Things That Defy Logic

A privateer sank my merchantman in the tile next to my port, then sailed into my port to repair and sell cargo.

But wouldn't it be quite strange that you could only sell goods to those private traders after building a bigger warehouse ?
Yeah, can't explain that one so much.
In regards to the indians becoming effectively white once they learn a profession, perhaps that represents them being assimilated into society?
I dunno.

Yeah, can't explain that one so much.
In regards to the indians becoming effectively white once they learn a profession, perhaps that represents them being assimilated into society?
I dunno.

Yes, but that they become white after training in an Indian village is just silly.

Really, it'd be good if you would maybe allow indian converts to train in native villages, but have them as a new unit "Indian Convert Farmer", which can't carry muskets, but still gets all the benefits of a normal farmer (or tobacco planter or whatever).

There should still be a way to assimilate them into society. Maybe even if you put them in the school, after 5 turns, they turn into free colonists which could then go on to learn the normal schooling. Or have a FF (Louis Riel) to convert all natives into Free Colonists, or even giving the option to convert all converts to free colonists (ie. instead of the "clear specialty" button, you would have a "convert to colonist" button).

In the old game, didn't it take longer to sail from the Pacific than the Atlantic?

Ooooh, the mention of Louis Riel got me thinking, maybe some of the new colonists born in colonies with a high native population could be Metis, with smaller bonuses than full-blooded natives to working outdoors but no penalties to city work.

Maybe Louis Riel would just remove the penalty form working inside the colony and allow you to arm natives with muskets.

finally winning an independence victory after 1733 turns....yes it was a custom game
with no time limit and it took me 3 days...but i did it...ending year?? 2069....

finally winning an independence victory after 1733 turns....yes it was a custom game
with no time limit and it took me 3 days...but i did it...ending year?? 2069....

:lol:

If it were civ you could be using nukes on the king... but I suspect technology went on hold.

Wait, by 2069 you get to rule the country just as Global Warming really starts kicking our butts.

Wait, there's another thing. . .

I put a free colonist into the university. Rightly, his bill comes due after he has attended. (Makes sense, who pays for school ahead of time.) And, on graduation day, he gets to decide what his major was. Uhhhh. . . how does that work? I guess he does a lot of reading that day.

Top Bottom