Random Events list

This is a very handy post.

Could a mod please sticky this or could Methos please link to this in the Beyond The Sword Info Center initial post?

stickie would be great, i have it bookmarked in the meantime ;).

does anybody know whether there's a quest limit? what i mean is, can you only have one until you succeed or fail, the game won't give you others? that would stink, particularly if you get one in the "build 7 harbors" quest in OCC. only way to clear that from your log would be to reach a tech that makes it obsolete. if there is a limit, i wish there was a "nah, i'm lazy and don't want this quest, go away" option.

stickie would be great, i have it bookmarked in the meantime ;).

does anybody know whether there's a quest limit? what i mean is, can you only have one until you succeed or fail, the game won't give you others? that would stink, particularly if you get one in the "build 7 harbors" quest in OCC. only way to clear that from your log would be to reach a tech that makes it obsolete. if there is a limit, i wish there was a "nah, i'm lazy and don't want this quest, go away" option.
There is no limit but the log can only hold one so you cannot read up on the requirements of the 2nd if you have 2 quests running ;)

There is no limit but the log can only hold one so you cannot read up on the requirements of the 2nd if you have 2 quests running ;)

ah! now if only i knew a place to pop out of game and remind myself what the requirements of the 2nd are... *giggle*. thanks :)

My first ever game as Maya, got the colloseum quest (which is actually Ball courts for the Maya)
Spoiler :
+4:) from Ball courts when completed
, (and I was lacking Happy Resources), which of course is nice......

I got the colloseum quest too, playing ethiopia, but I took the culture bonus.
To be honest I got a whole bunch of positive events in this game, and also a few bad ones (barb uprising right next to my softly guarded capital :eek:).

I actually got Ancient Olympics without being the Greeks in my most recent attempt at Monarch. Ironically, I knew Alexander to the north of me. He kicked my trash and I lost hard, but I did get the Olympics event instead of him!

Sam

The Bermuda Triangle Event sounds like a good one to use to your advantage. What if you modified the files so that when the perquisites for the Bermuda Triangle are met, it happens. You could stop AI fleets dead in the water in the modern times, while you stick to the coast and win (or you use your fleet of Frigates which you couldn't upgrade because inflation got too high or you just can't afford it)

Were Solver's events added to the new patch? If so, could the list here be updated - this is the single thread I reference more than any other on this site.

Were Solver's events added to the new patch? If so, could the list here be updated - this is the single thread I reference more than any other on this site.
:yup: and :yup:
I will update this soon, but it takes a bit of time and may take another couple of days until I get around doing this, glad you like it :)

Awesome, and I appreciate the work ori - your list makes it much easier for me to mod the events to the way I like them!

one minor note: event 44 (Truffles) increases food by +1 in the tile, as indicated. It also increases commerce in the tile by +1 as well. I thought it was interesting when this happened on a forest grassland tile next to a river in the very early part of one of my games. This gave me a tile with +3F,+1H,+2C with no improvements! Very nice.

I'll appreciate the update; I actually don't have a decent list of my own events :)

I got this event post 3.13. Don't know whether this is documented or not. I have played lots of games in Bts but never got this event.

Spoiler :

The event added one population to the capital.:)

Hang on, Ori, please PM me your email address :)

Top Bottom