Beyond Sid

I haven't posted here for a while simply because I haven't seen anything worth replying to.

:love:

Bamspeedy,

or anyone else who knows, what is the terrain type that has been used and where can I get it from?

I'm a new member and I read this thread and after reading it all I have to make the comment:

"Bamspeedy. You just beat Civ3 at an insance difficulty level. What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to take over Disney World!"

What is the definition of a hero?

One who does the seemingly impossible, who sees the limit and goes so far past it that it is unbelievable.

This game is amazing, quite frankly.

Okay, I know I asked before, and Bamspeedy answered, but I forget, what are the settings for the map (I'll try to find them in here somewhere...)?

Found it Page 2, Post 31

Moderator Action: Posts edited. There is an edit button so you don't have to make extra posts.

Thanks CT :). I accidentally trible posted the original post (:eek:), and so I thought I might as well use all the posts, because well, it would look better than one editted post, and then two uneditted posts, and I can't delete my posts. Sorry, I really should have just PMed you.

Here is Bamspeedy: [plasma]
Here is Bamspeedy's opponents: :wallbash:

You are really good(understatement of the year)!

I can hardly beat regent, never mind "Beyond Sid"
oh, BTW, what would you name this new difficulty level?

Great job, Bam! :goodjob: I can really tell you know how the AI work!

I, personelly, would name Beyond Sid: Bam (you can obviously see the relation).

Maybe they will make a city on of the city list named Bamspeedy just as one is named Thunderfall

Whoooha. I was a bit bored and selected on most replies in this forum. Great stuff!

Phew! Like Arathorn's Sid AW thread (but mercifully shorter...?!), I'm exhausted reading it! But what a game... crazy numbers of units!

Neil. :cool:

GREAT JOB BAM!!! i cant even win on monarch!!! im gonna try this game though and use the exact same strategies as u did.

I know this game was finished, like, a year and a half ago... but I just have to say: WOW!!! :D That game was SO impressive, Bamspeedy - and not only that, it was also educational: I learnt a LOT of new strategies and got a LOT of cool ideas for my next game just from reading it!

A comment on the obvious AI problem in civ3 - I really hope that with civ4 we'll actually get some DECENT AI!!! (Reading the info articles about it, Soren and the team SAY that the AI will be much better in civ4... I certainly hope that isn't just the normal pre-release hype!!!) I've noticed that the problem with the civ3 AI is that, as you've made REALLY obvious by your "Beyond Sid" game, they don't actually get any smarter as the difficulty level goes up!! :crazyeye: :lol: All that happens is that they just get a few bonuses (or in this case, a massive amount of bonuses ;) )... but they STILL make the SAME fundamental blunders as they do in CHIEFTAIN!!! :rolleyes: I mean, you can always play multiplayer with humans (lately I've been doing a bit of this for a challenge)... but the problem with that is 'proper' games (no quick-victories, and a decent sized map) take SOOOOOOOOO much time, and frequently because of this they never make it out of the Ancient era, let alone make a start on the other three!!! :(

Bamspeedy said:
I went for conquest because that is usually the victory condition that most strongly symbolizes that you are in *control* of the AI. On some maps and difficulty levels you can get a culture/domination win without fighting a single battle.

Well, as far as I can tell (without search) I finally got the first no-offensive-battles domination that's been recorded. I'm sure a better player than myself could probably get it in the BC years with the conditions I set forth(see here) but I'd really like to see a Huge Vanilla Diety domination with no offensive battles. THAT would be a challenge. (I'm sure it could be done, however, you'd just need a good start and a ton of micromanagement--and being Babylon can't hurt either.)

Top Bottom