(RFC) The Eternal State: The Ottoman Empire

The Greeks! They were so young!... Another civ taken before their time.

Title of Icaria:
Icaria the 909th, Emperor of Persia, King of Babylon and Mahatma of India!

Time to add some titles...

New Title:
Icaria the 909th, Emperor of Persia, King of Babylon, Mahatma of India, Pharaoh of Egypt and Uniter of the Greek states!
:worship::worship::worship:

Time to add some titles...

New Title:
Icaria the 909th, Emperor of Persia, King of Babylon, Mahatma of India, Pharaoh of Egypt and Uniter of the Greek states!
:worship::worship::worship:

The Emperor accepts his new titles and pledges to add more in the future :D

Because the Persian Empire has been at war almost continuously, I decide to check my stability and my victory conditions.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

:eek: Stability is evil! Well... It's time to take advantage of the Persian unique power to get +2 stability for conquering cities to build up my stability again. So, after attaching a Great General from the Egyptian campaign to the army, war is declared on Ethiopia to the South of Persian Egypt.

Spoiler :

On the other side of the world, another Persian city is founded in India.

Spoiler :

After many rounds of bombarding the city, Aksum falls!

After collecting my Greek contingent and augmenting it with mercenaries, a Persian army marches across the Roman border. May it eventually march on Rome!

Spoiler :

The city had almost no resistance because multiple barbarians had crossed through the roman border and had already assaulted the city. The city was pathetically easy to take.

The Ethiopians were stronger than I had suspected. They counterattacked and recaptured their capital. However, the Persian general rallied the remaining troops and finally captured the city for good. But then something horrible happened.

For tomorrow's chapter: Imperial Collapse!

It always sucks when a massive empire collapses and you have to recapture all of it.

Sorry I haven't posted guys, I've been sick the last two days and I now I am really behind in my work. I'll make it a point to post another update this weekend.

I have been lurking, but I should really subscribe. Good job!

:goodjob:

Oh how could this happen :cry:? The once greatest empire in history has been reduced to a single city, all its imperial armies having revolted to to the new independent kingdoms and all Persian workers have been killed. How could the Persians have been reduced to this horrible state?

Well, its time to rebuild. But first we need time. So for several years an army is reforged in Parsa. Finally, three war elephants and an archer are created. I want to conquer Shush, but its connected to the independent kingdom of Babylon, and Babylon has a large army from all the troops that I had stationed there back before the collapse. So, instead, my new army moves north to recapture Artacoana to north to rehook up horses to Parsa.

Here was the original battle plan:

Spoiler :

Here's a revised plan:

Spoiler :

And then in 630 the Arabs spawn! In the following years they are going to sweep through the middle east. An unfortunately, because so many barbarian camel archers were built up in Arabia because they couldn't travel north because of the Great wall, they all became soldiers for the arabian caliphate and offer Arabia a huge military advantage :sad:

With minimal losses however, the city of Artacoana was captured in 640.

Arabia has captured Jerusalem and Sur and their army is ravaging Babylonia. Seeing that the Independent Kingdom of Babylonia is preoccupied with Arabia, I send two war elephants, an archer and catapult to quickly capture the Shush. Within a few years, Shush is recaptured!

The Persian heartland has been recaptured!

Persia has a new arrival to deal with, Arabia, and a new religion, Islam, is sweeping through the Middle East. There's much to do if Persia is to achieve glory that rivals its time as the Greatest Empire on Earth.

For tomorrow's chapter: Persia Shapes the Middle East!

I'm sorry everyone, but I just have no time to finish this story until summer. My classes are killing me :( . I am going to finish the story, I'm just going to have to put it on the back burner until then. Sorry, and thanks for following.

Top Bottom