[RFC] Ad Kalendas Graecas

If you fail your challenge, you must participate in my DI thread! :mwaha:

On a serious note, to complete the challenge, you have to rebuild Rome, completely control Iberia, completely control Gaul, control London and Manchester, control Anatolia, control Jerusalem, Alexandria, Cairo, Banzai, Regio Tripolitani, Carthage, and for an added challenge, Germany, Babylon, and the Arabian peninsula. Let's see if you can do it.

If you succeed in this before 1300 AD, I will think you are a god among men and hug you.

You have yourself a challenge! (Though Participating in the DI thread really isn't too bad.)

GREEK EMPIRE UH...Challenge(UHC)
1. Expand the Territory of the Greek Empire to that of Rome under Trajan's time by 1300 AD. No Vassals.
2. Conquer Germany, Babylon, and Arabia By 1300 AD
3. Rebuild Rome and build Constantinople by 1300 AD

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Also Poll-
Christianity 1
Judaism 0
Polytheistic 1
Islam 2

Update in a few minutes by the way.

POLL
Christianity 1
Judaism 0
Polytheism 0
Islam 3

Oh god, this Run might be over faster than I thought.
----------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler :

Joan and her Forces then went for a costly attack on Jerusalem. The city was captured, but the Troops needed supplies. And more importantly, reinforcements, if Babylon was to ever be captured.

Spoiler :

Unfortunately for both Joan and Pericles, there were more pressing matters at hand, almost immedietly after he had warted off the thoughts of conversion. The city of Epidamnos was captured by Barbarian hordes. Was this god smiting him for his decision? Had he made the wrong choice? It couldn't worry Pericles at the moment. Now was not the time for a crisis of faith, now was the time for action.

Spoiler :

The city was quickly recaptured from the merciless Barbarians. But the Horde was not done with its attack. Pericles had let his guard down one too many times.

Spoiler :

In the north, a new war was starting. The Celts were a barbaric and weak people. Pericles saw no reason for them to keep existing as a threat to the empire. The city of Lutetia was the first on the list. The forces garrisoned inside were outdated and war no armor, easing pickings for the powerful Phalanx. The city was quickly assimilated into the Greek culture.

Spoiler :

Pericles then got a message that a similar christian missionary had been sent to the Carthaginians. Unlike Pericles however, Hannibal was easily swayed into the new faith, and converted. Pericles would have met with his friend Ramsesses about it in a meeting, but sure enough there were bigger problems plaguing the Greeks then the Carthaginan spirituality.

Spoiler :

Joan still needed reinforcements for her war, but unfortunately, the ones sent were distracted with defending the Graecan peninsula from Barbarian hordes. The scum were at it once again, but this time they were blocking Pericles from his conquests, something the man didn't take lightly too. With a whopping three Phalanxes garrisoned in Epidamnos, Pericles doubted the Barbarians could ever get past his defenses.

Spoiler :

Burdigala was captured, and the Celtic wars came to a quick end. The Celts never stood a chance against the well trained greek armies anyway. Gaul was now under graecan command, or was it?

Spoiler :

The cities were poorly defended, and when the Barbarian horse archers came, all that was left behind them were smoldering ash and brick. However, the Barbarians weren't done there...

Spoiler :

They took Mediolanum as well.
------------------------------
To do:
Kill Barbs.
Get Babylon
Pray for Stability.
Rebuild Rome and Lutetia.

have you missed out on the great wall?

Well I have to go to my Job as Concession Stand Man. Expect an update around 10:30 EST though.

BUT FIRST...A TEASER.

Spoiler :

I see you didn't found it though.

Spoiler :

Pericles laughed to himself at Hannibal's, message. Ramsesses was right, he was not to be trusted, as this declaration of war clearly showed. What did Hannibal hope to gain from declaring war on Greece? We can simply cut through Egypt to Carthage, but Carthage had to go through a lot more to get to Athens. Perhaps that religion of his drove him to insanity. Perhaps he wanted to cash in on the weakness of Greece following the Barbarian assault. But there would be a notch in Hannibal's plan, something he has failed to realize...

Spoiler :

That war was over. The Barbarians had finally been expelled from Greek Borders with the help of the Trusty Phalanx formation. Once more Greece was safe, and though she had lost two cities in the process, stability had been regained. Now the Greek Army could finally begin the march to Babylon, where Joan of Arc still held her lonely defense of Jerusalem. Pericles himself saw the Hoplites off, wishing them good luck in their mission for the empire.

Spoiler :

Not long after the Troops left the Peloponese, did a new emissary come to Pericles. This one in exotic garb and with skin such a shade that Pericles was in absolute awe. He claimed to be from the distant Ethiopian Empire.
"Ethiopia? Where on earth is that?" Pericles asked, the Emissary explained that it was a nation below Egypt in the depths of Africa. It was another Jewish State, but the Ethiopians wanted only Peace with Greece. Something Pericles could happily oblige to.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile in the glorious city of Pompeii, an amazing artist was born. Michaelangelo, a Roman, had created masterpiece after masterpeice for his home city, but this was not enough to him. He instead wanted to bring Greek Culture to Tyre and Jerusalem, and while his family pleaded for him not to go, Michaelangelo left. His mission? To make sure that the lands to the east were Graecophone.

Spoiler :

While on a routine patrol, a band of Hoplites discovered a Carthaginian settlement in Iberia with a serious lack of fortification. The commander of the band was smart, he knew that it was likely the Carthaginian's plan to create a contenental base and invade from there. As such the city was quickly captured, finally extending Greek control to the Pillars of Heracles themselves.

Spoiler :

"Pericles! It's been a long time hasn't it?" Ramsesses laughed. Pericles couldn't help but smile at the sight of his old friend from Egypt.
"It sure has my friend, I assume you're here for mor than a friendly visit though?" Pericles asked,
"Well of course, I don't suppose that you would be interested in showing me how you Greeks meditiate? In return I shall teach you the wonders of Alphabet." Pericles couldn't say no to this deal, almost instantly he went into a meditiative state, and began to show Ramsesses the way.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Joan and her troops were finally Sucessful, Babylon was at its knees, and the City was asking to be taken. The Army had no will to move any farther east, but to take the magnificent city of two rivers? It couldn't be passed by. The Phalanxes advanced, crushing the defenders, until at last, Babylon was theirs.

Spoiler :

With the City in greek hands, Pericles sent a communique for a peace deal. The Babylonians, wary of war. Handily accepted the Deal, so long as the greeks gave them the secrets of Aethstetics. Pericles himself was discontent with conceding anything to the Babylonians, but what had to be done had to be done. Luckilly for the Greek Leader, the Gods had other plans.

Spoiler :

A new race had come to power, the Arabs, a group from the Southern reaches of Syria. Their influence easily persuaded the already weary cities of Tyre and Jerusalem to join them in their expanding empire. The Arabs didn't care about any prior alliances, they just wanted land. They declared war on not only the Greeks, but the Babylonians and the Egyptians. Pericles scrambled the forces in Babylon, luckilly most of his troops were still garrisoned in the city, to assess the Arab threat.

Spoiler :

Michaelangelo had arrived in Arabia. With Jerusalem in Arabian hands they city was blocked off. However, there was now an even greater area asking for a taste of Greek culture. Babylon had just been captured, and the weary citizens inside could use a morale boost. Thus Michaelangelo created his greatest work, a sculpture of David, from Jewish and Christian myth. The amazing peice of art caused not only Babylon to become a fully Greek city, but the surrounding areas quickly flipped from not only Arab control, but Babylonian as well, this caused the already crumbling empire to break. And babylon collapsed into a squabbling set of city states, all thanks to Michaelangelo.

Spoiler :

With the Great artist boosting their Morale the troops recaptured both Tyre and Jerusalem in a mere matter of months. The Arabian Peninsula was now almost fully in Greek hands. Now all that remained was to finish the Arabs off. A daunting task indeed considering their military technology bested even the Greeks. However, in these two cities, the Arabs left one thing behind that piqued Pericle's intrest.

Spoiler :

Pericles picked up and read a Qur'an that had been sent to him from Jerusalem. After close reading he finally made up his mind. This religion called to him, its customs, its stories. Now the Greek Leader knew how the Arabs could spread this Religion so easily. And so even if it went against what Ramsesses once said, Pericles converted to Islam. And the Greek Empire transformed into the Caliphate of Greece.
--------------------------------------------------------
Alright so Obviously Islam won the Poll.
Now it's time for a different Poll. As we all know, I have until 1300 AD to complete the UHC given to me. However, it's more like 1250 AD because I'm obviously screwed when the Ottomans spawn. I'm about halfway through this run now, so without further ado, I present to you, Krug's Complex Poll for Deciding the Next Run.
Actually it's three Polls. The first is, What Mod I should do next run?, the Second is, What Nation Should I be?, and the Third is 3000 BC or 600 AD? So here we go, first Poll.
What Mod I should do next run?
Regular RFC (Like this Run)
RFC: Dawn of Civilization
RFC: Europe
RFC: The Sword of Islam (The Middle East)

RFC DoC: Turkey: 3000 bc

Fine, 1250 AD.
Mod - RoM
Nation - India
3000 BC

Also, you should participate in DI anyways :p There is room for 3 more gods.

Fine, 1250 AD.
Mod - RoM
Nation - India
3000 BC

Also, you should participate in DI anyways :p There is room for 3 more gods.

Actually I will be a part of DI, Win or Lose. I'm just waiting to see the result of this Challenge before I make my sign up official.

Also I'm guessing you meant DoC right? Unless there's some cool 3000 BC Scenario for RoM that I haven't heard of.

Oh, DoC, sure. Didn't know there wasn't a 3000 bc for RoM (never played it)

IT'S PERICLES IN HIS BIGGEST CHAPTER YET!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler :

Pericles carefully considered the offer the Arabs had posed to him. Now that they were Brothers in faith, the Arabs seemed like a powerful ally rather than a barbaric enemy. Even so, they had more powerful cavalry that could plow through the Greek Phalanx with ease. They had to be tread lightly around. Pericles agreed to peace, and Saladin was pleased.
"Come!" He shouted, "Let us dine in Mecca my friend, I must show you the wonders of the Religion you now believe in."
"And I must show you the Amazing city of Athens at some time in return Saladin." Pericles laughed. But across the sea, trouble stirred...

Spoiler :

The people of the West were fed up with their domination by some foregin entity that they had not only never seen or heard of before the occupation, but now believed in a faith vastly different fromt theirs. Riots quickly broke out across Gaul and Iberia demanding the Greeks leave. The forces in the West had not been supported due to the war with Arabia and Babylon before, and they were easily overwhelmed by the rising Nations. The west had fallen out of Greece's grasp, and in their place, rose the Christian Empires of Spain and France. But Pericles didn't care, what had the Western cities ever done for him? Besides be a waste of money and forces that is, if they want to make new nations let them. They could never compare to the Greek Caliphate.

Spoiler :

Just as new Nations were being born in the West, Pericles had ordered a long destroyed city to be Reborn as well. Rome, gone for hundreds of years, was finally rebuilt. And at last, the Greeks had proven themselves as the true overlords of Italy. With the refounding of Rome, Pericles ensured that his name would not be forgoten.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, one Enemy of Greece still remained, Carthage. Hannibal still was out for Pericle's blood, moreso now that he was Islamic. But Carthage was now on its knees, and the Empire was near collapse. All it would take was one more push, and Pericles knew this. Carthage lacked both Bronze and Iron, all they could create were Archers, which could not stop a larger Hoplite force. So an Amphibous Assualt began.

Spoiler :

Just as he had Predicted, Pericles had succeeded in capturing the City, it wasn't much of a gain, Carthage had barely advanced in technology and culture since the War with the Romans, but the Capitol wasn't worth raising. Unfortunately for Pericles, fate had other plans.

Spoiler :

African Barbarians finally saw the wrecked Carthage as the prime time to strike. They moved swiftly, and positioned themselves outside both Carthage, and the only other Carthaginian city, Hippo. Pericles didn't bother with a defense. He instead left Hannibal to his own fate. Besides, there was still one more Pericles had to deal with...

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Michaelangelo's great art could still be felt across Mesopotamia. Thanks to the spectacular revival of Culture of Culture in Babylon, yet another city, Nineve, joined Greece in its still rising Empire. It seemed not even the Arab's Culture could keep up.

Spoiler :

"When I heard Foregin Troops were outside my Border, I hoped it would be the Arabs, not you." Ramsesses shouted from over his wall. Pericles looked up,
"Times have changed Ramsesses. I don't want to do this, but you're the enemy now. I'll give you one last chance to Convert to Islam. If you don't, I'm afraid I'll have to invade." The midday glare blinded Pericles from seeing his one time compatriot, all he could hear was the Pharaoh's voice, there was a sigh of resentment in his tone.
"What happened Pericles? There was once a time when we were stalwart allies, we fought together, we Razed Rome for god's sake? What happened to us?" Pericles said nothing.
"Our People will never give up our beliefs." The Pharoah stated, and then left for the Capitol.

Spoiler :

It was a long war indeed. The Egyptian city of Per-Wadjet was heavilly fortified, Pericles couldn't invade it or he would have been crushed. Instead he went around it, in a risky move for the poorly defended lifeline of the Kingdom, Pi-Ramsesses. Named after the Pharaoh himself. Ramsesses was in the City when the Phalanxes barelled through the War Chariots defending, and stormed the City. The Egyptian Empire was over, and now, two allies, once almost brothers faced each other.
"Give up Ramsesses." Pericles solemnly said, "The territory under your control still is the space your throne Occupies."
"Then I still have an Empire, do I not?" Pericles drew his blade,
"I don't want to Kill you. I'll give you one more chance, you can leave now, become a high advisor to my Caliphate, become Governer of the Egyptian Provinces, whatever you desire! You can even practice Judaism! Just please, give in, I don't want to kill you Ramsesses..." The Pharaoh shook his head and laughed,
"You don't understand do you Pericles? I have overseen this Kingdom, from its start as a batch of Mud Brick huts, to a mighty Kingdom, to this very day. This Empire is a part of me, and as long as I live, I shall not cede control of it willingly to anybody, not you, not Saladin, not a soul on this earth. If you want this Land, you'll have to pry it from my Cold, Dead hands Pericles."
The Greek Leader stabbed forward with his sword, there was a gasp, as life left the Pharaoh, and then Pericles sat. He sat and wept.

Spoiler :

To the North the Germanic people were forming their own Nation. Originally the French had sent Missionaries to convert the Germans to Christianity, but these priests were reportedly slaughtered by Barbarians before they could make it safely within German lands. Instead, the Arabs and Greeks got to the Germans first, and with the first conversions to Islam under way, the Holy Islamic Empire was founded.

Spoiler :

Pericles however, focused more on taking former Egyptian Lands, if not for him then at least to give Ramsesses peace that his nation was not a weak band of Squabbling states. At first conquest was done via the Blade, but one fateful day, a Traveller arrived at Avaris.

Spoiler :

Virgil was a great poet, part of the rebirth of Rome, who wrote Poetry about Greece's beginnings, long ago. Inspired by Michaelangelo before him, Virgil travelled into the Lion's Den of Egypt to bring Graecan culture to the land. Like Michaelangelo, he was an astounding Sucess. The Egyptian cities not under Pericles control quickly joined the cause, inspired by the greatness of Virgils words.

Spoiler :

"I have a Proposition for you Pericles." Saladin started as he entered the Leader's home in Athens. Pericles, after Egypt was under his command, was finally at home in Greece once more. Saladin was his guest of course,
"Sure my good man! What do you wish to discuss?" Pericles replied in a jovial tone, besides the Joys of showing another leader his wonderous city, Saladin was Pericle's only true ally left in this hostile world. As the West despised both of them for being Islamic, the two Leaders had stuck together since he first day of Peace. Saladin stated his offer,
"You see Pericles, Arabia wants to become part of the Caliphate."
"What?!"
"I don't mean we want to be fully absorbed my good friend, so don't look so shocked, but we fear for our safety, and we want protection as an Autonomous State within the Calpihate." Pericles stroked his beard, and then held out his hand.
"You have yourself a deal my friend! Come, now I must show you the old temples!"

Spoiler :

Pericles couldn't help but grin, whether it had been Zeus or Allah talking to him all those years ago, one thing was for certian. He now controlled the most Powerful Empire on earth. Pericles looked to the clear sky, smiled, and whispered under his breath.
"Thank You."
-----------------------------------------------------
Alright, Poll is still open guys! Please continue to Vote! Whichever Mod gets to 5 votes first wins mind you.
What Mod should Krug's Next Game be?
Regular RFC 0
RFC: Dawn of Civilization 2
RFC: Europe 0
RFC: The Sword of Islam 0

What Mod should Krug's Next Game be?
Regular RFC 0
RFC: Dawn of Civilization 3
RFC: Europe 1
RFC: The Sword of Islam 0

A word to Mosher, I DID expand the Borders to that of the Eastern Roman Empire, do I at least get a half Challenge victory for that?

I suppose. I guess it was a tad too much to ask you to hold onto England, France, and Iberia past 600 AD...

I just had a funderful idea.

I will create a game as Egypt, and attempt to recreate the Roman Empire! Who thinks I can do it!?!?!

I actually change my vote for civ to Aztec or Inca

Top Bottom