Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Click on them.

.........Even after the workers have moved. That will prevent them from moving automatically next turn. :)

.........Even after the workers have moved. That will prevent them from moving automatically next turn. :)

That also works if you have a unit heading for one spot several moves down the line, and then discover that you need to change its destination.

The SPHQ causes unhappiness, but does generate culture. That doesn't mean a flip is impossible, but it makes it less likely. If there is resistance, the unhappiness would make it harder to quell, making a flip more likely. You'd do better building a colosseum or temple, depending on how you plan on building something to generate culture and/or happiness. If you have an MGL, I'd build the SPHQ where it would do some good and rush a cheap temple for culture in the town you want the flip risk reduced.

The SPHQ causes unhappiness,...

I really don't think that is true!!

It just works like a second Forbidden Palace. and you can build it where you want. It would matter much, even if you build it in the same city where the Forbidden Palace is located.

But I agree that it would not prevent the city from flipping...

I checked the 'pedia entry and it says nothing about unhappiness, so I must be wrong. I thought I saw somethng about unhappiness caused by it, but it must have been something somewhere else. Sorry about the misinformation.

If I build the SP HQ in a captured city, I presume that would make it impossible for it to flip. Correct? I've never used Communism before.

If a city has the forbidden palace, it can still flip (tough experience, believe me). So I would guess it can still flip with the SP HQ.

I posted on this thread last week about an island start I had. I resigned it after checking that there was ocean tiles with no break all around me. I started it again by hitting the play last map and picking a different civ got me on one of the two larger landmasses.

Have cleared my landmass apart from the vickings down south who I am about to wipeout in a very short war. Have just got the tech to allow me to trade over oceans. The Arabs are the big boy on the other landmass. I have just passed themby into first place.

I just signed deals with the three other civ's for the rest of my missing luxuaries for lower level techs and some resources/lux's. My thinking for this was it will help them contain the Arabs and the happyness boust for me will help with score and production.

It will take me 20 turns anyway to be finished up with the vickings and ready to land my forces on another landmass(have to build the fleet)

I have read on here people saying not to trade resouces/lux with other civs so just wonder should I have done it as the extra three lux are a bit of an overkill as I was reasonably happy already?

thanks

Trading for lux using lux tends to be expensive after you have a few. If the deal was a tech from you for a lux from them and the tech is not going to put them in a position to hurt you, why not.

If you gave them more than 1 lux for 1 lux, often the case, and they were one of the stronger civs, then I would not do it. I see players giving 3 lux to the number one civ, that just makes them stronger.

I have read on here people saying not to trade resouces/lux with other civs so just wonder should I have done it as the extra three lux are a bit of an overkill as I was reasonably happy already?

Importing is OK. It is exporting where you need to be very careful. First giving AI luxes helps them a lot (see vmxa above), and second there is no rep penalty if a trade route is broken and you were importing stuff. Not so with exports.

It was techs and resouces. I think I gave horses and saltpeter to the two runts of the litter on the other island. I don't expect to be invading them.

Again, what I would trade depends on the relative strengths. As was stated, you have to be careful that they do not get eliminated.

Salt is used to make some strong units from the middle age. If you are using infantry and tanks, no problem, if you are using the same units (cavs, muskets), you have just made them your equal.

If they are tiny, again no problem. You just have to take it all into account.

So I will have a trade rep hit if the person I am dealing with gets killed through no fault of my own? That kind of stupid. Who is it thats pissed off at me?

If the arabs where at war with the Mongals and I traded with them I can understand the arabs being pissed. But I don't see how the Mongals getting wipped by the arabs should mean everyone doesn't trust me anymore.

It's a coding bug. When you are exporting a Lux/Resource, and you suddenly stop before the 20-turn deal is completed, it doesn't look at *why* you stopped, just that you stopped. Therefore you must be an evil Civ, and you will be treated as such.

Top Bottom