Weird good starts

traius

His own worst enemy
I just totally had one. I saw 4 furs and I was like, "Well, this is a crappy tundra start..." when I realized that all the furs were actually forested plains, as was a deer, and I actually had hunting. I had 2 crabs and no fishing which wasn\t so great, but all in all, I had 4 food resources (plains sheep, plains deer, 2x coastal crab) and 4 commerce tiles (4x forested plains fur) and 5 other forests (and the blank spot was horse, lol). It turned out to be so good I am almost just going to quit the game (got GLH, and was able to backfill everything when I hit alphabet, which I self-teched despite playing immortal just because I could). I am already the run -away civ at 1100 BC....
Anyone else have such a good start recently they have no urge to finish the game?

Fishing's not that expensive. I'll often tech it first if I have seafood.

5 grassland gems once, some riverside. I quit it didnt feelt fair. A game is not fun anymore if you know you will win. I need to feel threatened to enjoy it otherwise its just a long chore clearing the AIs cities. It would be very interesting to get a superstart on Deity though.

Top Bottom