Deity OCC Science Victory - G&K Strategy and Tips

Impressive for sure!

I've never had the RA bug - agree it seems wrong to consider a turn time for victory when you get 25k RAs etc that are clearly bugged.

I want to try this for my first Deity win. I think I can do it. I gave it a shot tonight but by the time I earned Education, nobody wanted to be Friends with me. =/ I had Darius in a perma-war state and he didn't want to make peace.

Having some trouble with this one. I tried it on Large Islands and had decent success, but by the time I had Education, no one was interested in declaring Friendship.

I stayed peaceful, though Darius was in a state of perma-war with me.

Is there something about the Large Island map that prevents AIs from declaring Friendships? =/

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm going to try Korea OCC Large Islands when I get home, just to see if I can make it to a victory and refine my strategy a little.

Hopefully I'll have more luck this time. =)

Tried this for the dozenth time as Inca. I've been getting better and better each time, making fewer mistakes.

Went Pangaea, Small. Found a really, really nice spot near a mountain, easily fortified, lots of Silver, horse and sheep. Lots of food and production. By Turn 141 I had ~20 Pop and was on my way to finishing my first wave of RA's.

Had a full standing army, great happiness. Temple of Artemis. Good relations. No wars. Hit medieval a bit early, though, and had to spend a point in Commerce.

...Anyway, here's the heartbreaker.

I get my GE from Temple of Artemis, right? Turn 144, my RA's end. Finished up Architecture with room to spare. I pop my GE on Porcelain Tower. One turn to build!

Next turn: Theodora has completed Porcelain Tower!

Might have been the first time in my life I yelled at a computer monitor.

FML :(

Hi guys.

I won my first Deity game tonight. Yay! Korea, 258 turns! This guide, MadDjinn's work and the 4 City Tradition Rush guide were a huge, huge help. I won with two cities though, not one.

I just tried this. It works pretty well, but I was defeated on turn 276. Not much room for error here.

I finally did it. Turn 237. Korea.

Had 5 RAs going at once sometimes.

Japan, Russia, Polynesia, Irriquois, Babylon Englands and Ottomans were the opponents. I was never attacked.

good job budweiser! Your gameplay has made a huge progression in last weeks :goodjob:

Sadato - This is a great guide. I learned so much about diplomacy and making friends with the AIs. I think there is room to get a pantheon on diety if you make a shrine your second build because your first scout will sometimes find religious city states to give you a boost. In that last game, I saw pantheons being created fast so I knew there were religious city states out there. I actually bought my shrine and I was able to get Fertility Rites on a desert start.

Also if on pangea, it might take 2 scouts to find everyone or else your single scout will get locked out of passag without open borders.

Tabarnak - Thanks. I think your 4 city guide really sets the standard for G&K.

Hey guys, what is considered a good time in terms of turns for a science victory on Emperor, using your standard settings and standard Civs for this VC (Babylon, Korea). Obviously, the AI techs much slower and it's hard to make research agreement since I find the AIs don't have a lot of gold. And when they do, I usually have to pay a premium to get a research agreement.

I just want an idea if I doing well or could do better. I see these awesome win on Immortal and deity but I'd like to know what the standard is on Emperor.

I tried this with the Maya on Immortal. First, the strategy is very helpful. The great part about the Maya is that you are guaranteed an engineer when you want it. However, things went all off track when the other Bak Tun GP started popping. It wasn't horrible getting an artist and merchant, but it delayed GS's. I think what is holding me back (I have not yet finished) is that I only had 3 luxuries and everyone seems to have them already. My gold, therefore is in trouble. I would probably tell people to stay away from the Maya because it makes managing your GP a lot more complicated. Unless you have some tips for it.

I think it will work better on Diety, but I am always scared to try that level.

Using the strategy with the Maya I won on 315 and no one else was close on Immortal. The win was decisive, but not such a low turn number as others. I did really mess up scientific revolution so that is a good 20 turns at least I could improve. I will try again with a different non Maya civ to see if I have an easier time.

Using the strategy with the Maya I won on 315 and no one else was close on Immortal. The win was decisive, but not such a low turn number as others. I did really mess up scientific revolution so that is a good 20 turns at least I could improve. I will try again with a different non Maya civ to see if I have an easier time.

Play a few more and you will see that your own self research is no the driving force in terms of turn numbers, its consistant RAs. You need to self research to Education by turn 100-120 like the guide says, but beyond that, its mostly RA power. Just focus on the money so you will always be able to get an RA wen they are available. Towards the end, you dont want to be spending a large number of turns researching any of the techs, you want them coming in 1 tuen from the RAs and maybe some GS pops.

Dont stress over the Maya's odd GP, any GP will help. I only settled 2 or 3 Great scientisits when I was doing this.

Hey guys, what is considered a good time in terms of turns for a science victory on Emperor, using your standard settings and standard Civs for this VC (Babylon, Korea). Obviously, the AI techs much slower and it's hard to make research agreement since I find the AIs don't have a lot of gold. And when they do, I usually have to pay a premium to get a research agreement.

I just want an idea if I doing well or could do better. I see these awesome win on Immortal and deity but I'd like to know what the standard is on Emperor.

On Emperor, you will definitely be slowed down. The AI lacks money like you say, you ALWAYS have to pay extra because they are usually 1 or even 2 eras behind, and if I read MadDjinn's post correctly you will always get lower beakers from the AI side because they will never have as high bpt as the human unless the human made too many mistakes. That said, I think the optimum finish time is on T260-T280 standard speed. My current best is T285 as Siam so Korea & Babylon will definitely have better finish times.

prince_caspian said:
On Emperor, you will definitely be slowed down. The AI lacks money like you say, you ALWAYS have to pay extra because they are usually 1 or even 2 eras behind, and if I read MadDjinn's post correctly you will always get lower beakers from the AI side because they will never have as high bpt as the human unless the human made too many mistakes. That said, I think the optimum finish time is on T260-T280 standard speed. My current best is T285 as Siam so Korea & Babylon will definitely have better finish times.

Ouch. Thanks for answering. My current game as Babylon, I was very far ahead in tech but only finished at 328. I had 3 cities, however the 3rd one was pretty crappy. My cap had 5 academies, I think I bulbed like 6 Great Scientist. I bought a Gr Eng with faith (to build the Hubble) as well as a Gr Scientist. My cap was at 29 but as I said, surrounding land was bad. I got DOW'd once by 2 AIs, which slowed me down a little.

But thanks for the reference of t260 to t280.

Yes. One Babylon city near mountain. Great place for petra.

I think my problem that I am doing continents and it takes awhile after astronomy for other civs to befriend me.

Thus, I can't start RA at T120. It happens around 150-160.

I attached a good starting immortal save but it is continents, not pangea.

I tried this map, got to about turn 180, having problems with allied city states not providing me with coal that already is mined!...must be a bug in the game, I tried allying another city state...still a bug, gonna have to scrap that game.

The starting location is good, a little light on food but great production and with the desert take desert folklore. Dido declared war on me right away but can't come up past the bottleneck, I alled the cs there. I built up a pretty good religion, but like you said I couldn't meet anybody for the longest time and since I'd be ahead (say industrial ) and they'd be behind in renaissance there are all sorts of problems getting RA.

Top Bottom