Safehold Project

Registrar

Chieftain
A Scenario based on David Weber's Safehold series.

The Map is 95% finished but only in outline form (grassland and some mountains). Some cities, those on Weber's Safehold map, are in place.

The map is huge 360x360. The game system is based on 'The Great Race'.

Moves are a Safehold month, 4 weeks, The game begins after the battle of Darcos Sound and ends in Year of God 1000. About 300 turns. Victory conditions? Normally I ignore victory conditions. I am only interested in playing the game. However, destroying the Holy Alliance and capturing Zion might work.

As the Game begins Charis and Chisholm are in a locked alliance. The human player may want to Hotseat both nations. And Emerald has joined the Empire. Zebediah and Corisande are in a locked alliance at war with Charis. The Church, Harchong Empire, Kingdom of Dollar, Desnarian Empire & Kingdom of Tarot are in a locked alliance at war with Charis.

Would like to hear from Civ players intersted in the project and anyone who might want to help making the Scenario a reality.

Never heard of the series. I agree 300 turns may be short for a map so large, unless you are going to have rails from the start or very quickly?

You should ask this in the creation and customization forum, they are the guys who make mods.

creamcheese & vmxa

Thank you for your comments

Yes it is large. But most of it is water.

Each lozenge is about 68 miles across. A ship sailing at 4 knots it will cover 96 miles a day or 1920 miles a Safehold month. So the ship will cross 28 tiles a month. Allow for adverse winds and give the ship a movement factor of 24.

Land movement. On discovery of Steam the distance problem is addressed with Railroads or a wheeled transport (Train?) unit capable of moving at +_ Sailing Ship rates. Which used would depend on the AI's ability to handle a transportation unit.

Air movement. Zeppelins aside aircraft were limited to point defense and short range attack until after WWI and postwar units are beyond the scope of the Scenario. So no problem with aircraft. They can be moved by sea or from base to base on land.

I expect this project was abandoned? I would quite like a copy of the map though if you could make it available.

The project was not abandoned but it has been on hold. Am working on it again and will try to post sometime about the release of the latest book of the series, October 2015.

The smaller map has been posted in CIVIII map archive. With some changes and additions this will be the map I use for the game.

Top Bottom