Tourism Effects in Mulitplayer

drewgie

Chieftain
hey everyone!

I am going to start a BNW game with some coworkers and I wonder what effects tourism will have on a human player vs AI player.

I know that if you influence a civilization enough their people will revolt against whatever ideology they have if it doesn't match yours. But say you are dominating another civ culturally and you go to war with them, since they are so influenced by you do they get negative attack penalties or do you have any kind of bonus against them? Does that society hate being at war with you and add extra unhappiness?

I am not sure if in a game the AI acts differently if they are being culture bombed by you while it might not effect the way a human player plays.

besides the culture domination victory condition and causing ideological dissonance with your tourism are there any other benefits when heavily influencing another culture?

thanks!

Well, with the new patch, cities you conquer from civilisations that you have a lot of influence with will lose fewer citizens and be in resistance mode for fewer turns. You'll also get better results from spying and extra beakers from trade routes with the civ.

Of course, there's also the fact that at higher difficulties, an AI player will have tons of happiness and won't really care about the negative happiness being dominated by your tourism gives. A human player will tend to have far less happiness in general, so a -20 happiness penalty to them will really hurt.

What doesn't exist is a "we hate being at war with those guys!" modifier like you suggest. If you think about it, if someone's obviously going to win a cultural victory before you win, your only option is to declare war and wreck them. If there were too many penalties, you wouldn't really have any way to bring down a dominating Tourism player.

Top Bottom