End of Empires - N3S III

If this is starting up, should we be sending orders or some-such?

Seriously, read. It's not that hard and you will need it here.

A nation that is some wear in the upper middle of established and the climate can be anything but desert and the type can be either military or mercantile

Hanakahi, Tars, Farea, or Cotisi might fit the bill. Descriptions for all of them should still be on the first page.

I wouldn't mind being the barbarian tribe that razes Ateuma to the ground. After that, I'd like to design a new civilization, this time in collaboration with the mod so that I can get more preferable results.

Sure thing. Might as well start collaborating now; send me a PM with your thoughts (or IM me or summat).

Sorry, North King, let me see if I can explain more accurately. The Confederation is east of Edemu, on the mainland, in the valley formed by the mountains to the east, next to the rivers, and the sea.

Well, there are no rivers on the eastern continent, only lakes. Are you sure you don't mean western?

BTW, Ederru, not Edemu.

I'm assuming this means that no one met me yet, but people would know where I was once they met me. Am I correct in my assumption?

More like you're on the verge of finding people.

EDIT: Have we learned iron shaping yet? Would be nice to know for future reference.

Yes, almost certainly.

Tentative interest in Kargan. What is their current religious makeup, by the way?

Aitahist. Kargan does have one of the best strategic positions ever; I'm surprised no one's done much with it before.

I'd like to take the Edo Sogo faction in the Krato rebellion. Could you match the names to the colors please NK, I don't know where any of the landmarks are :(

Yensai Brosli = Aquamarine/teal/blue-green
Buci Sogo = light "Papal" yellow
Cartu Coton = light green
Eso Sogo = not particularly harsh pink
Swenit Jiressa = ugly-colored (darker) green.

If you want an explanation for the factions you might want to read that section of the last update or ask Ninja.

If this is starting up, should we be sending orders or some-such?

There's a LOT of time before this physically restarts. I can't possibly mod this with my current courseload. :(

However, I am eager to start doing stuff with the update, so feel free to pester me with questions.

EDIT:

I don't remember what I was doing, but I still want to be in it. I'll probably retake something different, on the fringes, if you don't mind :)

Certainly. Let me know.

conehead234 said:
Because I had it

Had it being the operative statement :D

Well, this is all I have. Something slightly more...concrete would be good. :p

Subcorrect! Afterwards, I posted this:

das said:
To: High Prince Zetaxaras, Star Family Chief

Your gift of horses is accepted[1] and considered a sign of your piety. Therefore I forgive the past transgressions of your lineage and confirm you in the possession of the lands you have taken now. In sign of reciprocity of the peaceful intent, I send to you reciprocal gifts - crimson elephants, slaves and crafted things of copper and bronze.

Know, however, that though you are forgiven, your brothers in the north are not, for as they have sworn a blood oath against us, so we have sworn a blood oath against them and for their enemies. Their lives and property are forfeit.

And another thing - hear that all the Uggor[2], whether of the Moti Great Family or of the Krato, are under my protection. That was so before, and it is more so now for I declare it thus anew. Any attack on any of them is an attack upon me; see to it that you and yours do not commit it, and I shall not need to fight you again.

And a third thing - your people are renowned horse-warriors, and a terror of the battlefield, so all have heard and we also have seen. It is known to me that a warrior must fight, but is often in want of worthy and unshameful opponents. I tell you not to fight any of the Uggor; and I also would not ask you to fight your brethren in the north, for I understand that it would still be kinstrife. Instead, if you or any of your warriors are even in want of wars and enemies, I would offer any of your warriors a chance to serve as retainers in my own army and to fight against all my enemies but the Uggor and the Satar, in exchange for payment and share of the plunder, and would offer you yourself with your retainers an alliance against any of my enemies but the Uggor and the Satar in exchange for a share of the plunder and assistance against any of your enemies that are not Uggor or Satar. Thus we shall reconcile past differences through shared combat and shared enemies, and shall destroy any that dare oppose us.

---

[1] This was a major faux pass on Zetaxaras' part and a clever underhanded political maneuver on the part of Fourth-Gaci, or rather his advisers. It resulted in a major falling out between the Horse Family (who thought, quite correctly, that they were the only ones who were supposed to receive horses as gifts, or at least had the right to receive them first and then pass most of them on to the Chief-of-Chiefs) and the Elephant Family (who thought, quite correctly, that the supreme ruler of all families had the right to take any goods that are sent to any of the families), though ultimately any immediate harm was avoided.

[2] Fun fact: rebels and outlaws are not Uggor as used in this message, unless forgiven and accepted back into an Uggor family. The Horse Family are Uggor now, but weren't before they worked out a new arrangement and became a family in their own right.

Huh. Thanks. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: And now I will.

To: Fourth-Gaci, Chief-of-Chiefs of the Moti

Though we are saddened by your decision to make further war on the Satar of the North, as it seems to have brought you only sorrow, we understand, as we too have our differences with them, among them the presence of the usurper Macrinus on the Throne of Atraxes.

We recognize your position as protector of all the Uggor, whether they be the great Moti or the pitiful Kratoans. No longer shall we scythe their impotent warriors before us like sheaves of wheat, or plunder their ill-defended cities as we did in the days of old. For, to do such a thing would bring your terrible wrath, something we wish to avoid. However, we do wish for your recognition of our eternal control over Triad, a city which, we are told, was once ruled by Kratoans, but has now fallen into our hands. We wish for this to be a place where we might trade with the peoples of the south.

Know this, if ever an enemy that is not Uggor or Satar emerges which you are incapable of defeating alone, call upon the Fourth Redeemer and he shall honor your request as a friend and equal, as between Atraxes and Third-Gaci when they were young.

North King, I figure that Arelgonian nations exist around here (dark green coloring I added being all nations of the Confederation of Arelgon)

http://img405.imageshack.us/i/year11political.png/

I would wrap image tags around it, but that doesn't seem to work. That should give you the link to the edited map showing the location

Has the list on the front been updated for unclaimed nations?

North King, I figure that Arelgonian nations exist around here (dark green coloring I added being all nations of the Confederation of Arelgon)

I would wrap image tags around it, but that doesn't seem to work. That should give you the link to the edited map showing the location

Judging from the past, you might want to lower your expectations of how much land you'll start out with.

All right. Just keep in mind that you seem to be misreading the map; there are no (major) rivers near there. It is a pleasant country of dark forests, moorlands, and mist, though.

Has the list on the front been updated for unclaimed nations?

Probably not, but I'll let you know if you accidentally claim something that's already taken...

I'll try the Hanakahi unless there is something that really needs a player.

Judging from the past, you might want to lower your expectations of how much land you'll start out with.

The country I'm planning on running, Wessarin, only takes up a part of that land. That's just in the general area of where I'd like to start out. :)

Top Bottom