AoD2 Latest version: Download here!

In vanilla Advanced About it says:
Colonization Version 101
Build Version 1.0.0.1 (121000)

I am pretty sure that means the Firaxis patch was installed. Any other suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

This is what I have. Seems the same. Do the rest details match?

Attachments

• MyVersion.JPG
    MyVersion.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 276
Yes the rest of my details match yours exactly PrinzMyshkin.

1.08 worked fine on my computer and 1.09b crashes so something must be different in 1.09b.

Yeah Father, i'm agree with Prinz. I love my Henry Morgan to be played without 30 turns.
Please make it for me. And i won't DL it till Father tell me how to get rid of that suck patch includes on AOD2 1.08 which make me :cry:.

Edit: :gulp: sorry Father, didn't read the 1.09 changelog about Henry Morgan.

Yeah Father, i'm agree with Prinz. I love my Henry Morgan to be played without 30 turns.
Please make it for me. And i won't DL it till Father tell me how to get rid of that suck patch includes on AOD2 1.08 which make me :cry:.

Edit: :gulp: sorry Father, didn't read the 1.09 changelog about Henry Morgan.

Yes the Pirates bug is fixed. :)

I don't understand what you mean by the second part, what was added to 1.08 that you want to get rid of?

LoL ::gulp::

I want to confess father. I cannot enjoy a REF war since v1.06.

Yes the REF is too weak. I will be doing something about it for the advanced levels.

Being weak it's ok (I can make them stronger myself :p). Can you make them not dissappear? ;)

- Transported by War Galleon (unique King unit, can attack)
- REF unit's strength scales with handicap
- REF lands MUCH MUCH better!

I think the WoI will be a lot better (and harder at higher levels) in 1.10.

Cool!!!! Looking forward to it! :)

- Transported by War Galleon (unique King unit, can attack)

Hope I am wrong, but wouldn't be surprised if sacrificial attacks come into AI mind with 6 units on board. :p

Needs testing how AI plays with war galleons - like disabling attack or not.

Yes the Pirates bug is fixed. :)

I don't understand what you mean by the second part, what was added to 1.08 that you want to get rid of?

I don't know what you added to 1.09b that makes the game crash for me. I only know that 1.08 ran fine and 1.09b crashes so I assume that something that you changed is causing the crash. Am I the only one with this problem? Maybe I just have to wait for 1.10 and hope it fixes the problem.

Akrux, you are having the same problem I had with 1.08. All it ever did was crash as it started the setup after I had selected my nation etc.

TO fix it I deleted colonization. Re - Installed it again. Then I download the official Fireaxis patch from this website in the Colonization .... mods section.

It would not work for me using the auto updater or the patch from the official site. Wierd it is but 1,08 and 1.09 work fine for me :)

Dale:

Thanks for all your hard work on this. It has significantly improved some of the things I complained about way back upon release back over on Poly.

But, I think I ran into a bug (feature?). In my first game with your mod, I destroyed the REF... but did not win. While hunting down the last two Royal ships, a computer opponent won an economic victory. Did you change the rules to require a complete victory over the navy as well? If so, I'm not sure I like that change.

Dale,

Did these require python or SDK changes (or i guess both)?

Victory Conditions:
* Added ECONOMIC victory based on total goods traded (all trading methods, buy and sell).
* Added INDUSTRIALISATION victory based on total yield rate per turn (all yield types including bells, crosses and books).

Dale,

Did these require python or SDK changes (or i guess both)?

Only python was to show on the victory screen. Everything is SDK.

I finally figured out why AoDII would not run for me. Many thanks for Rodzey for pointing me in the right direction.

The big difference between 1.08 and 1.09b is that the patch is INCLUDED in 1.09b where it was not included in 1.08. Normally that would not matter but it seems that there are slightly different versions of the official Firaxis patch floating around. The difference is small and only shows up on some machines or some operating systems it seems. I do not have the computer expertise to find the differences.

The patch that Dale has included in AoDII 1.09b is not exactly the same as the official patch. My computer would crash on the differences when it loaded AoDII 1.09b (patch included) on top of my patched version of vanilla COL.

In case anyone else has the same problem I will explain how I got it to work for me. I can get AODII 1.09b to run by reinstalling the original game and NOT patching it. I then download and install 1.09b and it runs fine. This setup does mean that I can't play vanilla COL + patch.

This is not a big problem for me as I love AoDII. Many thanks to Dale and the others that helped create it.

Have you tried the no-installer patch from the general Col forum? Just unzipping and copying those files over vanilla files should work for you.

I'd be interested to know if it does. :)

Top Bottom