Interesting Screenshots

The water walking Leaders happened to me long befor I start modding in C3C. ;)

Hidden in this thread are at least two examples (but not mine).

I think you're right, which is interesting. They are not recognised as being in my territory until Russia's turn. I loaded a save from about 1100AD and I got the option (they still chose to teleport though :( ).

I tried to think of a scenario where you could potentially take advantage of this to bounce pre-Map Making, but it would require some really exact and unlikely circumstances.

Pre-map-making, it would be pretty unlikely, mostly since you'd have to have a lot of culture built up in the area. Once you did, you could maximize chances by signing open borders, getting a unit deep into a rival's territory where the culture was built up and the sea nearby, and then canceling the open borders - if you're lucky, you'll get teleported to another continent. But having that much culture is unlikely.

However, if you consider the chances of being able to cross by means other than suicide galley, the chances of teleporting first do increase considerably, albeit still to fairly low levels. And as the other continent gets farther away, while it does decrease the chance of a suicide galley succeeding, it also requires progressively more land to be completely culturally controlled by your rivals.

that ocean crossing galley thing happened to me once or maybe twice , but you tend to end up in one tile islands . And if LotM , a mountain so that you can't settle anyhow .

as for leaders walking on water , the regular that happens to me is that ı load a science leader onto a ship to rush a great wonder like the Great Wall when invading an enemy continent and while rearranging Marine type units ı leave him in the middle of Ocean .

I am still trying to figure out what happenend. :eek:

This is a regent level game and I was surprised, that the KI has only build the Colossus as only wonder so far. Also I have more than 50% of the world population and I have not seen a single KI city beside their capital.

At this stage of the game I would at least expect decent sized empires and a horde of Vikings at my shores...

So I removed the fog of war using Civ3Multitool.

I have not messed with the editor since the last game (also regent level), so I have currently no clue, why the KI does not expand.

Besides I hate it, when two countries share the same color. :rolleyes:

From what mod did you get the Mammoth Cavalry? I would love to have them to go with the Triceratops cavalry.

From what mod did you get the Mammoth Cavalry? I would love to have them to go with the Triceratops cavalry.
they are created by Plotinus: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359199

Every ten rounds the Mammoth Shrine (needs Warrior Code, obsolete with Horseback Riding) gives an Ancient Mammoth (2/1/2), wich in turn can be upgraded to their flavor mediveal versions (4/1/2, king flag): http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17135

I allowed them to be part time worker with Quintillus Editor, so they can build roads and clear... ehm... eat jungle and forest.

But was not the Mammoth Shrine your own idea? ;)

they are created by Plotinus: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359199

Every ten rounds the Mammoth Shrine (needs Warrior Code, obsolete with Horseback Riding) gives an Ancient Mammoth (2/1/2), wich in turn can be upgraded to their flavor mediveal versions (4/1/2, king flag): http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17135

I allowed them to be part time worker with Quintillus Editor, so they can build roads and clear... ehm... eat jungle and forest.

Yes, it was, I did not know Plotinus had made it. Now I will have to figure out how to add it to a Mod, maybe my updated Conquest version of Test of Time, so that I can have fun with the Mammoths.

Look, I don't want to rain on the parade but mammoths became extinct before 4,000 BC. The culveronius might fit the bill better
Civ3 starts at about the same time the last mammoths lived on north sibiran islands.

Also the lovely model by Plutinus is available unlike a model of the Cuvieronius.

Additional the Covieronius became extinct 11000 years ago, then there were still Mammoths around. ;)

This is one of the few articles, there the german Wikipedia is much more informative than its the english counterpart.

I've read that there are parts or Siberia that were never explored by a human being since they are so hard to reach. Maybe we could find never before seen animals in there. Maybe there are still mammoths around who knows.

Look, I don't want to rain on the parade but mammoths became extinct before 4,000 BC. The culveronius might fit the bill better

The game allows for fantasy or "what if" types of scenarios, to include John Carter of Mars Barsoom, and Escape from Zombie Isle. Mammoths are just a way of spicing things up a bit.

Maybe I'll use these instead of those disproportional large elephants out there.

So how come? Make a guess. Took me a while to figure it out ...

iron-in-grass.jpg

Hmm... it can only be found in hills and mountains, but that does appear to be a non-standard map, with a massive size and 31 Civs.

Is there anything that can change terrain from hills to grassland?

Hmm... it can only be found in hills and mountains, but that does appear to be a non-standard map, with a massive size and 31 Civs.

True the map is modded but that is not the issue here, as I did not change any terrain property. Only map size, number of civs and corruption settings were changed.

I know it's not the right answer, but it might be a glitch, as in one of my current games (not even modded) there are Fish on Wetlands. I thought about making a screenshot, but I think people have already posted such screenies in the past.

I'm pretty sure you'd still see the hill under it when you viewed the map like this.

I know it's not the right answer, but it might be a glitch, as in one of my current games (not even modded) there are Fish on Wetlands.
Fish appearing on Marsh in Conquests is not a glitch as such, it's actually how the terrain/resources are programmed (you can check in the Editor). It looks really dumb after you drain the Marsh to Grass, but Ho hum -- just another Conquests add-on that wasn't thought through/ tested properly...

OT, I have no idea how that Iron ended up in the Grass -- unless Hills can get flattened as a result of (excessive rainfall-induced erosion from?) Global Warming...?

If you look north of the iron, you can also see a river point of origin on some grassland. That is a good indicator that there was a mountain there that was removed with the editor.

My guess is the resources/terrain of the map were edited to cheat some iron down elsewhere (probably starting location of the player), that particular iron in the screenie was on a hill, and that hill (along with the one next to it) was changed into grassland in the editor, leaving the iron behind.

Unless its a pile of tank droppings.

Hills cannot be changed to grassland in-game. Pollution can make some terrain changes, but not hills to grassland.

Top Bottom