Download link and version info

Version 1.01bts posted! Note that it's for 3.02, hasn't been tried with the little update Firaxis sent out yesterday. My bet is it still works, but it doesn't include any changes from that.

It should be considered beta, there may be bugs in pieces of code that don't fire frequently but it does properly settle barbcivs and launch revolutions :cool:

I'd be particularly interested to hear it those with CivGold have a smooth experience. I adjusted some pieces from the prior version so that they might now work for Golders, but I can't test it ... let me know.

Does this beta version include the fixes of Solvers unofficial patch?

A patched 34 civ DLL has been posted in the first post which fixes the mid-game crashing that's been reported ... many thanks to Markus_cz for his sleuthing! It includes Solver's unofficial patch as well. Simply replace the dll in your Revolution\Assets folder with that one. It should be save game compatible, but I haven't tested that, check the bug reports thread to see if others have had success.

Version 1.15 for BTS 3.03 or 3.02 released. First real BTS release, rebels now get espionage points and more spies. Also addressed balance issues with rebelliousness caused by enemy spy missions.

Many other improvements and changes to both Revolution and BarbarianCiv, see the fatty change list above.

As mentioned in another thread, a 3.13 version will be released sometime in the next week or so (once unofficial fixes for the issues settle down and seem reliable).

Enjoy.

NOTE: Known issues to be addressed:
- rebel player colors do not always come out properly, though all get unique colors
- players whose turns come after a new or reincarnated player get one extra turn just after spawn (usually just barbarians)

Is 1.15 savegame compatible?

Yes, it should be. The DLL is exactly the same as the prior version, and some of the new Python bits should notice the missing data structures and create them. Post if you have any difficulties.

That said, this is a vast improvement over the prior version, which wasn't well tied to BTS espionage systems, so if you're not engrossed by your existing game, I'd recommend starting a new one.

They will be folded in just fine and the game should proceed with all the new features working. It's more, I guess, that knowing how much has been tweaked, the prior Warlords-based version feels obsolete ... but really the mod will pick up from the current point and go forward with the new rules, so it's not really an issue.

I just had "Disorganized rebels" in the Middle Ages, 1.15 does not include more Civs?

Disorganized rebels will also show up if the rebellion doesn't have a lot of support. Typically would be one or two cities that are unhappy/starving but haven't gotten near the violent threshold yet. Does that fit?

Yeah that sounds like it. I was just surprised by the decrease in rebellions in general allthough it's a good thing :goodjob:

Still, I have found no Barbarians since initial settlement and now spamming my galleons all over the new world (Terra Map). Allthough that might just be a randomness about Barb-spawns it still feels pretty strange. The only barbs Ive seen now are camped on old Goodie Huts, they also still have only Archers, not even Axemen while the rest of the world got Longbowmen, Macemen and Knights. This means that less Civs spawn from them aswell. Know anything why this is?

My guess for the barb units is that they all spawned long ago in the new world and nobody killed them. New barb units can't spawn once there are a certain number of units already for the number of tiles not visible by anyone IIRC.

As for the barb cities, probably just luck of the draw ... they can often be quite large and even generate culture more frequently in BTS (now will build monuments sometimes). Barb units in cities will auto-upgrade when barbs can start producing a better defender.

Allright, I just found it odd. Don't think I've seen that many Warriors in Industrial age before.

Btw, I had the Barbs build Pyramids one time when playing warlords, that city had mega-culture :crazyeye:

Version 1.16 for BTS 3.13 posted!

Includes all of Bhuric's 1.07 SDK changes from the unofficial patch, plus his two python changes (one of which brings back the glance tab).

Also fixes the two bugs introduced in 1.15, now all civs should get their normal colors and no one gets an extra turn when a dead rebel respawns ...

Enjoy!

Kool stuff Jdog. 1.15 was really good! Really looking forward to try the new one.

Another thing, I got a random idea while playing.
In my current game, Ethiopia got a few cities in the New World but mr ZZ aint running them very well. They are both unhealthy and unhappy so I plan to liberate them from the opressor that he is! (I semi-roleplay to give myself more interesting objectives in the game.

Now, what if the citizens would remember how terrible their lives were under the Ethiopian opression and a part of the population actually welcomed me (or any other Civ) as a liberator. Just a random idea.

Version 1.16 for BTS 3.13 posted!

Includes all of Bhuric's 1.07 SDK changes from the unofficial patch, plus his two python changes (one of which brings back the glance tab).

Also fixes the two bugs introduced in 1.15, now all civs should get their normal colors and no one gets an extra turn when a dead rebel respawns ...

Enjoy!

Aaaaahhhh! Why couldn't I have gone home this weekend rather than last... (my laptop won't run civ, but my desktop at home will). Looking forward to thanksgiving when I'll have a whole week to play this mod.

Top Bottom