[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

I bombarded a city defence with ship of the line to 26%, but when I tried to attack it with infantry the combat order says the city's defence is 10%. we have this problem of not showing correct number of city defence rate, but it seems like it is now affecting in the actual combat order. here's the SS. also, grenadier seem to have some trouble with combat order time to time. I don't have a screen shot here but when I tried to attack with a rifleman, the grenadier wasn't given a combat bonus against my rifleman.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 498
Abbisynian Civ and Ethiopian Civ were the same Civ. Please, delete one in next patch. Native American Civ and Iroquis Civ? Hmmm....

One thing has always bothered me about civ. tech just trips along. Is there any way you can implement either a plague induced backwards tech slide or something? I don't know, maybe in cities with unsanitary conditions? Oh! was thinking also, instead of using oil painting as a tech, maybe you could make the different Art movements into techs, just to be more technically accurate. Good job though. I really like the MOD.
Last night I was looking for plague coding, there's plague in Gods of Old BtS mod but I don't think I can convert that feature to random event. I would like to have diseases that affect Civilizations by adding lots of unhealthiness for certain turn amounts. To make such events, it would require some python coding as the event's XML tags are not exactly suitable for this alone.

when a police station is built you cannot conscript a infantry? you can only draft police squad. I think this restriction is unnecessary.
Police Squad is among the conscript units, between Infantry and Modern Infantry if I recall right now from memory. I guess you didn't have access to Modern Infantry at that time when you tried to conscript. Modern Infantry will be the preferred conscript unit type when you get that tech.

i have a crash. Building the sdi probably. If you send me your mail i'll send the savegame.
You can attach save game files to forum posts. :)

I bombarded a city defence with ship of the line to 26%, but when I tried to attack it with infantry the combat order says the city's defence is 10%. we have this problem of not showing correct number of city defence rate, but it seems like it is now affecting in the actual combat order. here's the SS. also, grenadier seem to have some trouble with combat order time to time. I don't have a screen shot here but when I tried to attack with a rifleman, the grenadier wasn't given a combat bonus against my rifleman.
I think this happened because cities have different defense values for regular defense and bombardment defense (normal BtS feature) as well as one for espionage defense. Gunpowder units also ignore building defense (walls, castle..) when attacking so they get different defense value when they attack. City's culture amount adds to city defense too so it's quite complicated.

Abbisynian Civ and Ethiopian Civ were the same Civ. Please, delete one in next patch. Native American Civ and Iroquis Civ? Hmmm....
I'm not deleting any Civs even though you're right about that Abyssinian and Ethiopians are same Civ - though from different time periods. Should I delete also Babylon, Persia, Arabs, Assyria or one of those Roman civs because they just happened to be at exact same locations historically (also in different time periods)? I'd say no and I'm actually making Extra Civ addon that will add about 50 more Civs, many of them have been on same areas at different times. When it comes to Civs, I think more choices is better than less and having Civs from different time periods helps later to create scenarios for certain historical ages. In the addon Native American will be renamed to Sioux.

Hi all!
This mod is great! Thanks! :goodjob:

First thing, i have a question. This mod contains the Varietas Delectat mod?
If not, then can you add this mod to your next version ROM2 mod, please (maybe with hungarian sounds)?
Hungarian mod for Varietas Delectat, but without hungarian sounds

Second thing, i added one another hungarian mod to ROM2 (This mod creators: Anima Croatorum & updated for Warlords 2.08 by cool3a2).
This edited mod add a playable hungarian civilisation for your ROM2 mod.
You can download this mod for the ROM2:
another hungarian mod for ROM2 with hungarian sounds, edited for ROM2 by me
This mod install is simple: unzip to ROM2 mod dir and overwrite all files.

Please add hungarian mod to your next version ROM2 mod if you can and the hungarian fans will be happy. :king:

Sorry for my bad english.

Cheerio

One hungarian CIV4 fan. :)

Ok, I've been playing the mod with the Vikings since the beginning, and it's near the industrial age now, and I would like to say I love this mod.

It's the first time playing marathon that teching up to gunpowder units makes sense. It's the late Renassiance now and I'm starting to get Gunpowder.

I got the Great Wall, which really helped since Barbarians are hard to fight.

The only thing I could ask is that if a civ had a lot of a resource, like oil, supher, iron, etc, that the Civ would receive a bonus when building units using that resource. I ask because the only way to really slow down a huge civ with a lot of iron mines is by destroy each and every mine.

Great mod, 5/5

Great mod, one of my favs right now. I'm going to have to restart soon though, because the map I'm playing is mostly ice (random map gen, but a very random one) so my capital has good production (nearly any normal building or unit in 1-10 turns) but the rest of my cities suck. I'm making about 300 gold a turn now =P

I'm not deleting any Civs even though you're right about that Abyssinian and Ethiopians are same Civ - though from different time periods.
Ok, I understand your point of view. Maybe you could do these civs wouldn't happen in the same game?Two cities of Addis-Abeba - it looks strange.
and I'm actually making Extra Civ addon that will add about 50 more Civs, many of them have been on same areas at different times.
More civs-more fun, but in my opinion there are a lot of absurdly civs in mods: Swiss, Illyrian, Cuban. Be cricitious making addon :)

konradcabral said something about the memsaver option- what is it, and how do I turn it on?

A lot of civs are good as long as it doesn't feel like they're just there to say "Hey, there's a Cuban Civ here" or something like that.
I would love a Soviet Union Civ though. Even though the game has Russia and Stalin, it doesn't feel the same.

Hi all!
This mod is great! Thanks! :goodjob:

First thing, i have a question. This mod contains the Varietas Delectat mod?
If not, then can you add this mod to your next version ROM2 mod, please (maybe with hungarian sounds)?
Hungarian mod for Varietas Delectat, but without hungarian sounds

Second thing, i added one another hungarian mod to ROM2 (This mod creators: Anima Croatorum & updated for Warlords 2.08 by cool3a2).
This edited mod add a playable hungarian civilisation for your ROM2 mod.
You can download this mod for the ROM2:
another hungarian mod for ROM2 with hungarian sounds, edited for ROM2 by me
This mod install is simple: unzip to ROM2 mod dir and overwrite all files.

Please add hungarian mod to your next version ROM2 mod if you can and the hungarian fans will be happy. :king:
This mod doesn't contain Varietas Delectat but this mod does have several hundred (~300) ethnically diverse units added and more will be added in future patches. I couldn't combine VD directly because my mod adds many new unit classes and I have to find new ethnic units for each new unit class - so basically there might be most of the same unit graphics as in VD but they might not be used for same unit classes.

Hungary will be on the extra civ addon pack that I'm going to release today. I had it combined to my addon before you posted about it here. ;)

The only thing I could ask is that if a civ had a lot of a resource, like oil, supher, iron, etc, that the Civ would receive a bonus when building units using that resource. I ask because the only way to really slow down a huge civ with a lot of iron mines is by destroy each and every mine.

Great mod, 5/5

Great mod, one of my favs right now. I'm going to have to restart soon though, because the map I'm playing is mostly ice (random map gen, but a very random one) so my capital has good production (nearly any normal building or unit in 1-10 turns) but the rest of my cities suck. I'm making about 300 gold a turn now =P
I'm glad you're enjoying the mod. :) I might do something to resources in future patches - like resources getting used up by certain buildings and those buildings would be required to build units. This might simulate better how resources are used in real world, though I'm not sure how AI players could handle this situation in large scale mod like this.

About building strategy - my capital usually gets good production amount and I tend to hurry up production in other cities (all those poor slaves helping their king... :rolleyes:). I use capital often to make main military units, like make archers early game in capital and move them to new cities - new cities will just make workers / buildings until they're good size. Of course barbarian and other Civ threats make me adjust how I build my empire but basic route is usually this.

More civs-more fun, but in my opinion there are a lot of absurdly civs in mods: Swiss, Illyrian, Cuban. Be cricitious making addon :)
My addon will be mix of modern day civs, some native american civs and some better known ancient civs. Full list can be seen in this thread. They are all in modular format also, so it's easy to remove those that you don't want in your game. By default all are enabled.

konradcabral said something about the memsaver option- what is it, and how do I turn it on?
Go to Beyond the Sword folder, there's Civ4Config or Civilization4.ini file, open it and find line memsaver = 0. Change the 0 to 1 to enable that option.

lol. That's exactly what I was doing with my capitol and cities.
For the resources, I'm kinda confused by what you said. You mean if a building required stone, one stone resource is used up until production ended and/or paused?

Yes! Go Italy and Mexico!

I put up a save of my current game before it hits the 2MB mark.

Playing as Vikings, not the most powerful of Civs in the game, but control a lot of the non-ice part of the island. The Capitol is well defended because of how important it is. There's Celts on the continent as well, but friendly.

The Egyptians are pleased, so it's cool there as well. The Navy is powerful too, with anywhere between 7-20 ships, mostly privateers. The Celts are still using Caravels and those ships that start with an F (forget name). So the Privateers are superior

lFor the resources, I'm kinda confused by what you said. You mean if a building required stone, one stone resource is used up until production ended and/or paused?
Yes, something like that, but only on some strategic resources, don't see how Civ could use up a resource like stone :lol: Basically copper/iron mines would give you copper ore / iron ore resource, which would be then converted to pure copper/iron in Furnace. Pure copper/iron could be used to make copper/iron weapon resources and these finally enable you to build units that require these weapons. Each building in the production line would use up one resource and give one new. Though this could get very complex system very fast. Other possibility is to make quantitative resources. This is just an idea on design table, I'm not saying it will be added to the mod any time soon as this would require me to overhaul resources/buildings/improvements/units/trading etc ie. it's lot of work.

About those resources...

It seems that the AI still does not care about resources such as fur, silk, gems, cotton, lemons... For silk and gems, the AI only offers 1 gold per turn, and does not care about furs at all. This works also the other way around, you can get free furs just by asking the AI about a deal with your side of the table empty.

I guess this problem has been around since the RoM 1.0. However, it is still quite frustrating, as furs should be your strength when you spawn into a tundra starting location. Also, historically especially silk and furs were worth of their weight in gold...

And also a question on different topic: How complicated would it be to edit the unique unit availability (eg. adding the T-34 also for the Chinese)? Does it require a lot of XML editing?

zappara:

Of course, the system is stable the way it is now. No need to go out of the way right now to change it.
The furnace idea sounds good on paper, but I think that could get a tad complicated. Quantitative resources sounds good. But you're right, something like that would almost warrant it's own mod, as screwing with resources that way affects everything in the game.

Also, maybe if the AI had more of a reason to have those resources (fur, gems, etc), which reminds me.

In the game, the only way to make a Crusader is by having gems and King Richard's Crusade. Instead of that, how about whoever builds KRC allows anyone following that Civ's religion to produce Crusader units.

I can't run it on those settings.. would choke my computer to death. I'm glad that some have fast enough computer to run the mod on highest settings. :D

Well, my computer isn't so fast...

i'm in 1950's and my save has 4MB... And my video card is barely supporting it... Almost every turn, the game interface become blurry and dark in a strange way i can't explain. Oddly, it is quite quick processing the data and turns, except when the video problem happens. I turned down all the video settings, and even so, the problem happens... If you guys know a way of maximize my video card to solve this problem, i'll continue to play this save. If not, i'll start a new and smaller map with the brand new RevDCM and the NewCivsPackage... I'm ultrahappy either way, even China not conquering the world. Maybe now with Brazil. ;)

And Zappara,

i got the ultraresearch power in my empire too, as i saw other people saying around. I have all the Wonders like Edison's, Einstein's...
I play in the Noble level, last time i tried more difficult level i sucked, but that wasn't in RoM. Did you changed the difficult level to Noble becomes easier? The two times i played RoM (1.0 and now 2.0) at the Noble level i was the absolute ruler of the world... easier than BtS Noble alone. Is that a impression of mine?

Anyway, i also think these wonders are overpowered.

Well, my computer isn't so fast...

i'm in 1950's and my save has 4MB... And my video card is barely supporting it... Almost every turn, the game interface become blurry and dark in a strange way i can't explain. Oddly, it is quite quick processing the data and turns, except when the video problem happens. I turned down all the video settings, and even so, the problem happens... If you guys know a way of maximize my video card to solve this problem, i'll continue to play this save. If not, i'll start a new and smaller map with the brand new RevDCM and the NewCivsPackage... I'm ultrahappy either way, even China not conquering the world. Maybe now with Brazil. ;)

Usually, I try to zoom out to globe view, because too me, it should be logically faster because the only thing I see fromg globe view in clouds and city names.

How many Civs were you playing with?

Usually, I try to zoom out to globe view, because too me, it should be logically faster because the only thing I see fromg globe view in clouds and city names.

How many Civs were you playing with?

32 civs... i know, i know, i'm too ambitious... do u have this blurring problem too? and you click on globe view, and it gets better? is that so?

32 civs... i know, i know, i'm too ambitious... do u have this blurring problem too? and you click on globe view, and it gets better? is that so?

I have this problem too. first I had the famous bad memory allocation error CTD problem. now I (almost) solved it by sacrificing ability to use Alt+tab and set mem saver=1 in ini file. now it seems like this strange graphics happens a lot more. I suppose this means I need to get a better graphics card. it happens in every few turns. I tried many things but it never got better other than restarting. It's better than getting CTD all of sudden, though.

to konradcabral:
It's very difficult to design a game-balance. I don't think it was intended to be easier in this MOD. it must be because of more freedom=more room for human to outwit CPU.

to Zappara:
I noticed CPUs are building forts on top of resources. I don't get it; it seems as if thye are programed to build fort instead of mine/quary/camp etc. any idea why this is happening?

Top Bottom