SL Wiki Upload List

May I ask for a tiny change? In the case of Mamluks, it's AH (Anno Higrae), not AD... I'm using the muslim calendar in it. So it's really in XIII century, 1250 (the start of mamluks' reign) - 1302 (the fall of last crusaders' stronghold in Syropalestine).

I changed it, but next time please just change it yourself. The whole page should be editable. Thanks. ;)

oh, right, I didn't know... although I should, as it is "wiki" after all...

thanks

That shouldn't be a problem if they're archived. I found that the wiki wouldn't accept RAR files. I had to change some files to ZIP. Choice.com should be phased out, as it's incompatible with 64-bit operating systems.

I changed it, but next time please just change it yourself. The whole page should be editable. Thanks. ;)
I think it would make more sense to laymen, like me, if it was converted to AD.

I'm having trouble uploading my scenario... .exe and .com are prohibited files and the scenario includes delevent and choice... Which many others seem to as well, so I'm wondering what I am doing wrong?

I've already built the page, and just need to upload the scenario...

http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index.php/Germanicus_on_the_Rhine

Any help is appreciated!

Are the files in a compressed folder like .zip?

That shouldn't be a problem if they're archived. I found that the wiki wouldn't accept RAR files. I had to change some files to ZIP. Choice.com should be phased out, as it's incompatible with 64-bit operating systems.

I think it would make more sense to laymen, like me, if it was converted to AD.

I can actually change the file extensions. I had originally expanded it to include zips but I will add .rar and all the other ones tonight. I think I'll keep out .exe and .bat since those can be potentially dangerous just sitting out there.

They were in a .rar file... I took Catfish's advice and put them in a .zip instead, and they appear to be working... Uploading now :goodjob:

I can actually change the file extensions. I had originally expanded it to include zips but I will add .rar and all the other ones tonight. I think I'll keep out .exe and .bat since those can be potentially dangerous just sitting out there.
What about 7Z archives? I see you're still having trouble with spammers.

Yeah 7zip will be one. And yes, the recaptcha doesn't seem to be working. I'll have to restrict page titles next.

Alright, I added 'rar', 'tar', 'sav', 'xlsx', '7z', 'gzip', 'txt'.

That should about cover the gamut of most civ files. I can add others if anyone thinks they are necessary.

Looks like WWII is finished. Fictional is almost done.

Catfish I see you've been adding a title with version and author to the top of your pages. I'd say go with the category tags at the bottom of each page but I don't know if there's a way to move them up to the top. Anyways, I like the titles. I'll try and incorporate on what I do. I've also been adding any reviews we have to the pages. Proper version of course.

I'm going to look into adding an XML dump extension so the wiki can have a soft backup.

Catfish I see you've been adding a title with version and author to the top of your pages. I'd say go with the category tags at the bottom of each page but I don't know if there's a way to move them up to the top. Anyways, I like the titles. I'll try and incorporate on what I do.
I added the version and author sub-heading because I felt they weren't always obvious; it would often depend on how I arrived at the page. I've changed my template several times as I've added pages.

Does anyone have the latest version of Second Front for FW? It's version 1.1. I have the game files, but not the revised graphics files. Note that there are separate versions for FW (SAV hex-hacked for hot-seat mode) and MGE (HOT file); the latter was never updated beyond version 1.0. Date stamps for the 1.1 graphics would be more recent than 1 October 2000.

BTW, hats off to codehappy who mirrored Apolyton's archived section before it got nuked. :thumbsup: (I think CFC needs a plain old thumbs up emoticon, instead of one with complimentary winking tard.)

I have been working on the SL Wiki front page. It will take a bit of tinkering to get it looking right so bear with me. Of course if anyone wants to add/edit feel free. I just wanted to get something up there for now to welcome visitors.

I have finished the initial work on the SL Wiki Home page. Its no masterpiece but it will fill the space for now. Please feel free to point out any errors, I'm just checking it and have found a couple myself. One thing I wanted to check was the background colour. Will it be staying white? If so I will edit the unit .png images with white backgrounds to blend in. If the background colour will be changing I will wait. I have no idea how to chance the background myself, not yet anyway!

I have finished the initial work on the SL Wiki Home page.

And with Catfish help, I have finished the Fictional scenario pages (including tags for author and version)

Only things missing are:
- a few reviews for some kobayashi scenarii, whcih I hope to add tomorrow
- a walkthrough fr Star Trek Dominion which I could not find...

You are so right, the little beggars annoy the hell out of me :goodjob: :thumbsup:
:lol: The grinning idiot does have its uses. The 'goodjob' code always reminds me of my mate's mum who used to use the term as a cue for their German Shepherd pup to take a s**t. My mate threatened me with death should I ever utter the term while the dog was inside the house. Very tempting. :goodjob:

Please feel free to point out any errors, I'm just checking it and have found a couple myself.
You started dropping the year from the date part way through. ;)

One thing I wanted to check was the background colour. Will it be staying white? If so I will edit the unit .png images with white backgrounds to blend in. If the background colour will be changing I will wait.
Why don't you just give them transparent backgrounds and save yourself the trouble? :p

Well Catfish, it's good you mentioned something about restricting access. I have just added a Captcha for new user login after checking the user list. Damn spam. New users now have to sign up using a captcha. Now to delete some pages and ban some spambots...

Looking over Recent Changes and the corresponding atom feed, I notice that there's a bit of spam on the wiki. Civilopedia (Harry?) has been doing a great job blocking, but it's a job for more than one person.

If you guys are comfortable with it, I'd be glad to help out fight the spam. I just registered St. Leo on the wiki, and I'd be happy to ban spammers if you give me sysop privileges.

If you guys are comfortable with it, I'd be glad to help out fight the spam. I just registered St. Leo on the wiki, and I'd be happy to ban spammers if you give me sysop privileges.

Nice seeing you again, Leon! It has been a long time since Discworld map! :D

Speaking for myself, any help is welcome and your contribution would be much appreciated!

Looking over Recent Changes and the corresponding atom feed, I notice that there's a bit of spam on the wiki. Civilopedia (Harry?) has been doing a great job blocking, but it's a job for more than one person.

Works for me. I'll give you privileges tonight when I can get to a desktop. Thanks for your help.

The problems started when the wiki was linked to the Civfan home page. I've added a login requirement and a recaptcha, but the spam just keeps coming. I figure restricting page names might be the next step. If you have any suggestions please bring them up.

Top Bottom