Getting other civilizations to like each other?

Negativebeef

Chieftain
Right now I'm allied to two difference civilization that seems to hate each other (even gone to war in the past). Is there anyway to get these two other civs to like each other? I'm a total noob btw.

Usually people try to make them hate each other.. If they like each other it is more lickly they will gung bang YOU!

Get them to hate a third AI. unite them with a common enemy.

As mutineer said, this is usually you, so watch out :)

Its a fair question because they resent that you have a DOF with the other. Getting all three of you in a war with a fourth civ can help, but this something I have not mastered. Usually I eventually end up in a war against one of my two friends. The close one if I think I can beat them up, the further away one if my neighbor is too strong. I consider it a success if I avoid denouncing or DOWing while a DOF is current.

Okay I just paid the two civs that hate each other to go to war against another civ. They now still hate each other :(.

Even it they dont DOW you, one or the other is likely to ask you to denounce the other. That's a lose.lose. If you don't, you lose the first one - he denounces you. if you do, you backstabbed your friend.

To add to what the other's have already posted.

In my experience (Whatever it may be worth) it's next to impossible to get 2 bitter enemies to make nice and have a tea party. :p

Even if you decide to declare war on both of them and give them a pounding,they're not likely to cease hostilies with each other (If at war,which seems to be the case more often than not for me) or stop denouncing each other and actually,you know,become friends and unite against you.

Okay I just paid the two civs that hate each other to go to war against another civ. They now still hate each other.

Yes, but while at War, they will be unlikely to escalate with each other or you.

Even it they dont DOW you, one or the other is likely to ask you to denounce the other. That's a lose.lose. If you don't, you lose the first one - he denounces you. if you do, you backstabbed your friend.

Yes, it is this denounce request is what you are trying to avoid/post-pone/minimize. See this current thread, Friend, I have a serious matter to discuss...

Send them units to stop the beefing. Are both of the3 civilizations in your side?

Top Bottom