Political Cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady milkman said:

I don't get it.
I hope others will throw in what they made of this one. I read it two ways:

a) This depicts the kind of international relations which takes place with regard to say 3rd world debt relief. ie. Rich first world power (with it's economy in good shape and with institutions in place) tells the muddled Third World country what to do to sort themselves out if they are to get any help.

b) It's a straight depiction of a failed dialogue. The Rubik's cube representing the difficulty involved to solve it.

This is sheer brilliance IMO>
Banksy Website said:
How illegal is it to vandalize a wall if the wall itself has been deemed unlawful by the International Court of Justice?

The Israeli government is building a wall surrounding the occupied Palestinian territories. It stands three times the height of the Berlin wall and will eventually run for over 700km - the distance from London to Zurich.

The International Court of Justice last year ruled the wall and its associated regime is illegal. It essentially turns Palestine into the worlds largest open-air prison.

It also makes it the ultimate activity holiday destination for graffiti writers.

the one with the Rubics cube..id have to agree full hartedly about your take on it..thats exactly what i would think of it

Some interesting ones

It is interesting to see how the cartoonist viewed the Iraq situation back in 2003. I wonder how he would picture it now.<

Edit: That last one is great Aphex :lol:

Elgalad--good pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom