6 player FFA game thread--invite only

I am happy to host. I have a reasonably fast machine and internet connection. Are we meeting in the civplayers steam channel?

Well, that was about as rough a start as we've had, thanks for sticking with it, guys.

After zalta overslept (25 min +), we played 18 turns with Islandia hosting, then it crapped out--he disconnected from steam and whenever he launched a reload, it would do the same. So that first game died. Second game, with Tab hosting, Islandia couldn't get in, DOA.

Third time I'm hosting (laggy), and we seem to be doing okay, having saved on turn 30. Sad turn number, but at least it's working--let's hope it continues!

It would be good if a better host could take over, but I'm wary it might cause more problems....

Anyway...everyone went random:

Onan - America
Tabarnak - Persia (gah!)
zalta - India (preferred to Rome, apparently!)
Brenador - Siam
EEE_Boy - England
Islandia - China

We agreed to a nuclear free world (with dissent from zalta and myself). Playing at Emperor to up the CS and barb strength. There are rumours of shared continents....

Next session:

I could probably play again tomorrow, to get the game rolling. Three day weekend here.

Post up what works for you this week, especially if tomorrow doesn't. I should be able to make about any night except Tuesday work, with enough notice.

Phew. Glad I'm going to bed with at least a little civ-satisfaction. :crazyeye:

Thanks Onan, it's nice to see the game rolling finally.

I am ok pretty much every day, especially tomorrow.

Monday to Friday for me. Not for the week-end.

I can play tomorrow, monday, wednesday or friday of next week.

hmm, is that PST?

I've looked over what everyone's posted for their availability from the start.

I only see two options for regular days:

Thursdays/Wednesdays PST and Fridays/Thursdays PST

Can we make one of these a regular weekly slot?

Oh and I forgot to mention, looks like playing in 3+ hours won't be an option.

I prefer Fridays (Thursdays PST), but the other date is not impossible for me.

Wednesday PST is much more workable for me than Thursdays. I usually get home around 11 to midnight on Thursdays so I don't want to be late to the start time.

Okay, can we do this Thursday / Wed PST? Brenador, since it's not your preference, you can call the stop time, even if it means we only play for 90 minutes.

Looking forward, Islandia, are there some Fridays / Thurs PST you'll be able to commit to at the usual time? Best if we compromise instead of one person playing at a time that's not their preference all the time.

Also, Tabarnak, do you think now and then we'll be able to get a Sat/Sun game in? I wasn't sure if your post was ruling out this particular weekend, or all weekends. That should help free up some more options, too. (zalta you'll be able to play some Sat/Sun games, right?)

Given there are six of us, our schedules seem to be lining up okay.

I rarely play civ5 around 2am of Sunday. I do for Saturday and Monday sometimes.

Cool, the occasional Saturday would be good, as I think this would be a good time for pretty much everyone.

I don't understand what you are talking about? Maybe you posted in the wrong thread?

huh? I'm confused - we're on for this Thursday/Wednesday PST 11pm correct?

Yes, that's what I've suggested, and it seems to be okay for all (no confirmation from Brenador, but no veto either).

EEE, you seem confused? This would be our Thursday at the usual time, 8pm.

Yes I can commit to some Fridays/Thursdays PST.

Excellent. If we can share the somewhat inconvenient days around, then everyone should be happy, and most importantly, the game should progress smoothly!

Ah, I think I understand now why EEE was confused (between suggested day for this week, and future options).

Checked it out with Brenador, and he's good for this Thurs / Weds PST.

See you guys in a couple days!

Top Bottom