Civilization Characteristic Specific Techs (CCST)

I like the idea of shifting traits, kind of like in Galactic Civilizations. Exept the shifting doesn't have to be good vs evil. And they should be based on how you're playing the game. Say you're a peaceful builder and you've been building a ton of temples and cathedrals perhaps you could gain half priced religious buildings. Even though you may be an industrious/agricultural Civ. I think if something like that is implemented they should definately be accentuating the manner in which you are currently playing and not be something that you can count on that is entirely unrelated to the way you've currently playing your game.

For Example say you're a militaristic/scientific Civ and a shift occurs it shouldn't necessarily be automatically drawn from either the scientific or militaristic traits, but should be determined by you're current city infrastructure and by the events you've been a part of in diplomacy/trade exploration and the like and be based on what you've been focusing on. This would allow for a more intense focus on specific startegies which should benefit the long term plan, or be a useful bonus should you decide afterwards to change your long range plan parhaps you could experience a shift in each age.

Khan Quest said:
The attribute shifting would be your choice, depending on how you play the game. You would have to watch the graph and do things that would prevent an unwanted shift, or force a desired shift.

I understand what you mean.. But it should still be a game start option. If not then scenerio games would rarely turn out as the designers plan cause people (or the AI for that matter) would end up shifting the Civs attributes. Take a WWII scenerio for example... Germany should not switch to being an Agricultrualy Relgious civilization... But this could happen if the option can't be turned off. So for the most part it would be off for scenerios I would think. But it would be a regular game play option that would be quite interesting.

phoule said:
I like the idea of shifting traits, kind of like in Galactic Civilizations. Exept the shifting doesn't have to be good vs evil. And they should be based on how you're playing the game. Say you're a peaceful builder and you've been building a ton of temples and cathedrals perhaps you could gain half priced religious buildings. Even though you may be an industrious/agricultural Civ. I think if something like that is implemented they should definately be accentuating the manner in which you are currently playing and not be something that you can count on that is entirely unrelated to the way you've currently playing your game.

For Example say you're a militaristic/scientific Civ and a shift occurs it shouldn't necessarily be automatically drawn from either the scientific or militaristic traits, but should be determined by you're current city infrastructure and by the events you've been a part of in diplomacy/trade exploration and the like and be based on what you've been focusing on. This would allow for a more intense focus on specific startegies which should benefit the long term plan, or be a useful bonus should you decide afterwards to change your long range plan parhaps you could experience a shift in each age.

I like what your saying. So maybe their should be two types of traits for attributes. One is a base attribute. This can not be altered or changed. This would also be the link for the attribute specific techs.

In addition their would be a progressing attribute label (or two like base). These attributes would be the same type, so scientific, militaristic etc. But they would give different effects by having them. So in this way Civ scould really be mixed and customized. BUT WHILE YOU ARE PLAYING! :crazyeye: That would be intense.

Furthermore it could be implimented so a civ would get the best results (well not necessarily best but really awesome bennefits) if it matched its progressing attributes with its base attributes. Could be like a different kind of golden age. Simular effects different name and different reason of course..

Oh and progression attributes should start out as nothing. A civ is doe snot know its true path until it begins walking it :p

Top Bottom