Build/tech and other times for a quick speed game

BeardedLeftie68

Chieftain
Hey all,

Is there anyway of knowing how to calculate turns on quick speed into their standard equivalents?

I understand there is a 25% (?) reduction in build time but how does this map out in comparison to standard speed?

Example I want all my cities up and running by turn 100 with NC going before turn 110.. How does that equate on quick speed....?

I just started playing multipayer with a mate and I feel lost apart from the odd historical reference :lol:

For quick speed, most things (but certainly not all) are adjusted by 2/3 vs. standard, so a rough estimate would be turn 90 on standard =~ turn 60 on quick. But not everything scales by 2/3 (e.g., trades are 25 turns, rather than standard's 30 turns), and that 2/3 scaling ignores the fact that unit movement is unaffected by game speed, so the time it takes your worker to get to the next tile to be improved is still 1 movement point per tile per turn. Same goes for combat (movement and damage per turn is unchanged), so it should take longer (on a 2/3 comparative basis) for domination on quick than on an equivalent map at standard speed.

Top Bottom