[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

@manooly

It should work up to renaissance era but when you get access to Colonist unit and try to build first city with it, you'll get 'Out of Synch' error in multiplayer mode. This happens because Colonist builds cities with extra buildings and that info isn't transferred correctly to other players and it causes error that will crash the game. Same happens with Pioneer unit since it works the same way.

Question. Why not make a "multiplayer compatible" version of RoM, wherein you simply remove the colonist and pioneer city builders and just leave the settler as in regular BtS? Or to somehow activate the mod and not use those units without having 2 complete directories with those small differences?

Kalimakhus has found another python exception bug from Rise of Mankind's v2.11 GameUtils.py file. Error appears when AI player's city checks if it should build inquisitor or not. Please download fixed file from this post. The file is in that post as attachment (scroll down). Just unzip the file to '..\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python' -folder. Thanks again for Kalimakhus for tracking this down. :)

What are the requirements for building the Temple of Heaven? I don't seem to be able to have it as an option.

I have all the knowledge prerequisites (architecture, etc.)
I have Taoism in several cities
Have Taoism as my state religion
Have Taoist temples, monastaries, and pagodas in several cities

What am I missing?

Thanks
Michael B

Hello,
First your mod is wonderful.
I have follow all your instructions for the 2.11 installation but i don t have any menu or buttons in the game.
So i deleted the mod and reinstall and still don t have menu or buttons..snif
The 2.01 version was working perfectly.

can u help me?
Congratulations again!!!

Vladd

Ps: sry for my bad english

@vladdor

Have you tried replacing the CvPath.py file with the one of RoM2.0. You can find a zip file named RoM 2.0 CvPath.zip under rise of Mankind. Place the file inside it into assets\Python.

In case you installed RevDCM add-on then you most probably forgot to remove the python folder before installing it. What you need to do then is to remove the python folder and re-install the add-on.

Thx u very much Kalimakhus!! It works now!!
It smells a long night for me^^

Have fun.

Vladdor

Latest version 2.12 uploaded as full mod again, now to 2 mirror sites as well so that those who have had problems downloading mod from Filefront can download it now too. If you have downloaded v2.0 and patched it to 2.12 already, you don't need to download this full download again.

RevolutionDCM Add-On updated for RoM2.12. In case you already have it installed and applied the last (single file) patch of RoM then you don't need to do anything. This is for people who download RoM2.12 and want to add RevolutionDCM to it.

Edit: Just to be comprehensive the CvGameUtils.py file in the add-on is slightly different. The difference is in code arrangement making parts of the code execute only if needed and not every turn (might be a little better for performance though not necessarily tangible). The final effect is the same.

I was just looking around and found the update. If what i read in the changelog really means that the trade is at last fixed, i think i'm about to enjoy a nice game :D

Also big thanks to Kalimakhus, the archers volleys and all that stuff are going to realize my dream : Having nearly the same fighting system as Civ III in Civ IV :)

edit: Actually it looks like I'm cursed ... The interface isn't there, and replacing Cv path.py doesn't change anything :(

alright dudes how are things goin? ive not played civ in a good few months and since this was the last mod i played i thought id give it another go.

couple of problems though:sad:

1 - havin the same problem as the guys abovem there arent any option or menu buttons on the screen when i start a new game. im usin the latest rom 2.12 version and revolution dcm 2.12 both of which i downloaded last night.

i noticed on the revolution download page the file was added in april, is this the correct file ive downloaded? and yes i followed the instructions to the letter.

2 - id like to try an advanced start with rom but every time i start it no map appears, is this a known problem?

cheers

@Strat_84

Did you remove the Python folder before installing RevolutionDCM Add-On?

@tonedog

The Add-On in the download page is the latest. The date is of the first time the Add-On was released.

If you installed the Add-On in the right way then you may need to replace the CvPath.py file as explained in several posts.

sorry mate i just assumed that your latest release would have the fix already but im guessin not everyone is havin this problem.

ok on that post u mentioned there are two attached files. i just added the rom2.12 file but that hasnt fixed it.

heres why ive done.

installed rom 2.12, deleted the python file u said to, then unzipped your mod to requested folder. i then added the file i mentioned above but it still isnt hapnin

nope i checked and there isnt. i just added that other file from the post u mention and that givin me all sorts of errors.

il reinstall the whole thing later on, maybe someone else can post who had thr same problem

@Kalimakhus : Nope i didn't, and that's why there was a problem (i already told it in the "bug report" thread ;) )

That instruction should be written in huge red letters in the readme file, it seems that many people fall in the trap :D

I have a bit of an issue, I have had several games since updating where I get hard crashes with the 2.11 mod, the revolution mod, the many civs expansion and blue marble. Previously I was running an older version of rise and no revolution mod. I had the no-interface problem but replacing the python file fixed it.

Attached is one such game that hard crashes when I end the turn, during the AIs turn.

Also I am a little confused, the patch on the first page says 2.11 but the full download is 2.12?

Thanks for the help, amazing mod!

Attachments

• Dr. Jones BC-1670.CivBeyondSwordSave
    630.1 KB · Views: 68
im still no further forward gettin this goin. the problem im havin appears to be with ROM, i cant even get the interface to appear with ROM on its own, never mind the revolution addon!

are the instructions on page 1 of this thread correct and up to date?

ive redownloaded the ROM main mod from page one, extracted it to the bts mods folder. but when i start a new game there isnt any interface/buttons on the screen, only the map. and the same goes for advanced starts, except its worse, there isnt even a map.

are there any other files i need which ARENT explained in the instructions on page one cos somethin is defo wrong here

Top Bottom