Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to install the mod a couple times and when I get to the 2nd message of the installer, it doesn't give me a folder to install the files to.

It lets me proceed to install and I've attempted installing it 3 times and I'm not too sure where they've all been installed to since I get a confirmation screen at the end that the mod was installed.

Is there a solution for this? I have an image if needed

Is there a way to load the mod directly instead of having to start Civ4, check the mod, and then restart Civ4 with the mod (it takes a while to start Civ4 twice...)?

Add "mod=\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" without quotation marks in your shortcut. It has to look like this "<path-to-civ4>Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

I got an error message saying it wasn't a valid mod folder. Maybe it's different for the Steam version?

While I'm here, what's the difference between the AI 'city governor' and the player one?

Hey, I remember in past versions of AND you could also show your & opponent's names including their civilization in the scoreboard (such as Julius Caesar/Roman Empire). But now I can't see any option in the BUG menu to do it again. Now it only shows the civilization (Roman Empire).

Hello,

I have got a question: In one of my games I worked an apple orchard on a small island. So this tile is not directly connected to the citym via road because there is a coast tile between them but lies in the city radius; I installed the orchard as well as a road on it. Although the field is "active" (workers work on it and the city gains its benefits) unfortunately the ressource apple itself is not in the resource list of any of my citys.

Why does this happen? Any idea?

Regards.

Do you have Seafaring tech yet? If yes, then no idea...

Hello,

I have got a question: In one of my games I worked an apple orchard on a small island. So this tile is not directly connected to the citym via road because there is a coast tile between them but lies in the city radius; I installed the orchard as well as a road on it. Although the field is "active" (workers work on it and the city gains its benefits) unfortunately the ressource apple itself is not in the resource list of any of my citys.

Why does this happen? Any idea?

Regards.

You can get the benefit in the city by doing as you did OR you can get the resource by building a fort and road, but you can't have both. I think it has been this way in all versions of Civ IV.

Thank you for your answer,

but this is something I do not understand. How can you harvest the ressource when you build a fort on it? I am confused.

Maybe I should try it though.

Regards

Thank you for your answer,

but this is something I do not understand. How can you harvest the ressource when you build a fort on it? I am confused.

Maybe I should try it though.

Regards

A fort is a special type of city. If you build a city on a resource you get the resource.

You need the fort and a road/route of some kind.

I got an error message saying it wasn't a valid mod folder. Maybe it's different for the Steam version?

While I'm here, what's the difference between the AI 'city governor' and the player one?
Hope I wasn't forgotten. >_>

The installer's 1st page lists the correct default folder for steam, check to see if they match up.

The Human City Governor was specially coded by Firaxis, and, by most players standards, sucks. The AI City Governor switches the governor to the AI that the regular AI players use, instead of the "special" human AI governor.

I was wondering, does the Ai acctualy build( and use) aircrafts/nukes?
If not is there any ways to make it happen?

Human AI governor is bad, but sometimes the Ai gov goes into another extreme. I've seen small cities building defense units like there's no tomorrow and they were not at any border.

Btw are there any thresholds or circumstances when the governor decides to hurry a building or unit production ?

Have not found answer trough "search", so - writting here:

I am playing in last version of ROM:AND. Marathon\Gigantic\Prince (if it's important).
When I discover a religion - I can't convert to it.
(I am not dicovering only Technology what have a religion , not. I am really first player, who discovering this Technology and Religion - and game show me a little
"video" about "you have discovered a new religion")
I tried with different religions, even discovering two of them.

Are there some prereqiuesites to "convert to..."? Special buildings, civics...
At least for first 2-3 religions?

Are there some prereqiuesites to "convert to..."? Special buildings, civics...
At least for first 2-3 religions?

I guess you need at least to have "Prophets" (or later civics) to convert to a religion. If "limitited religion" game option is checked all players can only discover 1 religion in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom