turn, gets you the first religion and enhancement, and then you can start spamming religious buildings.

Top Bottom