a northern european story

peaceful

Chieftain
This is my second attempt at the british isles map
the changes i made are simple
9 civs(the celtic nations,england and the vikings
no barbarians

4000 B.C- 610 A.D.
as the nomadic irish people decided to settle down and create and empire they found themselves alone.they quickly expanded across the land.this would put a strain on resources but would secure this land for later so that the irish empire could flourish . As there were no other known people they had little to no need for a military. they only had about 2000 archers to defend their land if any invader did come this army would likely slaughter the irish army thousand of years of isolation they met the manx empire which opened the door for trade.

sorry to anyone who was hoping for a follow up to "the conquest of northwest europe" : sad: but, well to give you an example of the difficult position i was is imagine ireland and england are at the same level of technology then ireland gets knocked back to the stone age. now imagine tryin to get ireland to the same level as england basically impossible especially since pretty much all land had been taken and i had only 3-4 cities and an out of date military barely any money being boxed in by cyrus who had a much much larger army than i did so i used the only option i could think of.. war. didnt go too well turned on slavery civic used whatever i could of my population and even when my troops faced theirs 1 on 1 only about 5-6% chance. so that basically turned in to a defensive war which ended up being a siege with stacks of cyrus's men just waiting outside my cities so i gave up

1560 AD - 1640 AD
"The phony war"

The Irish empire had been trading with the Manx empire for several centuries and later met other peoples such as the Scottish empire and the Cornish empire and the English empire and the welsh empire .
In 295 AD the welsh empire declared war on the Scottish and Cornish empires.in 532 AD the Cornish empire was able to broker peace with the welsh but the war between the Scottish and welsh would continue for many years to come.
in 1560 alexander of Scotland asked the new king of the Irish empire a young man to assist him by declaring war on the welsh, the king foolishly agreed. This hurt relations with Augustus for many years. In 1590 the Scottish empire made peace with the welsh empire after being at war with each other for 1295 years. There was never a single fight during the entire conflict between the Irish and welsh empires. Shortly after realising his mistake the king tried to make peace with Augustus but to no avail. When Augustus died in 1632 at the age of 95 his son grandson Julius took the throne as his son had died from sickness.

1560 AD - 1640 AD
"The phony war"
The Irish empire had been trading with the Manx empire for several centuries and later met other peoples such as the Scottish empire and the Cornish empire and the English empire and the welsh empire .
In 295 AD the welsh empire declared war on the Scottish and Cornish empires.in 532 AD the Cornish empire was able to broker peace with the welsh but the war between the Scottish and welsh would continue for many years to come
in 1560 alexander of Scotland asked the new king of the Irish empire a young man to assist him by declaring war on the welsh, the king foolishly agreed. This hurt relations with Augustus for many years. In 1590 the Scottish empire made peace with the welsh empire after being at war with each other for 1295 years. There was never a single fight during the entire conflict between the Irish and welsh empires. Shortly after realising his mistake the king tried to make peace with Augustus but to no avail. When Augustus died in 1632 at the age of 95 his son grandson Julius took the throne as his son had died from sickness.

1800 – 1843
“War with the scots”
In 1760 the Irish empire made defensive pacts with the English Scottish and Manx empires in 1800 the scots declared war on the Irish and in 1802 they captured with 15000 mace men and 12000 crossbowmen they took no causalities because there were no troops defending it they held the city for 18 years until in 1820 the Irish attacked with an army 24000 musket men and 5000 mace men the Irish army lost 20000 troops while the Scottish army was wiped out. This was the only fight between the scots and the Irish in this war meanwhile as part of the defensive pacts they had with the Irish the Manx and English declared war on the scots the Manx lost Brandenburg to the scots in 1816 in 1824 the scots lost Sparta and in 1840 they lost Brandenburg these were both lost to the English. the English had decide to make their overseas territories into colonies(Americans) and these immediately declared war on the scots in 1843 the scots decided to make peace with the Irish Manx and the English and the Americans. As part of this agreement they became a vassal state to the English.

“bribe for peace”
In 1890 the Breton empire was at war with scotland England and America the king of the irish empire Niall, met with The manx king to hopefully convince him to make peace after several attempts Niall offered knowledge of physics in exchange for peace it worked and the whole word was at peace once again. This had never been done before.

Perhaps screenshots and more detail would make this story not as terrible. (No offense intended, of course.)

there is no need for that
besides im hoping some tension will start building and lead 2 a world war

mosher i sent a report about u ur time is at an end ha ha

He didn't said anything wrong. if you really want to write a story you should learn to take a look at your errors and try to get better. (constructive criticism is a very good thing. it can help you improve your writing skills overall)

I'm quite sure your report will be ignored by the mods, like i said before, criticism is good as long as it is constructive. everything he said was how you could make the story a good one and gave his opnion about the story and even warned he didn't wanted to offend anyone. ;)

Your story really isn't that nice, if i was you i would really try putting detail in it, larger updates and of course screenshots. also i saw some grammar errors here.
my biggest suggestion would be that you should take a look at some other popular stories in the forum, that would help your skills to improve.

He didn't said anything wrong. if you really want to write a story you should learn to take a look at your errors and try to get better. (constructive criticism is a very good thing. it can help you improve your writing skills overall)

I'm quite sure your report will be ignored by the mods, like i said before, criticism is good as long as it is constructive. everything he said was how you could make the story a good one and gave his opnion about the story and even warned he didn't wanted to offend anyone. ;)

Your story really isn't that nice, if i was you i would really try putting detail in it, larger updates and of course screenshots. also i saw some grammar errors here.
my biggest suggestion would be that you should take a look at some other popular stories in the forum, that would help your skills to improve.

Totally agree with Duke here. Grammar, detail, and screenshots would make this story worth reading. (Plus capitalizing proper nouns like Scotland.)

i was thinking of his idea how about a campaign of maps like a war for control over europe based over several maps please let me know what you think

I hav difficulty not yawning reading this.

Also, what is this report about me? Did he report me to the mods for critiszing his story or something?

eh i wouldn't worry, peaceful seems a little :crazyeye:

hoplitejoe i am a little crazy at times but thats just me havent been really playing the game in a while stuff to do in college

Top Bottom